Aveda Humectant Pomade & Braidouts

marygrove013

Ok ladies, my braidout came out well...But I feel that the ends can be more moisturized...Any suggestions? I was thinking of purchasing the Aveda Humectant Pomade to put on the ends after I braid...It's expensive, though...Does anyone know if this would even work with what I'm trying to acheive...Or better yet, does anyone know of a comparable product that is less expensive...Your help is very much appreciated, ladies!

PinkAngel

I have this but have never used it for a braid-out. Maybe try a moisturizing leave-in. What I use is Qhemet Heavy Cream, Sidr Butter or Detangling lotion for braid-outs. I'm sure there are other good ones, I've also used Rusk & NTM Silk Touch or ORS Olive Oil (jar). But I like the Qhemet products best. HTH

Isis

marygrove013 said:
Ok ladies, my braidout came out well...But I feel that the ends can be more moisturized...Any suggestions? I was thinking of purchasing the Aveda Humectant Pomade to put on the ends after I braid...It's expensive, though...Does anyone know if this would even work with what I'm trying to acheive...Or better yet, does anyone know of a comparable product that is less expensive...Your help is very much appreciated, ladies!
I've never used the Aveda Humectant (just the Anti-Humectant) but Sally's carries the Aura Humectant Pomade which is supposed to be like the Aveda. Someone told me this Aura line is like the generic Aveda line.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I bought the Aveda Humectant Pomade the other day. The smell is "different" but I actually kinda like it. Like I stated in my earlier post, I think this would be great for smoothing the ends of a braid-out. It doesn't seem too greasy at all to me.

marygrove013

TSUPrincess04, you were absolutely right about the Aveda working...It worked wonders for my braidout...The ends were so moist & not greasy at all...Most of all, my hubbie liked my braidout!!!