Baggie Method Challenge 2021

Royalq

I was concerned about that. What product(s) were using when you were doing this daily?
A spray bottle mix of hello hydration/glycerin/water. That mix is very moisturizing and eventually caused gumminess. I was also using this mix when i had box braids for 2 months. I didnt have not one single split end and my ends were thick and intact but my hair was super gummy and i had to do a aphogee 2 step treatment. I was spraying it daily

apple_natural

A spray bottle mix of hello hydration/glycerin/water. That mix is very moisturizing and eventually caused gumminess. I was also using this mix when i had box braids for 2 months. I didnt have not one single split end and my ends were thick and intact but my hair was super gummy and i had to do a aphogee 2 step treatment. I was spraying it daily
That sounds like a really effective mix. Thanks for sharing!

alex114

Just finished a 30 min baggy on my daughter’s hair, now I’m doing a two hour baggy on mine, which started at 7:48pm. On her, I used Mane Choice Fruit Medley Hydration Spray and Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian Anti-Breakage and Repair Antidote Leave-In Conditioner.

For me, since I’m in 3 week long bantu knots, I just used the Hydration Spray to dampen my hair a bit before the baggying begins.

alex114

I had my sister wash, detangle and cornrow my hair on Thursday. Last night, I sprayed my hair with water and then s curl, and baggied overnight. I’ll probably take it off around 9am today.

alex114

Baggied for about 8 hours under a wig (work) with S-Curl spray and water in my scalp, roots and hair, and Mane Choice prickly pear conditioner, a honey mix, and Shea butter on my hair and ends. My hair feels nice and soft right now!

HealthyHair2020

When do you guys baggie? Is it right after wash day and styling are done or a few days after that when your hair is less moisturized?

Also, for those who live in twists and braids, do you baggie your whole head or just your ends?

I'll be living in low manipulation styles for the rest of the year and have been cutting off a lot of my ends recently so I need help so I can keep them longer lol.

apple_natural

I have such uneven hair that I have to baggy my whole head. I will do this tonight. I have been forgetting to do this other than on wash days.