Back to back braids?

MamitaLolita

Is it safe to wear braids back to back? Like if I take mine out Friday, detangle, DC and blowdry, then have a new install on Saturday?

SmileyNY

So many factors determine the answer to this question...

What's your hair type?

Are you permed, natural, or transistioning?

How big are the braids?

How sesitive is your scalp?

Most times it's better to give your hair a rest in between any type of weave/extension styles. However, some people are just fine and even thrive with a couple back-to-back installs here and there.

Last edited:

MamitaLolita

So many factors determine the answer to this question... What's your hair type? Are you permed, natural, or transistioning? How big are the braids? How sesitive is your scalp? Most times it's better to give your hair a rest in between any type weave/extension install. However, some people's hair is just fine and even thrives with back-to-back installs.

I am in the 4a/b range, natural. The ones I have now are actually Senegalese twists, smallish, and I want to get braids the same size. Not very sensitive in the scalp department.

MamitaLolita

Yeah I decided against it. Although I constantly sprayed my hair with moisture, my hair feels super dry even after multiple conditioning sessions. I will have to nurse it back to health before I try it again. Didn't seem to get much length either plus i have hella ssk to trim off :(

naturalmanenyc

I'm doing it and I'm not too worried. I finished taking out my Havana twists this morning and they are going back in right away. I thought about filming the takedown for my a YouTube channel but it was at last a 5 hour ordeal. They only take 3 hours to install. My braider won't have another opening before my next work trip so I don't have too many options.

I'm natural and had a good trim before the last install. My hair is in good condition. I use a braid spray and hair strengthener mix for maintenance.

Last edited: