avocado hair masque

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
RngdeCurls, glad you, your hair, scalp was fine in the end. Thank you for the recommendation. Will try it this weekend just in case I jack it up, I'll have time to recover before returning to work.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Gonna try this and bought an avocado over the weekend for it.

Reading these posts, I can see why the hair became hard in some cases. Coconut milk, eggs, and other proteins left on the hair for long periods = overload.

I got some molasses, might try mixing with that and tea to make it spreadable. I got a Vitamix so making it smooth should be easy.

BTW--banana masks are the bees knees! They always leave my hair shiny like a cellophane treatment!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Update: Just used it and researched it. Avocado is HIGH IN PROTEIN. Consider it a hard protein and you will understand why you might have gotten helmet hair.

If your are protein sensitive or used some other hard protein treatment you might want to take a pass for a while.

I liked it though. My hair started feeling strong after like 3 minutes of my avocado molasses mask. I rinsed and am now sitting with a moisturizing DC. It feels good. Curls a'poppin!

Lilmama1011

Update: Just used it and researched it. Avocado is HIGH IN PROTEIN. Consider it a hard protein and you will understand why you might have gotten helmet hair.

If your are protein sensitive or used some other hard protein treatment you might want to take a pass for a while.

I liked it though. My hair started feeling strong after like 3 minutes of my avocado molasses mask. I rinsed and am now sitting with a moisturizing DC. It feels good. Curls a'poppin!

Omg thanks sooo much for that info. I was going to put that under protein because the the way it made my hair feel. I don't know why when they describe it they say moisture and hydrating when it's not. So i will not do this weekly like a YouTuber said you can DarkJoy

divachyk

Gonna try this and bought an avocado over the weekend for it.

Reading these posts, I can see why the hair became hard in some cases. Coconut milk, eggs, and other proteins left on the hair for long periods = overload.

I got some molasses, might try mixing with that and tea to make it spreadable. I got a Vitamix so making it smooth should be easy.

BTW--banana masks are the bees knees! They always leave my hair shiny like a cellophane treatment!

DarkJoy, my hair is protein sensitive but love avocado oil. Does the avocado and oil differ in protein?

cutenss

I just did another mask last night, without heat . I used: avocado, olive oil, banana, and molasses. For me, I must follow up with a moisturizing DC. But it does make my fine hands strong.

I am still on the fence about it, but I will continue to use,for now. I just need to find a super moisturizing DC. Maybe I will just go back to using Silk Elements.

starfish79

Her results are nice, but might leave out there mayo, i don't want protein

Lilmama1011 Yeah, I alternate with the mayo, my primary need is moisture. It still works really well for me. I also swap the oils too and use what I have on hand, so if there are other oils that you know work really well with your hair don't be afraid to experiment! :)

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
@DarkJoy, my hair is protein sensitive but love avocado oil. Does the avocado and oil differ in protein?
divachyk Lilmama1011 A whole avocado has 3g of protein. IDK if the oils differ, but yea the oil does have some proteins in it. I guess using the avocado 'meat' is going hard with the protein though.

By the time I checked my strands at 3 mins they felt 'strong' but knew where it was headed. It was on a total of 5 mins by the time I got to the sink, let the water warm, my hair was hitting the hard stage. It was matting as I rinsed. I wasn't worried, though because my misture DC is excellent. It didnt fail me. My 'fro is fine--soft and fluffy and curlier than usual as opposed to being its usual 'kinky'.

This will be a monthly treatment for me and will replace the Aphogee which my hair was starting to break from (the cones).

blackeyes31626

I thought these oil were pure fat.

Anyway, I used to do an avocado mask ages ago and I had the best hair.
All I did was shampoo, dc overnight w/ the avocado and rinse out w/ conditioner. I didn't even need a separate moisture or protein tmt. *sigh* I don't know why I stopped but I am starting back next I shampoo.

divachyk

DarkJoy, my avocado oil has 0% protein. Good call and thanks for the warning on the whole avocado. This would have been protein/hair setback city!

cutenss

I am liking the strength that my hair is getting from the avocado. My fine strands need it. I will do it again this week, if I am able to get me a good moisture rich DC. I am thinking of trying the JOICO moisture recovery treatment balm.

I will use just olive oil and avocado.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
@DarkJoy What DC do you use for moisture?
starfish79 currently I'm using an Indian brand called Vatika Garlic Growth Mask below. Man, that stuff is slippy and makes the scalp tingle:lick:. I also use Aubrey Organics Blue Camomile. That's excellent too but not as slippy.

starfish79

Ooooh sounds lovely, I definitely need some slippy DCs in my life. I always end up using a regular conditioner for detangling after my DCs. Thanks!