August 2022: Hits & Misses

DVAntDany

Miss: Carol's Daughter Wash Day Delight Gel to Foam styler.

I've used it right before August. It was hard to pull through my hair while both wet or damp when using it alone. So I bought the cream to serum moisturizer to see if it improved the ability to use the foam. I tried them both this morning on co-washed hair. It did help, but now the set is way too undefined and doesn't dry as easily. This foam also leaves a buildup.

They should really market it as a whole system that needs to be used together. Everyone claims that the shampoo is strong. It is probably because these products leave a buildup. I haven't used the shampoo nor conditioner though. I wont use the foam with out the moisturizer because there is no slip. Also the pump get stuck in the down position. Trying to hover diffuse was a bust. It started getting frizzy.

The only good thing is that it smells good. I used the rose water one. The scent is strong. Others can smell my hair. It smells just like Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose perfume.

Aggie

HIT:

Mizani Coco Dew Curl Prestyling Sprays x2 - I really like this as a refresher spray as well as a prestyler. This spray keeps my hair wonderfully soft plus it smells nice too.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
HITs (in no particular order):
Olaplex #0 & #3 As a Pre-Treatment
Olaplex #8 Moisturizing DC'er
Pure Pumpkin Seed Oil
NurCreations Ginger & Mint Scalp Treatment
Camille Rose Naturals Cleansing Milk

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Yall are really influencing me to get one next month.
Get one! I have small puffs, medium puffs, several human Afro kinky curl ponytails of various lengths and a yaki wavy for when I straighten my hair. I’m a ponytail girl now!

I just slick my hair back with eco styler or xtreme gel, add a little kiss edge fixer and slick my edges, set it over night and morning routine is a breeze! All I do it’s put the ponytail on and go!

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Any links?

These are a few of my summer rotation. I’m thinking of getting a human hair one too but I hate wrapping tracks and such. This has been my fav look chic for wfh that just flows for me as a bunch of hair in Texas heat is a crime.

HealthyHair2020

These are a few of my summer rotation. I’m thinking of getting a human hair one too but I hate wrapping tracks and such. This has been my fav look chic for wfh that just flows for me as a bunch of hair in Texas heat is a crime.
Oooh these look cute. Thanks!

BeautifulRoots

Mega hit

For under $8 on Amazon. My hair felt amazing after rinsing it out. I think I kept it in no longer than 5-6 minutes. I’m going to try it again next wash day and see if it’s just as amazing.

Elizavecca cer-100 collagen coating hair protein treatment 100ml https://a.co/d/cB3x2pB
I always wondered if this hair treatment worked well. Good to know!

BeautifulRoots

Tried a lot of new (to me) products this past wash day...

Hits: Suave almond and shea conditioner -- great slip, very moisturizing.

Garnier whole blends coconut and cocoa butter smoothing conditioner. Used this as a leave in for air drying. Hair is super soft, shiny, and moist.

Curls blueberry bliss twist n shout cream -- adds nice shine to the hair and smells lovely.

Misses: Joico moisture recovery shampoo and conditioner. This did not work for my low porosity hair. I had my doubts since they both contain keratin, but gave it the benefit of the doubt since people say it's really moisturizing. I was wrong, so wrong. As I was working the product into my hair, it just felt harder and harder. By the end, my hair felt stiff, wiry, and tangly. :-/ Thankfully the above mentioned conditioners softened my hair up tremendously despite the overdose in protein.

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I always wondered if this hair treatment worked well. Good to know!

This stuff felt so amazing on application and rinse out. The price amount is just unbelievable compared to higher quality end products I've used in the past. Im going to try the shampoo and treatment rinse if it arrives today and see how it goes. Im hoping the results the second time around confirms my initial application impressions. @BeautifulRoots

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Miss
Unite 7 sec detangler leave in
This needs to burn in the pits of the sunken place as it left my hair insanely dry. I don’t feel like it did much of detangling either. Expensive trash.

shea moisture products in general
I have tried a leave in and deep conditioner and both have just been horrible. I see a declutter coming

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Hits:
Mane and Tail shampoo- I know it has sulfates in it, but my hair is retaining more moisture now. I have found my perfect shampoo that happens to be inexpensive. I have not tried the conditioner and don't intend to.
Adwoa Baomint DC- is a great replacement for two of my holy grail conditioners that I use for protein/moisture balance, but the price point is meh ($36 for 16oz). I like the ease of having less products in the shower with me, but I dont know if an $8 increase plus inflation is worth the convenience. I received this conditioner as a sample and can probably get two more uses out of it. The more I think about it, the more I want it. I may have to wait for a sale.

Lissa0821

Miss:
Dax Indian Hemp: too light, my hair was dried out in two days even with heavy sealing on wash day. These greys need all the moisture they can get as they take over my head.

oneastrocurlie

Hits:
Mane and Tail shampoo- I know it has sulfates in it, but my hair is retaining more moisture now. I have found my perfect shampoo that happens to be inexpensive. I have not tried the conditioner and don't intend to.
Adwoa Baomint DC- is a great replacement for two of my holy grail conditioners that I use for protein/moisture balance, but the price point is meh ($36 for 16oz). I like the ease of having less products in the shower with me, but I dont know if an $8 increase plus inflation is worth the convenience. I received this conditioner as a sample and can probably get two more uses out of it. The more I think about it, the more I want it. I may have to wait for a sale.

This a staple DC for me. I try to snag one during the Sephora sales, one should be coming around November. They've also had promos through IG shopping and the shipping was free.

KaciaLN12

Hit: Using curl activator lotions to scrunch out the crunch of gel on a wash n go. It doesn’t affect definition (as long as I don’t use a lot), adds moisture and movement and doesn’t really decrease the hold. I’m currently using one from Lottabody, but almost all brands have them now. I wonder if it would work with activator gel??

Miss: Not detangling before shampoo the last few wash days. Much more tangling and breakage and the hair doesn’t retain as much moisture from conditioner because it has to replenish too much moisture and help detangle. Im going to try to do better, but laziness may win.