Ayurvedic Regimens and Don't Dos When Going Ayurvedic

Neroli

I have been so confused about how to use these powders and Neroli's explaination has been the most simplest so far. I tried this last night mixing 2tsps of Amla with 1tsp of Skikaikai added to my conditioner and left it on my hair for 20mins. It took ages to rinse out the powders but for cleansing and moisturising this is a keeper for me. My hair felt really clean and strong, I lost very few hairs.

Can anyone tell me how to use the oils please? I have the Mahabringaran, Brahmi & Amla Oils and any advise would be appreciated.

MeechUK

I'm so glad you tried it and it worked! I love love the STRENGH and shine I get from the powders.

Rinsing can be a chore -- I have two tips:

1. mix the powders into the condish really good -- I use a spoon to crush all the powders into the condish as much as possible and mix really well so that there are no "lumps" -- haven't tried putting in a blender cuz I'm a lazy bones, but I keep thinking that it might work and make the mix extra smooth and creamy and easier to rinse out :yep:

2. keep cheapie moisturizing condish on hand (suave coconut, etc.) and apply as much as needed while rinsing -- it helps get the powders out AND adds a little extra moisture . . .

Tamrin

unapologetic
Do: Always pre-poo the hair with oil. I often use coconut, amla or EVOO.

Do. I mix my powders in my cheapie conditioners. I add rosemary oil or cinamon oil, Coconut oil and a few drops of SAA (silk amino acid).

I use amla powder more often than Shikaika powder

Amerie123

DUMB QUESTIONS HERE (and sorry if these have been answered already), but.....
-do you Deep Condition after you Henna?
-And some say not to touch, or manipulate your hair right after, but when do you "touch your hair?

Platinum

DUMB QUESTIONS HERE (and sorry if these have been answered already), but.....
-do you Deep Condition after you Henna?
-And some say not to touch, or manipulate your hair right after, but when do you "touch your hair?

Amazing you definetely want to DC after you Henna!:yep: Some ladies experience a "straw-like" feel to their hair (I know I did). The Ayurvedic powders act like proteins so you may experience breakage if you comb, brush, etc.

SmilingElephant

So....Brahmi powder.....thats the main powder i wanna try....is it cleansing and moisturizing? I just want to give a boost to my conditioners.

cutiebe2

what is a good way to incorporate Mahabhringraj oil into your regimen? I have a bottle and I know its supposed to help growth. Can I just do a treatment without DC'ing afterwards?

Galadriel

Thanks for responding. Sorry, but one last question. I bought the Supreme Henna brand, and it says that it has Shikikai and Amla. I'm planning on using henna and indigo for the conditioning effect, and black color. I'm not sure how the shikikai and amla mixed in the henna will affect it. Any thoughts?

Don't know if this has been answered, but I've found the Amla (depending on the amount mixed in) makes the henna a bit on the browner side. So if you don't mind, then you might mix in half- and half...or if you want the henna to release totally red, then very little Amla or just skip it. I'm not sure if there's much of a difference if you do indigo with a henna-amla mix.

MissRissa

um i think you can use mahabringrah or bringrhaj just like you would any other oil. well thats how i used it. I used it as a pre poo (usually overnight before i co wash or wash in the am or even the night before I know im going to get my hair done). Or when my hair isn't straight, i like to oil my scalp every couple of days. i've even used it as a part of my hot oil treatment or warmed oil rinse.