August 2020: Hits & Misses

LushLox

Absolute hits:-

Beauty Pie Intensive Nourishing Shampoo
I’m not usually one to rave about shampoos but this is amaaaazing! Nourishing is right, so moisturising it felt like I was rinsing out conditioner. Beautiful gentle formula you can even see a trace of the oils with it in your hands. Winner

I’m really loving Beauty Pie hair products.

Philip Kingsley Elasti-Styler
This a new product like Elasticizer but a leave in version. It feels great on just washed hair - moisturising, my ends look so good when I use this.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
New Hit
  • The Doux Big Poppa Styling Gel , great definition, moisturizing and good amount of hold

Continued Hit
  • Wash days

Miss
  • The Doux Big Poppa Styling Gel, glycerin based, too sticky when really humid out. Definitely not working in the winter time.
  • Hair shedding , i dunno probably stress

werenumber2

Can you describe them? so I know for the upcoming sale lol

Moonbeam smells most like apple to me but not sharp and sour. It’s like a soft, sparkling apple. Illusion is like a strawberry-peach pie - it’s fruity and warm at the same time. Peach Bellini is just as the name implies and Sea Salt & Orchid is a very clean, marine-floral scent. That one would probably be a good choice for a body wash

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Hits:
APB
-OMG conditioner- SO MOISTURIZING!!!! It’s just perfect. The light, creamy consistency deceived me into thinking it wasn’t heavy enough to do anything. I was so wrong. My hair was so soft and detangled so easily.

-Honey 3N1 leave in- This product kept my hair juicy. My hair stayed mostly tangle free.

demlew

Hits:
APB
-OMG conditioner- SO MOISTURIZING!!!! It’s just perfect. The light, creamy consistency deceived me into thinking it wasn’t heavy enough to do anything. I was so wrong. My hair was so soft and detangled so easily.

-Honey 3N1 leave in- This product kept my hair juicy. My hair stayed mostly tangle free.

Thanks for this! I was just about to take OMG off of my list, but I think I'll try it. What does it smell like?

prettyinpurple

Technically last month's hit:
Gemini Naturals - Get Hued haircolor gel
Black woman owned company!

It's great and super vibrant on dark hair. I got the small jars of Midnight and Purple Rain. I've used Midnight.

I tried it on damp hair for my first use. I washed my hair, added leave-in and a little oil, then applied the gel in sections, raked it through that section and twisted each section. I added more later that week, this time on dry hair and added oil on top. It is definitely more vibrant when applied on dry hair. I applied starting a few inches from my root and going to the ends of my hair.

I wore two sleeping caps the first night in case of transfer. Then I went back to wearing one cap. The transfer is pretty minimal. Now it does get on your hands anytime you use them to style your hair but it rinses off easily with just water. In fact I forgot to wear gloves when trying it for the first time and it rinsed off easily then. But be warned before you run your hands through your hair lol. It's been two or three weeks and only a little bit transfers to my hands now. It does flake a little bit when re-styling.

It's a bit messy to apply from the jar. It rinsed away easily and didn't leave any stains.

My hair feels good. Not dry at all. Felt softer than normal actually.

Midnight looks like a light purple with pink tones on my highlighted ends. I like the contrast.

Neomorph

Hits
Pattern Beauty Wide Tooth Comb: Wide tooth combs in general are already great for my hair, but this one takes the cake. It has really long teeth and spacing of the teeth is just a bit farther apart than other wide tooth combs. It allows me to detangle quicker, in larger sections and minimizes breakage

EDENBodyWorks Almond & Marshmallow Split End Repair Masque: It's moisturizing and strengthening and has great slip. I've noticed less shedding/breakage over the weeks I've tried it. But what really sells it is that it comes in a 16 oz jar for $9. Really can't beat that price point especially as my hair grows longer

Lita

Continued old school hit-
Henna,stronger hair with body

Continued old school hit-
Natures blessings,when all else fails this is the perfect sealant,leaves my hair nice,super soft & shiny

Continued hit-
Brina Organics”Fenugreek Chebe spritz” leaves my hair so moist & makes sealing a breeze

Continued hit-
Stunna rice milk,brings out my curl pattern & aids in length retention

New Hits-
Natures Testimony,Marshmallow spritz
this right here has my hair very moisturized for 3 days straight,only thing I did was use natures blessings to seal..Very silky detangled hair.

Natures Testimony,Red onion scalp detox this smells really good,this helps with itchy scalp & made my roots fuller...Great customer service/fast shipping

Happy Hair Growing!

Neomorph

Miss
Softee Herbal Hair Gro
- I really wanted to like the Softee Herbal Gro, but it just wasn't thick enough to seal in the moisture long enough and give my twists the stretch I like. It did make my hair feel soft and smelled wonderful.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
HUMONGOUS HIT: RevAir blow dryer!!!! :worship2::worship2::worship2:
My fantasy of being an occasional straight natural with WL hair is no longer a fantasy! I can’t remember if I’ve already raved about it. It’s amazing. My hair product quest is complete. lol

BIG HIT: deciding to start a 30 day cornrow challenge with multiple growth aides. August is only half over but I already have .5” of new growth!:yahoo:

medium hit: incorporating multiple growth aides I’ve had results with all at once, especially scalp massages with my Ayurvedic spritzes and oils and taking my vitamins and supplements consistently:)

itty bitty miss: deciding to start a 30 day cornrow challenge, even though I am seeing the results, I have moments of unbearable laziness or I’m just too spent from the day’s activities to devote an hour to an intense hair routine, let alone 2-3 minutes for any one growth aid.:nono: Then I feel a little bit guilty, like I’m letting myself down and ruining the bet I have going with a few ladies I know irl (who can’t believe I’ve grown +1” in a month).:drunk::happydance:

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Hit: Keratin treatmentsss, oh my god. My hair is so gorgeous and so manageable. Right now I have in the Avlon Texture Release and I bought the Nutree Amazonliss to try next.

colorful_coils

Hit: Garden of Wisdom Follicle and Scalp Stimulator Serum. I don't usually believe in products like this, but I've been using it for 2 weeks and my hair definitely appears thicker and longer. It's fixed my excessive shedding for sure.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
HIT
•HennaSooq Moroccan Hair Tea
•Nola Skinsentials (black owned) - all her skin care products have been amazing.

Miss
•AfroVeda Amalaki Hair Growth Serum (l like the ingredients but this made my scalp itch after the second day... I’ll use it up as a Prepoo to help avoid the oil buildup)

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
HUMONGOUS HIT: RevAir blow dryer!!!! :worship2::worship2::worship2:
My fantasy of being an occasional straight natural with WL hair is no longer a fantasy! I can’t remember if I’ve already raved about it. It’s amazing. My hair product quest is complete. lol

BIG HIT: deciding to start a 30 day cornrow challenge with multiple growth aides. August is only half over but I already have .5” of new growth!:yahoo:

medium hit: incorporating multiple growth aides I’ve had results with all at once, especially scalp massages with my Ayurvedic spritzes and oils and taking my vitamins and supplements consistently:)

itty bitty miss: deciding to start a 30 day cornrow challenge, even though I am seeing the results, I have moments of unbearable laziness or I’m just too spent from the day’s activities to devote an hour to an intense hair routine, let alone 2-3 minutes for any one growth aid.:nono: Then I feel a little bit guilty, like I’m letting myself down and ruining the bet I have going with a few ladies I know irl (who can’t believe I’ve grown +1” in a month).:drunk::happydance:
Which growth aids are you using?