Avocado oil...how do you use it?????

leigh.hill

I just bought some avocado oil (unrefined, dark green, not exactly a pleasant smell) after reading about all of its benefits. How do you use it? As a pre-poo combined with other products? With your DC? By itself? Looking for suggestions....Thanks.

PPGbubbles

I used to use avocado oit to mix in my shea butter... and I use a little of it in my hair oil 4 my scalp

leigh.hill

I used it on my scalp today for the first time before going to the gym. I usually co-wash when I get home, but I noticed that my hair was WAY oily. I had to SHAMPOO. I guess a little goes a LONG WAY. When you add to conditioner, do you ever add another oil or is avocado oil enough? It seems pretty thick.

Charlie555

I use it as a part of my braid spray: 1/3 cup avacado oil, 1 cup water, Rosemary & peppermint oils mixed in a spray bottle. I have to shake it good each time before I use it.

leigh.hill

Good question...I think I might like avocado butter (oh I need to stop...just bought the oil, now I want the butter, maybe I should join that PJ support thread).

*Muffin*

I mix it with coconut oil when I'm sealing my hair, in my deep conditioners, and sometimes I use it to massage my scalp, especially when it's cold. I also like it a bit for dry oiling, usually combined with coconut oil. I also like using a bit on my face :).

afrodeutsche

I use avocado butter as a body lotion, face lotion and on my hair, but now I'm wondering if oil is more effective.

I know the butter works wonders. I even got my husband using it now. *lol

clever

Hot Oil treatment.I warm it up and apply it to my scalp/hair and leave it in for about 1 hour before I shampoo it out.

afrodeutsche

On your face??!?!? Really?

It's non-comedogenic. Believe me, I'd be the last person to put something that clogs pores on my face, because I'm so prone to acne.

I copied this from a soap making site:

A few of Avocado Oil's qualities are as follows:

* valued for its regenerative and moisturizing properties.
* rich in vitamins A, D and E, lecithin, potassium, protein and amino acids.
* very similar to sweet almond oil and absorbs into the skin quickly.
* helps heal flaky skin and scalp.
* helps relieve dry and itchy skin caused by psoriasis and eczema.
* often used to treat sun or climate damaged skin.
* has anti-bacterial and anti-wrinkle properties.

So I use one product to moisturize my everything from my feet to my scalp and hair. And it works. Hands down.

I used to use coconut oil for my hair but that bad boy started drying out my hair after a while. Don't ask me why. My hair felt crunchy like potato chips.

leigh.hill

It's non-comedogenic. Believe me, I'd be the last person to put something that clogs pores on my face, because I'm so prone to acne.

I copied this from a soap making site:

A few of Avocado Oil's qualities are as follows:

* valued for its regenerative and moisturizing properties.
* rich in vitamins A, D and E, lecithin, potassium, protein and amino acids.
* very similar to sweet almond oil and absorbs into the skin quickly.
* helps heal flaky skin and scalp.
* helps relieve dry and itchy skin caused by psoriasis and eczema.
* often used to treat sun or climate damaged skin.
* has anti-bacterial and anti-wrinkle properties.

So I use one product to moisturize my everything from my feet to my scalp and hair. And it works. Hands down.

I used to use coconut oil for my hair but that bad boy started drying out my hair after a while. Don't ask me why. My hair felt crunchy like potato chips.
LOL.

I got my avocado oil from soapgoods.com. I cannot believe all of its benefits! Will try other uses....