August 2020: Hits & Misses

Neomorph

Miss
Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-in: It wasn't bad, but I found that I had to use a lot in one go to make my hair moisturized. Too much to justify the price of a full bottle (I luckily bought a trial size). I'll use it up but not a repurchase.

naturalyogini

Miss
Jlexllc Chebe conditioner. The first jar was amazing. My hair felt like butter. This jar. Meh. After rinsing my hair is rough. I think it's a pH problem. I'll give it one more try before I trash it.
Jlexillc Chebe shampoo I've had this since 12/19. I asked the seller 4x what the shelf life was., opened. She never replied. It smelled like dog poo, so I tossed it.
Jlexillc Chebe leave in. Stinks. Smells like my dog when he needs a bath. I added lemongrass to it. Not really moisturizing.

I think I'm done with this vendor for the moment.

Hairties

Hit: Camille Rose Moroccan custard- really lived up to the hype. So great for detangling. I left some in because I need to do a full wash day earlier than expected. Makes me want to try the Jasyn Moisture one, it gets rave reviews too.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits

Keracare Curl Essence Conditioner, so moisturizing with a lovely slip. I wonder if this comes in a bigger bottle.
SSI Plum Nectar Agave Styling Custard/ Curling Syrup, wonderful smell, great definition, decent hold, ample amount in jar

Not a hit or a miss

AsIam Olive/ Tea Tree Cowash and Conditioner, very tingly on scalp. Cowash felt like it did the job and left some moisture behind. The conditioner could have had a little more slip but it was decent.

Miss

My hair never drying in time to set into my washngo. I mean, i do start it around 6 pm but still. I try and sit under the dryer and use the hand held dryer with the concentrator on the end but still not dry.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits

SSI Passionfruit Scalp Detox, just creamy , conditioning and slightly cleansing. Hair felt food after rinsing out
PJN Shea Mint Conditioner, almost thought it was a cowash because it foamed slightly but hair was soft and could detangle with it.
PJN Rice Water Deep Water Condish, favorite DC by her. Creamy, softening and lovely slip. I love the scent too

Old School Hit
Garnier Pure Clean Gel and Pomade, doesnt have a lot of hold but the hair is always soft and boingy! I didnt use the conditioner as a rinse out but its stellar too.

Miss

Some of my hair in the back locin because I dont use tools on my hair in general. I gotta find a rat tail comb somewhere so I can get them out. All in all Im not really worried because i can just cut it if I can get the few pieces out.

Hairties

Hit- Botanika protein mender
I saw a YouTuber use it and describe it as a less messy aphogee 2 step. Decided to try it. My hair feels amazing. All the different proteins in it were great for my hair. I followed the directions exactly. No heat. I followed up with Naturelle Grow protein free elm and SSI royal honey under the steamer. The results were strong heavy strands. im curious to see how my hair fares now especially with my growth products.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Miss: Wild Growth Oil

I’ve been trying it for the first time ever. I missed the WGO band wagon, I think because I read it smelled bad and I was already having so much success/fun with my delightful-smelling homemade hair growth oils.
WGO was so... pungent, I decided to mix half of it with my own much nicer smelling mixture. And it still smells... pungent.
But now I’m wondering if my results would be any different/better using “100% WGO vs 50% WGO”
:cry3: In which case, I suppose I’ll be using “full strength” WGO as my exclusive oil for the month of September.:cry3::cry3::cry3:

Hit: I will never repurchase WGO. Unless, I get 2”+ of growth for the month of September...:scratchchin::drunk:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits

Keracare CurlEssence Cowash and Conditioner. The slip and softness of these two products are very nice. I would like to try out the rest of the line.

naturalyogini

MISS
Natures Ego Cbebe lotion. It is grainy, no scent, no moisture on wet hair and no slip. My hair is drying with little white beads. For the money, I'm very disappointed. I want my money back.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
MISS
Natures Ego Cbebe lotion. It is grainy, no scent, no moisture on wet hair and no slip. My hair is drying with little white beads. For the money, I'm very disappointed. I want my money back.
@naturalyogini
I would contact her and explain the situation.:eek: Good Luck with that. :look:

She could at the very least let you exchange it for something else. This is probably "doubtful" Her CS leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.

I've used her Rinses and DC'er but nothing is a "must-have" for me and IMHO, it's all overpriced and just "okay":look:

naturalyogini

@naturalyogini
I would contact her and explain the situation.:eek: Good Luck with that. :look:

She could at the very least let you exchange it for something else. This is probably "doubtful" Her CS leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.

I've used her Rinses and DC'er but nothing is a "must-have" for me and IMHO, it's all overpriced and just "okay":look:
I did contact her and she is sending me another bottle. The bottle I have looks like curdled buttermilk. Disgusting. We'll see. She did ask me if I put it in fridge, which I didn't. So what happens to her stuff when it gets cold? It breaks down? Yuck!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I did contact her and she is sending me another bottle. The bottle I have looks like curdled buttermilk. Disgusting. We'll see. She did ask me if I put it in fridge, which I didn't. So what happens to her stuff when it gets cold? It breaks down? Yuck!
@naturalyogini
I wouldn't even want another bottle. :look:

I think it is probably the formulation.:look:

Doubtful if you will be happy with another bottle. She should just refund you vs sending another bottle:nono:

naturalyogini

@naturalyogini
I wouldn't even want another bottle. :look:

I think it is probably the formulation.:look:

Doubtful if you will be happy with another bottle. She should just refund you vs sending another bottle:nono:
Well it's in the mail. I'm gonna take a picture of it as soon as I get. I kept the old bottle for comparison. In any event, this us my last order from her. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.