Aveda product suggestions??

Boadicea

Has anyone here tried any Aveda products? If so, could you tell me what you've tried and how it worked for you? I want to know how it stacks up before I spend all of my money.

I was interested in:
~Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate
~Phomollient Styling foam
~Sap Moss shampoo
~Sap Moss conditioning detangler
~Shampure shampoo
~Elixir Daily Leave-on
~Cherry/Almond bark conditioner

Boadicea, Product Junkie extraordinaire

JetBlack

Peace & Love
Aveda products are great! I currently use Aveda's "Curressence" shampoo and conditioner. I also have used the "Sap Moss" shampoo and conditioner. It just depends on what you're looking for in your hair. The Elixir Daily Leave-on is nice. Ask the Aveda representatives. They are usually very helpful.

Peachi

I have the Sap Moss Shampoo and conditioner. I like them so far. I will purchase the concentrate as soon as I finish off the rest of my junk products. I hopefully by the end of the year want to be using mostly the Aveda Sap lines and ORS as my deep conditioner and the Carrot oil for hair grease.

I am a recovering product junkie.

CocoaButterflyy

When I was relaxed I used to use almost the entire Aveda Line and loved it. I used The sap moss shampoo and conditioner, phomolliant for sets, deep penetrating hair revitalizer for deep conditioning, elixer as a leave in conditioner, anti humectant pomade for flat ironing, universal styling cream as a general moisturizer or I'd mix it with the humectant pomade to slick my hair back, and I also used the scalp remedy tonic for my dry scalp.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I have used the Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate and the Sap Moss Shampoo. I think that they are both GREAT! I also have the Sap Moss conditioner (never used) and I plan on using it one day...

You see, sometimes when those PJ urges hit--I can actually go shopping in my own home

sengschick

The Bun Master
I swear by the Brilliant Universal Styling Cream!!! I won't be w/o it, and it's great on hair worn in any style or state. Gives great shine w/o heavy product or any oily feeling!

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
I know that many members of the board have used Aveda products and had awful experiences. But.. I looooooooove this line.
If I had to pick a product line, this would be it! (If i had to pick a single product, that would be something else - Nexxus Humectress is what I am taking to the desert island with me if ever necessary)

Anyways, I digress:
My staple shampoo: Sap Moss Shampoo
Staple leave-in: Elixir
Staple Mild Protein: Curessence
Great for definition and finishing on relaxed hair: Anti-humectant pomade.

I just bought the Sap Moss Mourishing concentrate and I think this is a keeper too. Other good products are Be Curly (good for scrunch-and-go styles) but I found a cheaper replacement from the LUST line that I have to admit works just as well - similar ingredients too.

The Hang Straight is a good blow-dry lotion too but still I found a good inexpensive alternative in the John Frieda Relax line. Other products that are just so-so IMHO are the Brilliant Damage Control spray (didnt see anything good or bad from using it). As for gel products, I tried both Confixor and Brilliant Retexturing - those weren't that hot either but I am not a big gel fan to begin with. I prefer pomades by far. And the Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler, it just didnt work that well - (Humectress and LUST are better for me - type 4a relaxed).

Really, the only staple product that I have not found at Aveda is a moisturizing conditioner (if someone has discovered one please do tell which one i should try). And I hope this helps! Let us know what u eventaully decide to try...

so1913

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
Has anyone here tried any Aveda products? If so, could you tell me what you've tried and how it worked for you? I want to know how it stacks up before I spend all of my money.

I was interested in:
~Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate
~Phomollient Styling foam
~Sap Moss shampoo
~Sap Moss conditioning detangler
~Shampure shampoo
~Elixir Daily Leave-on
~Cherry/Almond bark conditioner

Boadicea, Product Junkie extraordinaire

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried them all except shampure shampoo. The only two I didn't care for too much were the Sap Moss Concentrate (didn't really notice anything different) and the Phomolient. Aveda has VERY good products.

Boadicea

Thank you, ladies.

I bought: Sap Moss shampoo, Sap Moss conditioner, Elixir, and Phomollient.

I'm going to try these tonight, and then again when I use heat on my hair (Dominican blowout)

I'll write up a review later. I wish I hadn't leant my digital camera--I knew I would need it the minute I let someone borrow it!

inthepink

I like the Aveda Elixir - it makes my natural hair very soft and detangled.

I absolutely hate the Sap Moss products. They dried out my hair (and scalp!) which is the opposite of what they are supposed to do!