Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo and Conditioner

MissB

Last week, I finally broke down and purchased the Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo and the Treatment. I was having a bad day and thought a little retail therapy would help. I used the combination on yesterday for my weekly wash.

For a latherless shampoo, the Damage Remedy moisturizes and detangles extremely well. I will still use Design Essentials and Keracare. But, I will add this one to my rotation.

The weekly treatment doesn't look very thick like other conditioners. I was afraid that it would not condition very well. I left it in for 10 minutes without heat and was amazed. My hair felt so good that I didn't need setting lotion or leave in conditioner. I did use a little Keracare Silken Seal on the ends.

If you have been thinking about this one, then add it to your Christmas List.

Allandra

I've heard good things about the Avedo duo. Since I haven't purchased any hair care products in so long, I will be getting this soon. :)

JLove74

Allandra said:
I've heard good things about the Avedo duo. Since I haven't purchased any hair care products in so long, I will be getting this soon. :)

Allandra: Aveda DR is a great purchase. Ihope it works out for you...

Allandra

Alrighty. I just placed my order at aveda.com. :yay:

I'm looking forward to receiving my 5 new goodies.

• Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo
  • Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner
  • Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment
  • Hang Straight Straightening Lotion
  • Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

JLove74

Allandra said:

In my opinion I found no use for the Restructuring Conditioner. I only use the Intensive condish.

lexi08

Is it really necessary to buy the DR shampoo? I have a sample of DR Reconstuctor that I will be trying this week. If I like it, I will buy a full size. These products are pricey and I am trying to cut my spending buying unecessary hair products.

chenai

I bought the Aveda damage remedy shampoo, conditioner and intensive restucturing treatment yesterday (It hurt paying for it all). Today I shampooed and applied the treatment. I applied a little of the conditioner as a leave in, I love how my hair feels. I have fine fragile hair and it feels much stronger and thicker too. I have a question for other members who use this line, do you alternate between the conditioner and the treatment or use one only. I plan on washing twice a week.

SohoHair

*waves flag from Aveda Bandwagon* :bud: :lol:

I'm so glad so many ladies are getting into this line, it is really sooooooooo good. I am texlaxed and I am so lightly relaxed that my mom thinks that I am going natural.:lachen: Consequently my hair had a tendency to get big, frizzy and slightly matted when washing it especially since I still have fairly striaght relaxed ends to deal with as well. However using the Damage Remedy Line has completley eliminated this. I lose so few hairs during the washing process it is amazing, especially considering I don't comb my hair at all in between. I also have noticed softer and much stronger hair. (and this was all before I started hennaing, if anyone was curious, since I've only been hennaing for a week).

I do alternate between the treatment and the conditioner. I use the treatment every 5-7 washes, while I use the conditioner everytime I wash.

Allandra

I plan on using the conditioner once a week, and I plan on using the treatment once a month (in place of the conditioner). At least this is my plan for now.

nycutiepie

I have relaxed (Phyto Index II) fine hair that is damaged at the ends from overprocessing. I bought and have been using Aveda for about 3 1/2 weeks. I returned the regular conditioner and use the intensive treatment instead. The regular DR conditioner didn't do much for me. I start with the Sap Moss as a pre-poo and then the DR Shampoo, the DR Intensive Treatment (w/heat) and follow up with the Elixir as a leave in. The conditioners don't give much slip IMHO and I also had tangling issues, so I solved that by using Elucence MB Conditioner as a final rinse. My hair seems like it's responding well to these products so I'm going to continue using them. I'm willing to spend whatever it takes to get my hair in good condition and the fact that these products are working justifies the price for me.

BrownBetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allandra

JLove74 said:
In my opinion I found no use for the Restructuring Conditioner. I only use the Intensive condish.

I agree, I will not repurchase the conditioner one it is finished. But that Treatment is the truth.

MissB

The lady at the Aveda store said that I should purchase the Treatment only since I only wash once per week. But, a lot of ladies here use the conditioner as a leave-in. That would probably work well for me if I have a lot of new growth.

comike

pistachio said:
I LOOVVE Aveda humectant hair gel it smells SOOO good, and sleeks(if that's even a word) down well.

I slick my hair back in ponytail a few days out of the week and was initially using the Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant to smooth my hair down but a few years ago I discovered the Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam with Honey. It's like a mousse but without the alcohol that most mousses contain. Plus, it doesn't make your hair hard and dry....it's rather soft once it's applied and dries.

rdm

I have used this too. I like it. I would alternate between the two conditioners each week.

prettygrl

I ordered this on 11/19. and I still haven't received my order. :(
I can't wait tho.
Is it too much to use the DR treatment every week?