Question Automatic renewal of annual subscription

Spongebob

Dear Moderators

I have just received an e-mail saying that my yearly subscription is going to be automatically renewed. This has never happened in previous years. When my subscription was up in the past, it would not renew unless I specifically wanted that, so I don't really know why it's renewing it automatically for me now.

The e-mail also says that I have to log into my pay pall account (which I never opened) and cancel the subscription. I'll the attach the e-mail below incase my explaining was poor

also: I don't even have a paypall account?! unless it's indicating for me to open one now?

Dear Spongebob,

Your access to the paid subscription "LHCF Annual Fee (1 year)" is scheduled to automatically renew.

You have selected a recurring subscription and therefore you will be automatically billed for the renewal fee on the last day of your current subscription period. If you do not wish to renew this subscription you must visit http://www.paypal.com, log into your account and find the 'subscription creation' transaction which would have been created on the day that you originally subscribed. Once you find that transaction you must open it, scroll down to the bottom, and cancel the subscription.

All the best,
Long Hair Care Forum

CrueltyFree

I'm having this issue as well. Only, I have a paypal account. I see the transaction but I don't see anything indicating a subscription so I can't disable the subscription. I don't really want to pay for another subscription because I don't use this site frequently anymore. What do I need to do to prevent being charged?

ETA: Ok I found out what to do
Click Profile near the top of the page.
Click My money.
Click Update in the My preapproved payments section.
Click the name of the merchant for the agreement you want to change.
Click Change in the Payment Method section.
Select the payment method you’d like to use.

Weird thing is though that apparently I've done this already. It says that my subscription is cancelled, so I'm not understanding why I was sent this email. I hope I'm not charged.

Last edited:

BranwenRosewood

CrueltyFree

I also got that email about auto-renewal. It doesn't actually renew your subscription. When I logged in the day my subscription was up I couldn't post and the site had a banner suggesting I subscribe. I think the email is just something that automatically goes out to people with subscriptions that are almost up.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
Yup, I got this email this morning--my subscription ends on Monday. I don't have LHCF on auto-renewal, so I would have to do it manually. :yep:

CrueltyFree

I also got that email about auto-renewal. It doesn't actually renew your subscription. When I logged in the day my subscription was up I couldn't post and the site had a banner suggesting I subscribe. I think the email is just something that automatically goes out to people with subscriptions that are almost up.