Back to back braids just once?

coco8257

I have braids in right now and i plan on keeping them in for 2 months would it be ok to get another set 2 or 3 days after i take them down.I know your suppose to give your hair a least 2 weeks to breathe but i don't like the length of my hair right now. I'm going to take care of my hair deep condition/ wash weekly spray every day and oil. Would it be ok to do it just once?

Nonie

That depends on a few things. If the person doing your braids (hopefully you) knows what s/he is doing and uses less additional hair per braid, and if s/he doesn't pull tight...in other words, if the braider does a good job, then I don't see why not. I wear braids continuously redoing one at a time--so you could sorta call it back-to-back. But I trust the braider (me) and my hair hasn't suffered. I guess if you follow the other advice on http://www.growafrohairlong.com/braidreg.html so you're doing right by your hair, you should be OK.

There are no rules written in stone. Different things work for different people. When in doubt, follow the rules on ^^that site. Later on, after you've gotten comfy with braids, you can bend the rules and do what works for you.