AYURVEDIC POWDER ADVICE + Excerpt from: Cherie Ayurveda Vol: 1

Candy_C

Also, if you really feel you cannot be bothered with all this measuring and total control over what goes in your hair, hair soaps are also a valid option

especially for washday, and if your a powder user, every 4 weeks you need to cleanse the hair with some sort of shampoo (or soap)

I have powder combinations on my website with many new additions, these are ready mixed for you, all you do is add two teaspoons, add water and GO

Please ask me ANYTHING about ayurveda here so that newbies or those with queries can see their own question being asked.

Also if in doubt i have another results photo coming in the next week or so and i'm expecting some from cutomers too via email.

Jetblackhair

Thanks Candy, this is great information. I've used the oils and soap bars but I haven't ventured into the powders.

Candy_C

oooooh I just orderd your amal, brahmi Aritha powder mix and your book. Already love amala oil.

Hi, i got it :yep:

wow you look the absolute spit of my cousin! (ps. its a good thing)

i love amla oil too, very good as a pre-poo before washing the hair

Candy_C

growinstrong

Candy, I do have a question. If I mix 1 tsp of Shikakai powder with 2 tsp of Amla powder, how much water do I need? 1 cup, 2 cups :ohwell:? Thanks

Candy_C

Tip: for a moisturizing rinse, and incredible shine, mix 1 tablespoon of Amla powder and 1 tablespoon of Maka (bhringeraj) powder....thank me later! also excellent for breakage caused by protein overload

Lovelylocs

why can't u comb ur hair til next wash day? after deep conditioning i was gonna do a rollerset...so is that not a good idea?

You can rollerset after. :yep: I do this and it works just fine. I have no split ends. Maybe it's the Dominican in me :lol: , but I can't just let my hair airdry hanging straight down anymore. :nono: I let my hair airdry in rollers.

Candy_C

You can rollerset after. :yep: I do this and it works just fine. I have no split ends. Maybe it's the Dominican in me :lol: , but I can't just let my hair airdry hanging straight down anymore. :nono: I let my hair airdry in rollers.

Yeah i guess there's so many different methods to airdrying that suit your hair type.

Lovelylocs

So, Candy_C, you wash twice a week w/this mixture?

Have you ever used Amla powder by itself? Is it really moisturizing?

Do u apply ayurvedic oils to your ends at night sometimes to protect them?

I really like the body that my hair has now that I use it! :up: :grin:

Candy_C

So, Candy_C, you wash twice a week w/this mixture?

Have you ever used Amla powder by itself? Is it really moisturizing?

Do u apply ayurvedic oils to your ends at night sometimes to protect them?

I really like the body that my hair has now that I use it! :up: :grin:

So, Candy_C, you wash twice a week w/this mixture? Yep i sure do! Wednesdays and Sundays :yep:

Have you ever used Amla powder by itself? Is it really moisturizing? Nah not on its own, i like to get maximum vitamins and effects so i usually mix 2 powders together - Amla and Bhringeraj is my favourite right nowbecause its oh so moisturizing

Do u apply ayurvedic oils to your ends at night sometimes to protect them? I actually dont. i only use coconut oil and avocado butter on my hair during the times i dont wash the hair (avo'coco) BUT... i do oil my scalp with ayurvedic oils (mabhringeraj)

:grin:

shocol

Hi Candy_C,

I didn't know that bringraj was so moisturizing, thanks for letting us know. I read that hibiscus is also a conditioning herb. Is that true? Would an oil infusion with bringraj and hibiscus be too moisturizing to the hair?

ETA: I have natural hair, so I need all the moisture I can get.

Candy_C

Hi Candy_C,

I didn't know that bringraj was so moisturizing, thanks for letting us know. I read that hibiscus is also a conditioning herb. Is that true? Would an oil infusion with bringraj and hibiscus be too moisturizing to the hair?

ETA: I have natural hair, so I need all the moisture I can get.

Hi, yes bhringeraj is reaaalllll good at moisturizing, i mean so moisturizing i was debating whether i needed to condition at all afterwards .

Hisbiscus isnt a herb i use, but i have friends that do use it, and enjoy the nefits of softer hair. the thing with an oil infusion with those is that the powder will not dissolve. Maybe if you boil these down overnight you may get an infusion, which you can then drain the particles off and use the oil :yep:

shocol

Hi, yes bhringeraj is reaaalllll good at moisturizing, i mean so moisturizing i was debating whether i needed to condition at all afterwards .

