Aveda DRY REMEDY Reviews!!!

chayil0427

Ok...I got a post card in the mail from Aveda and an offer for a free sample since I'm a member of their Pure Privaledge programs. I knew I had to log on to see what you girls were saying about this product and you didn't disappoint. However I noticed there are reviews scattered here and there so I was hoping we could make an entire thread of Aveda DRY REMEMDY reviews only. Please post your review here even if you've posted it in another thread.

Chayil

Butterfly08

I just got a sample of the con and treatment on Saturday. It's too soon for me to wash my hair, but I will within the next week and post a review. :grin:

e$h

Yeah I got my sample too. Too soon to wash for me as well. I was thinking about using it on my daughter's hair but I'm still indecisive.
I will be back with reviews sometime this week though....

Coffee

I received that post card about getting a sample of Aveda Dry Remedy, but I haven't gone to pick it up yet.

Akemi

I got the postcard too. now I just have to go pick up my sample then I will write a review.

mezzogirl

I bought dry remedy conditioner from a salon a week or so ago. I used it with heat for 25 to 30 minutes. My hair felt like butter and silk after I rinsed it out. The feeling didn't seem to last for many days but that may be because my hair is very dry and needs multiple treatments. I'm under the dryer again with the conditioner. So far, I love it.

chebaby

i didnt like it. funny thing is the shampoo imo was much better than the conditioner.

Lovie

I bought the entire set. Love the ingredients. This Aveda line reminds me of a few of my favorite Phytospecific products; because they use a lot of plant based ingredients, I think it takes a few uses without mixing in other products before your hair responds with the same sheen/bounce, sleekness. When I first began moving away from drugstore brands, it took a few tries before my hair became optimized with higher-end natural plant based products. The most noticeable difference was usually the finish.

Aveda Dry Remedy Daily Shampoo has no sulfates, gives a great lather, and hair is smooth after washing. Would definitely repurchase, and this will likely replace the Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo.

The Dry Remedy Daily Conditioner feels like it is very rich, and rinses well - hair feels very hydrated. [Edit]: The slip is about a [6.5] on a scale of 1-10. I think I prefer Kenra still for my regular moisturizing conditioner. Probably will not repurchase this one. Lost about 2 shed hairs when using.

The Dry Remedy Deep Conditioner is fantabulous. My hair was really moisturized after 30-min w/ heat. I will continue to use this and alternate with my Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner for moisture deep cond. treatments.

I have only been using this product for about a week or so, will inform if my opinion changes.

PS: The smell is SO much better than Aveda Sap Moss, which was a little to woodsy for me.

Last edited:

Butterfly08

I received that post card about getting a sample of Aveda Dry Remedy, but I haven't gone to pick it up yet.

Coffee I remember you from when I first joined, your hair is really growing! :yep:
I bought the entire set. Love the ingredients. This Aveda line reminds me of a few of my favorite Phytospecific products; because they use a lot of plant based ingredients, I think it takes a few uses without mixing in other products before your hair responds with the same sheen/bounce, sleekness. When I first began moving away from drugstore brands, it took a few tries before my hair became optimized with higher-end natural plant based products. The most noticeable difference was usually the finish.

Aveda Dry Remedy Daily Shampoo has no sulfates, gives a great lather, and hair is smooth after washing. Would definitely repurchase, and this will likely replace the Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo.

The Dry Remedy Daily Conditioner feels like it is very rich, and rinses well - hair feels very hydrated. [Edit]: The slip is about a [6.5] on a scale of 1-10. I think I prefer Kenra still for my regular moisturizing conditioner. Probably will not repurchase this one. Lost about 2 shed hairs when using.

The Dry Remedy Deep Conditioner is fantabulous. My hair was really moisturized after 30-min w/ heat. I will continue to use this and alternate with my Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner for moisture deep cond. treatments.

I have only been using this product for about a week or so, will inform if my opinion changes.

PS: The smell is SO much better than Aveda Sap Moss, which was a little to woodsy for me.

Thanks, you answered my question before I even posted. I have a sample of the con and the deep con and was wondering how to use it. I think I'll prepoo with Aveda Sap Moss nourishing nectar pre-shampoo thingie (can't remember the name :perplexed), then co-wash with the conditioner. Then I'll sit under heat with the deep conditioner. I'm getting my highlights touched up in 1.5 weeks so I need to do a real intensive conditioner right before it. :yep:

Cleve_gryl

i didnt like it. funny thing is the shampoo imo was much better than the conditioner.
ITA, the poo was awesome but the mask was...ehh to me. I really wanted to love it since I'm a fan of the DR line.

The Redken line is better IMO :look:

chenai

I love the damage remedy line and can't wait for this line to be launched in London.
Thanks for the reviews ladies!

imani97

I bought dry remedy conditioner from a salon a week or so ago. I used it with heat for 25 to 30 minutes. My hair felt like butter and silk after I rinsed it out. The feeling didn't seem to last for many days but that may be because my hair is very dry and needs multiple treatments. I'm under the dryer again with the conditioner. So far, I love it.

