Avocado Butter...

ms_kenesha

Does anyone have any avocado butter recipes? I just bought some from Cedarvale and I like it, but it's a bit thick by itself any reccomendations of oils to mix with it? The night befre the DC Area Meeting I washed my hair and applied it to my hair and let it airdry overnight and then styled it with my curling iron. I think it worked well like that, but I'm looking for more suggestions esp. since I bought a pound.

TIA
ms_kenesha

fletgee

I have been hearing so many good things about this product. Cedarvale...mmm..sounds like a winner to me. Now where did I hide that credit card!?!

G

Are you looking for Hair or Skin receipes? I have a book
entitled "Organic Beauty" by Josephine Fairley and I belive they have some skin and a couple of hair reciepes.

I'll check it out for you when I get home.

ms_kenesha

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Mindymouse said:
Are you looking for Hair or Skin receipes? I have a book
entitled "Organic Beauty" by Josephine Fairley and I belive they have some skin and a couple of hair reciepes.

I'll check it out for you when I get home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Mindymouse, I'd like some hair recipes please.

Allandra

I can't believe I haven't order any avocado butter yet.

Kenesha, what is the consistency of the avocado butter from Cedarvale? Does it have a strong or light scent? I bet this would make a great pre-shampoo treatment.

G

Say I checked the book, they were'nt for Avocado Butter but real Avocado, I don't know if you could use the Butter in it's stead

But I PM'ed you the ones in there.

That Tropical Avocado, with the coconut milk sounds interesting , I forget to type that you could sub 10mL/ 2 tsp carrot macerated oil*.

Mascreated= Carrot Macerate:
Place the grated carrot in a bowl. Cover the carrot with jojoba oil. Place the bowl containing the mixture over a pan of boiling water and heat for 1 hour. Remove from the heat, strain and repeat with fresh carrot. Strain and pour into a dark glass bottle.

Like I said, I don't know if these could be used with the Butter or not.

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ms_kenesha said:
Hey Allandra

It has a light scent and it has the consistency of shea butter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mmmmm, sounds good.
I know I'm gonna get some in the future.