Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade - Product Review

Lindy

I recently got this product in a trade -- (thanks, Lunalight!!
) and I tried it for the first time last night on a twist-out.

Because of the texture of this product (hard to describe, but it's kind of like a very thick, dense clear gel. When you touch it, it feels like grease but it's "cool" to the touch) I thought it would weigh down my twist-out a lot, but SURPRISE!! It didn't!! My hair came out so very shiny, and the waves were definitely more defined than usual. AND, my hair still had movement!! Gorgeous!! This gets two thumbs up from me!!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
I have some of this but I am waiting to use it on my natural hair. Thanks for the reveiw!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome!! It will probably work GREAT on natural hair!!

Honey01

I love this pomade too. I've been using it for years. I use it for both curly and straight styles.

Isis

Thanks for the review. I use the Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant pomade, which I love but I did ask the Aveda salon lady about the Humectant. She told me for my hair, it will make it draw up because it attracts more moisture and I'm in a humid climate. So I wonder exactly how it works with straight styles (which I'm not wearing anyway right now) on 4a/b hair.

Also Lindy, can you post the ingredients from the label of the Humectant? Thank you.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Also Lindy, can you post the ingredients from the label of the Humectant? Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will check again later when I get home Isis, but I don't think the label has the ingredients on it!!
But I don't think I checked underneath; maybe it's there...

Isis

Thanks Lindy. I didn't see any ingredients on mine either, at first. My ingredients label is on the inside of the label wrapped around the container. It unfolds out from a little break on the side.

lunalight7

I'm so glad that this worked for you Lindy. I think I took the ingredients label off (because it peeled off)...sorry about that. I hadn't tried braidouts when I had this product...it may have worked for me with those but I was glad to part with it. Enjoy.

Irresistible

Re: Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade - Product Rev

ive been wanting to try this for when my hair is natural and the anti humectant for when its pressed...this is high on my list of things to try.