Avocado

garr6982

My hairdresser called me for an emergency pre-conditioner for someone whose hair was badly damaged from a relaxer and she used avocado. (Can you believe after I mentioned that I liked the avocado butter and she asked my advice)!

I'm not sure how she applied it but it worked wonders for the client's hair.

Try mixing with a little oil and covering with a plastic cap.

I hope it works!

ShashaUK

Hi Soslychic

I recently relaxed (last week after 3 years natural) but I used to use Avocado oil as a pre-wash treatment on my natural hair. I just warmed it up in the microwave rubbed it into my hair and then covered with a plastic cap for 20 mins then shampooed out, deep conditioned and rinse. My natural hair was soooo soft after doing this, shrinkage was less and my hair was very shiny. It came out exactly the same as when I did the coconut milk treatment. I plan to continue using the AO on my relaxed hair and I hope it will enable me to stretch out the time between touch ups.

Hope this helps
ShaShaUK

kedala

Here\'s some information about...

Avocado oil I found on the internet.
Hmmmm.... looks like it could be promising.

I was thinking about mixing this with some evening primrose oil as a pre-hot oil treatment.

Avocado Oil penetrates the skin more deeply than other plant oils (e.g. lanolin, olive, almond or soya-bean oils). Therefore it's an ideal base for transdermal treatments, & a natural carrier for added supplements to reach the deepest target areas.

Skin care products use the natural ability of avocado oil to regenerate connective skin tissue and to inhibit baterial growth.
Avocado oil is an excellent base for ointments used for treating lacerations, dermatitis, acne and similar skin conditions. Also for post-operative dressings to prevent adhesions to wounds and skin burns whilst accelerating the actual healing process.
Avocado oil is an ingredient in upmarket skin care cosmetics and creams, highest quality soaps and shampoos, products for damaged hair, baby hair and sun products. It's also a good hair stimulant.
http://www.avocado-oil.co.nz/skincare.html

Edie

I use only olive oil for a hot oil treatment. But I have been using avocado butter for overall moisture of my hair. I simply put it on the hair while it is still damp and then lightly spray some glycerine on it. I don't put any on my scalp. I lose less than 10 strands of hair a day even with washing it on an almost daily basis.

melodee

be careful, though. There was a thread not too long ago about which type of avocado to use. I had a not so great experience with avocado. Just be careful.

I'll bump the old thread on avocado for you; it's worth reading.

JazzAngel

[ QUOTE ]
Who uses avocado as a pre wash treatment and what have been your results? How do you use it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been using just the plain avocado to treat my hair. I simply crush an over ripe avocado untill it is a smooth buttery past. This, I then apply to my hair and keep in over night. The following morning I rinse out and then apply a moisturising conditioner.

Somehow I have alot less shrinkage after doing this treatment. My strands are also alot stronger. I really love it!

Edie

Anyone use plain avocado? I think that was what i was reading. What is avocado butter?

Pure avocado butter crushed from the fresh flesh of the avocado fruit. This is a much softer butter than any of the other butters and it is creamy white in color. Avocado butter is a very rich, moisturizing treatment for the hair and skin and it has some natural sunscreen properties.

Edie

I get all my natural products from Nature with Love. This is their website.

http://www.soapcrafting.com/searchus.asp

Do a search on avocado butter. It almost like a very thick oil texture. It will actually firm up if it gets cool enough. With this warmer weather, my supply has gotten thinner, but works the same.