BACK TO BRAIDS

Faith

I had to do a post cause I'm so excited. Not excited about all the time it will take (I do them myself) but about the end product. It's like going home. I was in braids for over 5 years straight pretty much. Then I relaxed August of 2004 and left braids alone. I was a braids addict..lol. Well, I'm transitioning and need some time away from my hair so I'm going back. :grin: I'll start tonight and finish tomorrow sometime. I'll keep them 6 weeks at a time unlike previous years where I went 12 weeks or so. And this will allow me to wash 1x/week instead of every 2-3 weeks thereby preserving my hair.

So excited...anybody want to join me...an unofficial braid "challenge"

Oh sweet and I can do the MN challenge with ease now since my scalp will be easy to get to :grin:

Nanyanika

Congrats, i'm not transitioning however i'll join you, i will be getting braids next month and leave them in for 3 months, to make it easier in dealing with my hair.

Faith

Hey Den :wave:

Welcome...what is your regimen going to be? I keep it as simple as possible while in braids. Moisture and clean scalp and that's it.

Are you keeping them for 3 months and washing every week? I was going to PM you about your stocking cap washing method. How you are applying the shampoo. Diluted and you just pour it on? Does it reach your scalp?
And the conditioner...diluted or just pour it on the cap? Thanks :)

Nanyanika

Faith said:
Hey Den :wave:

Welcome...what is your regimen going to be? I keep it as simple as possible while in braids. Moisture and clean scalp and that's it.

Are you keeping them for 3 months and washing every week? I was going to PM you about your stocking cap washing method. How you are applying the shampoo. Diluted and you just pour it on? Does it reach your scalp?
And the conditioner...diluted or just pour it on the cap? Thanks :)
Hey Faith

My regimen is very simple, I wash my hair once a week usually with CON, then I saturate my hair using robins techinques with my homemade spray. I cover my hair with a stocking cap and allow the water to saturate my hair/scalp.

I add two capfuls to a 4oz empty wildgrowth oil bottle and add some purified water, give it a good shake and apply the spout to my scalp area and squeeze. I massage the scalp and then unscrew the cap and pour the rest of the shampoo/diluted mix on the hair and give it a good massage then rinse thourougly with warm water, i repeat the same procedure until my hair is clean enough.

On the second week, because my hair is relaxed straight i use the Affirm reconstructor undiluted over the stocking cap, till it saturates the hair, then i remove it and use a plastic cap to finsh conditioning, before rinsing out i pop the stocking cap back on then rinse so i don't mess up my hair.

HTHs den1

Keen

Faith, I've been wearing braids since November. This is my last month with Braids though. I wil relax later this month. I will keep using Braids to stretch my relaxers until I reach my goal.

KathyMay

YOU are not the only one. I had Senegalese twists for two months and I have my hair in this pony hair which is softer than human hair. I like it but the color is too much for me. It looked light brown but looks different now.