Aveda Elixir?

musiclova

I need help blending my new growth with my relaxed hair since I'm transitioning. I heard that Aveda elixir is really good for softening your new growth. Anybody know about this product or any other products that will get the job done. I prefer to wear my hair straight most of the time and my new growth is super thick so it poofs out underneath and I would like to flatten it out a bit. Got any suggestions?

Boadicea

This stuff made my new growth hard as a rock and detangling took forever! Frizz Eases Texture Correcting Serum is so much better. The comb slide through my new growth so easily.

buffalosoldier

I love elixir as a leave in conditioner but Im not sure about it softening new growth but you could buy a small bottle and try it. Its a nice product IMO.

Msm tablets really soften new growth - at least they did for me

PrettyBrownEyes

water based moisturizers help smooth my new growth. I apply them and then tie a silk or satin scarf on for about 10 minutes or a little longer. Works for me.

hubutterfly

FYI Frizz Eases Texture Correcting Serum and the whole "relax" line has been discontinued /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif
I called the company to be sure, then off to walgreens I went /images/graemlins/driver.gif and I stocked up /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

blkmaryland

It also made my hair hard as a rock.....and a tangled mess. When I returned it, I explained to the Aveda Rep that my hair HATES protein and if there was anything that she could suggest that doesn't have protein......believe it or not, she told me that ALL of the hair products in the store contained protein......I thanked her for her honesty and went to Trade Secrets!!!!!