Aveda Rosemary Mint Conditioner

valenciab

Has anyone tried this conditioner? I believe it's a new product from Aveda. Here are the ingredients:

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Extracts: Peppermint Extract, Rosemary Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-11, Vinegar, Oleaklonium Chloride, Peppermint Oil, Panthenol, Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, Wheat amino acids, Tocopherol, Oryzanol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Diazolidinyl Urea

It seems to have everything necessary for a good conditioner (according to Cathy Howse) protein for strengthening, jojoba oil to lubricate and peppermint and rosemary oil to stimulate the scalp for growth.

ms_kenesha

dcprdiva,

Cetyl alcohol is not really an "alcohol" such as ethyl or rubbing alcohol, which would dry the skin, but is an emulsifying wax made by combining fatty alcohols derived from vegetable sources.

Cetyl alcohol may be naturally derived from coconut fatty alcohol or made artificially.

It is used in many cosmetics as an emollient, thickening agent, moisturizer, emulsifier, stabilizer, opacifier as well as a carrying agent for other ingredients.

Cetyl alcohol is used as an emollient, emulsifier, thickener, and carrying agent for other ingredients. It can be derived naturally as in coconut fatty alcohol or synthetically

firecracker

Re: Aveda Rosemary Mint Conditioner

Well, go head Ms. Kenesha break it downnnnnn!!! LOL My daughter loves Aveda products for her wild mane. She swears by their stuff. I will ask her if she has used this conditioner. You guys have too much hair knowledge for me.

Armyqt

The ingredients look great. I think they have this same shampoo that's been in their line for over 10 years now. Let us know how you ike it if you decide to try it.

missjoey

I'm thinking about co-washing with this today. Does anyone else use this? and if so, do you mix it with anything?

preciousjewel76

Armyqt said:
The ingredients look great. I think they have this same shampoo that's been in their line for over 10 years now. Let us know how you ike it if you decide to try it.

Yeah, this is by no means "new". It's an old school Aveda product. My mom swore by this stuff years ago, and I think she may still use it from time to time.

camellia

missjoey said:
I'm thinking about co-washing with this today. Does anyone else use this? and if so, do you mix it with anything?

I LOVE the Rosemary Mint and the Sap Moss conditioners for cowashing! I don't feel they're quite as rich and creamy as I like a deep conditioner to be but they're just perfect for cowashing. I don't mix them with anything, just soak my hair with water , apply the conditioner, work it in all over and rinse.

I had a bottle of Rosemary Mint last summer than I used for cowashing and not too long ago I tried the Sap Moss. Both are excellent for this purpose. The only downside is the price.

ayoung

i used this when i was natural. i luv the smell and it feels envigorating on my scalp.

i need to try it again on my relaxed hair. and like Camellia said--the only downside is the $$$

missjoey

Thanks for the info ladies! A friend of mine works for a hotel that carries Aveda products for their guests and so she hooks me up with a bunch of shampoos and conditioners. LOL! I can't wait to try it today.

LABETT

I tried it last summer and was not that impressed for the $$. :down:
Capilo Sole and Cinnamon and Giovanni Triple Treat Conditioners are much better and gives more tingle,plus a whole lot cheaper.