Hisbiscus isnt a herb i use, but i have friends that do use it, and enjoy the nefits of softer hair. the thing with an oil infusion with those is that the powder will not dissolve. Maybe if you boil these down overnight you may get an infusion, which you can then drain the particles off and use the oil :yep:

Oh no, I don't plan on using it like a powder rinse.:lachen:I'm looking to make my own hair/scalp oils. It's good to know that hibiscus does soften the hair. Thanks for all your help with using these powders. I am loving them for my hair.

IntoMyhair

1:1 isnt enough, you need 1:2 (or 1:3)

1 of shikakai, or brahmi, or arith, or neem or whatever
and 2 of amla, or bhringeraj, or jisbiscus etc

coffee maker is fine to mix up your blend, i just find it quikcer to stir and go, and less washing up afterwards! :yep:

Ok thanks Candy C !

Empress Yahudah

Why do u have to use half hot water then half cold water for the tonic?
Can u just use hot water and let it brew till its cool enough to use?
And If not why? TIA :)

God's Anointed

So, I wanted to halfway use this method and I was wondering something. I was thinking of giving up shampooing for like a month and see if there will be any benefits to my hair. Can I buy 1 box of shikaikai powder and 2 boxes of amla powder and mix them together and just leave them there until i need to use them? Also, what is the powder to water ratio that i should be using on medium size APL hair?

Empress Yahudah

Candy would u say that using this tonic twice a week is giving u great growth or Is it massaging ur scalp with the herbal oils that is doing it?

Candy_C

Candy would u say that using this tonic twice a week is giving u great growth or Is it massaging ur scalp with the herbal oils that is doing it?

i think its definately a mixture of both and other things i do.

i always think positive, before i was very doubtful my hair wouldgrow long, so now i am over-confident with my goals and expectations, thats got a lot to do with my success in getting and retaining long hair

the massages r BRIILLIIAANNTT and really wake my scalp up. then whilst my head is still tingling after these massages, pouring the tonic over my scalp (which is warm therefore the pores/follicles are open and the cuticles of my hair are open) further encourages growth. I wear my hair as i please now, just not too tight. also i still dont comb my hair, only once/twice a week on a tuesday night (b4 wednesdays wash) and saturday night (before sundays wash) whilst my hair is coated with oil :grin:

Candy_C

So, I wanted to halfway use this method and I was wondering something. I was thinking of giving up shampooing for like a month and see if there will be any benefits to my hair. Can I buy 1 box of shikaikai powder and 2 boxes of amla powder and mix them together and just leave them there until i need to use them? Also, what is the powder to water ratio that i should be using on medium size APL hair?

mix the powders together but shake the combined powder mix very well. use about two teaspoons of the mix....but pleaaasseeee dont mix them with water until your ready to use them....ugly mould monsters will grow!!

omg, when you got back to shampoo i bet you...a high five....your scalp will be sore....i betcha betcha betcha! Especially if it contains the usual sls or als. Even when i did that trail (in my sig) i used keracare hydrating poo as usual to shampoo...oohhhh the flakes and scabs, my scalp was so poorly!

APL, you may need 2 teaspoons of your combined mixture - instead of 1-1/2.

condition well afterwards for a few minutes, then deep condition to recieve all the benefits :lick:

God's Anointed

Candy C, your hair progress is amazing. I just have a few more questions I wanted to know.

- Does the powder water ration matter a lot since you're rinsing out the powder anyway?

- How would you incorporate using henna once a month into this method? I wanted to do this but i was wondering if there was some kind of powder i can use to wash the henna out instead of shampoo

Thanks in advance for your help

Empress Yahudah

i think its definately a mixture of both and other things i do.

i always think positive, before i was very doubtful my hair wouldgrow long, so now i am over-confident with my goals and expectations, thats got a lot to do with my success in getting and retaining long hair

the massages r BRIILLIIAANNTT and really wake my scalp up. then whilst my head is still tingling after these massages, pouring the tonic over my scalp (which is warm therefore the pores/follicles are open and the cuticles of my hair are open) further encourages growth. I wear my hair as i please now, just not too tight. also i still dont comb my hair, only once/twice a week on a tuesday night (b4 wednesdays wash) and saturday night (before sundays wash) whilst my hair is coated with oil :grin:
Wonderful!! ur hair truely has progressed in leaps and bounds and grows so fast. Im truely stepping my scalp massaging with herbal oil infusions up this year.:yep: Thank u hun