I only used the masque and it was heavenly for me. I did use it after clarifying with baking soda so that may be the difference for me.

Lovie

Thanks, you answered my question before I even posted. I have a sample of the con and the deep con and was wondering how to use it. I think I'll prepoo with Aveda Sap Moss nourishing nectar pre-shampoo thingie (can't remember the name :perplexed), then co-wash with the conditioner. Then I'll sit under heat with the deep conditioner. I'm getting my highlights touched up in 1.5 weeks so I need to do a real intensive conditioner right before it. :yep:[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! I'm not familiar with the Nectar Pre-Poo product, but DCing with those two products definitely put the hydration in your strands before your treatment. Good luck. :)

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
The masque worked really well for me and the shampoo was good, but I haven't tried the conditioner. I've only tried samples, this isn't coming out in England until mid-August at the earliest.

I used the masque with my other conditioners and I didn't use it this time so my hair didn't turn out as nice as the last two times.

hothair

I love the shampoo and Intensive treatment, the regular conditioner is good used with the shampoo but not as dramatic as the treatment, I now only re-stock the treatment and its brill it detangles my hair like no man's business and makes it soft:yep:

ETA: I noticed a few UK ladies are waiting for it to be in London? I get mine from the Aveda counter at Fenwicks and they ALWAYS have them in stock

Last edited:

Ganjababy

I love the shampoo and Intensive treatment, the regular conditioner is good used with the shampoo but not as dramatic as the treatment, I now only re-stock the treatment and its brill it detangles my hair like no man's business and makes it soft:yep:

ETA: I noticed a few UK ladies are waiting for it to be in London? I get mine from the Aveda counter at Fenwicks and they ALWAYS have them in stock

I have been looking out for this. Great, I will get this....................Thanks. Off to Oxford Street:yep:

jamaicalovely

The Aveda Dry Remedy line is soo good. I actually got this for free and was not expecting any miracles. But OMG....this stuff is great! I deep conditioned with the Masque and my hair feels sooo soft. I will alternate this with my Hydratherma Natural products. But you girls got me eyeing Joico Moisture Recovery too.

Imma definitely get the Aveda Dry Remedy products again.

Nice & Wavy

I love Aveda. I have the shampoo, conditioner and treatment of the Damage Remedy and it is definately a staple in my hair arsenal.

The treatment is powerful....love it!

alundra

Addicted to jdramas

I'm in Birmingham and I've checked at two places and they tell me it won't be out for another too weeks. :(

I'm not going to London until the end of this month either. :nono:

It will be ages until I get my hands on that sweet, sweet gold.

pink gator

Ok I got my sample of the Masque a couple days ago and bought the DR shampoo.

After pre-pooing with Vatika and Aphogee 2-Min Reconstructor, I used the shampoo (the clerk told me that just a little goes a looong way, which is good because I'm heavy-handed, and that I was tripping off the price) and DC'd with the Masque with a plastic cap for 30 minutes.

Smoooooth as silk and my hair had plenty swing--even though I have about 3 inches of underprocessed hair.

This line is a keeper!

felicia

I don't think this line is anything special. I kind of have to used a lot of conditioner, which gets really costly with aveda's prices. This goes for both conditioners. It didn't aide in detangling nor did my hair feel soft after. The shampoo is pretty nice. I won't repurchase.

jamaicalovely

I'm in Birmingham and I've checked at two places and they tell me it won't be out for another too weeks. :(

I'm not going to London until the end of this month either. :nono:

It will be ages until I get my hands on that sweet, sweet gold.

Off topic..you're in B'hm? I guarantee you we're related.:yep: 75% of my family lives there. We stretch from the downtown, Quenton, Small Heath..I can go on and on.

I was there last year and plan to go again next year.

Ok, I digress.

Butterfly08

It's just ok. :perplexed Nothing mind-blowing. :ohwell: I got several samples and when they are gone I will not purchase the full line. I will stick with the DR line and Joico K-Pak/Redken All Soft and Smooth Down lines. :yep:

zzirvingj

It's just ok. :perplexed Nothing mind-blowing. :ohwell: I got several samples and when they are gone I will not purchase the full line. I will stick with the DR line and Joico K-Pak/Redken All Soft and Smooth Down lines. :yep:

I keep on hearing so much about Joico--do you happen to know how the K-pak line differs from the Moisture Recovery line?

mikosbelle

I have natural 3c/4a combo color-treated hair. I tried the hair masque and it was nothing to write home about. It left my hair coated feeling, I think it was due to the non-soluble silicones. I have not used non-soluble cones on my hair in a long time and it put my hair into shock just using the masque one time. Needless to say I returned it. However, I must say that I love the Damage Remedy treatment. That will continue to be my favorite from the Aveda hair care line.