Aussie Moist Conditioner's old vs. new ingredients

caress

Aussie Moist Conditioner\'s old vs. new ingredients

Recently Aussie decided to revamp it's products so I took a look at the new Aussie Moist shampoo and they've changed the ingredients drasticaly. I bought it today but haven't used it yet. I worry that I won't be as good as it used to be based on the ingredients. Please tell me what you think.

The old ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Extract, Chamomile (anthemis nobilis) Extract, Kangaroo Paw (Anigozanthos Flavidus) Flower Extract, Dandelion (Taraxacum Officinale) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Wild Cherry (prunus serotina) Bark Extract, Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) Extract, Sambucus Nigra Extract, Garlic (Allium sativum) Extract, Nettle (urtica dioica) Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Amodimethicone, Acetamide MEA, Emulsifying Wax, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium PCA, Trideceth 12, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, FD&C Yellow No. 5, D&C Red No. 33

The new ingredients:
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract*, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Dimethicone, Glutamic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

*Guava Extract

mslionheart

Re: Aussie Moist Conditioner\'s old vs. new ingredients

Caress, I absolutely HATE the new formulation. I bought a huge bottle at drugstore.com not realizing that they had changed the formula. While the original formula helped moisturize as promised, the new formula completely strips the hair. It also makes my hair harder to detangle, whereas the old formula made detangling a breeze. I can't imagine what possessed them to change since the original was so good. Now I'm using my Mastey Traite shampoo exclusively. It is a wonderful moisturizing shampoo, but builds up over time. I used to wash with that for a couple of months then break out the Aussie to clarify without stripping. I can't do that with this new formula.

lsubabiedee

Re: Aussie Moist Conditioner\'s old vs. new ingredients

i dont like the new formula as much as i liked the original...so i found some of the old ones and bought them...i truly believe that its the lack of those herbs and oils that make the new ones suck....im thinking about buying some macadamia nut oil and adding it to the new conditioner

caress

Re: Aussie Moist Conditioner\'s old vs. new ingredi

Well I'm going to be trying this conditioner tommorow I think. Since I bought it from Rite Aid I should be able to return it if it doesn't work well.

Angelicus

used it as a conditioner wash today and liked it... not as much as the new three minute miracle though.

Cindy70

I just tried the Aussie Moist Shampoo tonight on my hair and I really liked it. It didn't seem to dry my hair out at all and it didn't give my hair that rubbery feeling that a lot of other shampoos do. I'm guessing that the shampoo is the new formulation since I just bought it today. I used the 3 minute conditioner that came with the shampoo afterward and it left my hair easy to detangle. Wow.. and the old formulation was even better??

Cindy70

Yes, the bottle was purple. It worked fine for me. I'll definitely be using it again.

lsubabiedee

cool...i like aussie alot....the new formula is still good, just not as great as the old one to me!

Cindy70

Too bad I never got to try the old formula
... well maybe not, I probably wouldn't like the new formula as much as I do now.