August 2016: Hits & Misses

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Miss: Shea Moisture Frizz-Free Curl Mousse
A friend loves it (3c/3b hair) but it did not work for me.

Oddly enough, after I returned it to Walgreens I looked around for a bit. I saw the clerk put the used bottle back on the shelf. I used it a few times so it was clearly not new and unopened.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Hit: APB leave in and HH macadamia & avocado salted caramel custard. My hair is so soft and silky. Like every single coil.

Miss: Being on my last jar of HH macadamia & avocado salted caramel custard.

Major Miss: Wanting to reup on the above product during their next sale. Y'all know I don't like that woman but her products are heavenly

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Miss
- wanting like 50-11 passes during this N/B cause I'm impulsive and I have come to terms I enjoy shopping and having variety in the stash :curtain:
- these bloggers on IG reviewing stuff that I now want to try
- these companies having random 50% off sales before the N/B break :look:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Napp when I was pregnant I stopped relaxing, to exhausted and wasn't messing with any salon. After I gave birth, I was just tired. I wasn't spending that free time neutralizing lol. By the time I really realized I hadn't relaxed, almost 2 years had passed. My last relaxer was 10/13 and I realized it around 8/15. I was barely on the board at this time as well. So I just said fuqet and chopped off about 6 inches. My last chop was in June and I'm pretty much natural.

@rileypak girl, you'd be surprised what I found so far in my stash. I've noticed the sales too. Like Jay-Z said "The Feds still lurking," I swear they know. They know about us.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Forgot to add:

Always a Hit:
Bekura Vanilla Whiskey. I've just been using on my ends and it's making me really happy. I was thinking about stocking up LD but I can hold off til BF.

Might be a Miss:
Curl Junkie Repair Me. It's not heavy enough. The clay has my moisture levels way up, so when I used it, it wasn't hard enough. Im going to get the the Deep Fix and see if that works better. I had to use Keraphix after RM. Keraphix is my HG back up but as much as I love it, I cannot depend on it. That's why it's back up.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Saludable84
For my Heavy, (in the Handmade/Naturals) I've been using HV's Methi Step1. Or Mission:Condition's Caramel Treatment

I haven't had to pull out Nexxus Em-gen-cee (which would be my Salon b/up).

I bought a small bottle of Apoghee Two Step (but haven't ever used it outside of the Salon)

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84
For my Heavy, (in the Handmade/Naturals) I've been using HV's Methi Step1. Or Mission:Condition's Caramel Treatment

I haven't had to pull out Nexxus Em-gen-cee (which would be my Salon b/up).

I bought a small bottle of Apoghee Two Step (but haven't ever used it outside of the Salon)

I never tried two step but I make it a rule to not use anything that makes my hair "hard". Scares me and I haven't needed them in forever.

Keraphix is good, just can't use it unless I need it.

I still have some SSI Okra Reconstructor so I'm going to try that.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Hit:

This SM Low porosity leave in is reminding me of CRN Curl Love + Ajani balm combo. My ponytail is so soft & silky feeling

What is this?! The year of the staples?! I've had so many hits this year.

What does it smell like? I like CRN curl love but I'm on my last bottle and I might be tempted to try something new.

Anaisin

What does it smell like? I like CRN curl love but I'm on my last bottle and I might be tempted to try something new.

I'm terrible at describing smells but I do smell the hints of tea tree, spearmint in it. It doesn't have the bakery-ish smell CRN products have. Not a bad scent and not overpowering imo

Aggie

Forgot to add:

Always a Hit:
Bekura Vanilla Whiskey. I've just been using on my ends and it's making me really happy. I was thinking about stocking up LD but I can hold off til BF.

Might be a Miss:
Curl Junkie Repair Me. It's not heavy enough. The clay has my moisture levels way up, so when I used it, it wasn't hard enough. Im going to get the the Deep Fix and see if that works better. I had to use Keraphix after RM. Keraphix is my HG back up but as much as I love it, I cannot depend on it. That's why it's back up.
This is the reason why I need my commercial Dudley's DRC 28 Protein Treatment in my life. It's the only protein treatment along with Keracare Super Reconstructor that I have confidence in to really strengthen my hair when it gets mushy:yep:. I am never getting rid of these two treatmens for as long as I can get them here OTG.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Can you post a picture of this? I can't seem to visualize this but I'm intrigued
Hit: Aussie Moist Conditioner

View attachment 369789 My hair about 80%dry. It was even better the next day when I had some volume.

IMG_20160820_185747.jpg This is my hair right now, Day 5 after picking at some SSKs on one side.

ETA: Did you mean the banded pineapple? LOL! I'll try to add a pic of that.

IMG_20160820_191213.jpg I imagine I look a bit like a Dr. Suess character.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
This is the reason why I need my commercial Dudley's DRC 28 Protein Treatment in my life. It's the only protein treatment along with Keracare Super Reconstructor that I have confidence in to really strengthen my hair when it gets mushy:yep:. I am never getting rid of these two treatmens for as long as I can get them here OTG.

It's funny. I almost gave away my Keraphix and something told me to leave it. Even the youth renewal is good, but a bit hard. I'm so glad I didn't give it away because I would have been screwed. I'm always keeping a bottle on hand.

I'm going to try the SSI Okra tomorrow because my hair has uber moisture. As of now, I'm keeping Keraphix handy or get the Nexxus Reconstructor in the grey bottle I used to use when my hair was REALLY badly damaged.

Aggie

It's funny. I almost gave away my Keraphix and something told me to leave it. Even the youth renewal is good, but a bit hard. I'm so glad I didn't give it away because I would have been screwed. I'm always keeping a bottle on hand.

I'm going to try the SSI Okra tomorrow because my hair has uber moisture. As of now, I'm keeping Keraphix handy or get the Nexxus Reconstructor in the grey bottle I used to use when my hair was REALLY badly damaged.

What brand is the Keraphix @Saludable84

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
What brand is the Keraphix @Saludable84

Nexxus. I just found some Nexxus Youth Renewal Conditioner in my closet, which I find to be much better, but you can tell its made for really damaged, over processed hair. It has protein higher up and pearl protein. At this point, I may just use the SSI and keep Nexxus as back up.

Aggie

Nexxus. I just found some Nexxus Youth Renewal Conditioner in my closet, which I find to be much better, but you can tell its made for really damaged, over processed hair. It has protein higher up and pearl protein. At this point, I may just use the SSI and keep Nexxus as back up.
Good grief, how many protein treatments does Nexxus have anyway? That's a lot so far...Emergencee, Keraphix, Youth Renewal...Wow!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Good grief, how many protein treatments does Nexxus have anyway? That's a lot so far...Emergencee, Keraphix, Youth Renewal...Wow!

Nexxus might be in the drugstores but they are a salon brand. There are more. Their Polymedic Reconstructor is bae! Their entire purpose is to give you an entire new head of hair :lachen:when I used them consistently I didn't have damage. I also didn't need to deep condition :look: but I'm not promoting that.