baid dilemma - Help

confused_one

braid dilemma - Help

I've been cornrowing my hair since May 2004 with out any problems, My last cornrows l took out on December 23, I did a hot oil treatment on Dec 24 and rebraided in cornrows Dec 25, this time i heard some popping at my edges when she was braiding my hair. I don't know if it was because i did the hot oil treatment or because she raked a blow dryer through my hair (I have about 4-5 inch of natural hair with permed ends). I gave my hair a weeks rest and im going to deep condition tonight, but i need to rebraid, i was going to kinky twist but after reading some of the stories on the board i change my mine. My question is Should i try cornrowing my hair again or should i get box braids?

Last edited:
maybe you should lay off the braids for awhile. all that braiding is putting strain on your edges. try a weave or something different!

Re: braid dilemma - Help

thanks for the suggestion, im not sure how a weeve will look, my hair is soooooo thick in the middle, i struggled to put it back in a pony tail for this week and still it looked puffed. Oh i forgot to mentioned, the braids i had was the braid and feed, so it was my own hair being braided at the front then the pieces were put in.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Honii. Take longer breaks between putting in cornrows or braids. Braids can grow your hair but they can also wreck your hair. My sister at one point would get cornrow style braids one after the other and refused to listen to us when we told her to go for a couple of weeks without. Her hairline started to receed in the front and the hair was thinner. This was what made her finally stop doing that.

Thank you all, i'll try to give my hair longer breaks from now on. And thanks Alli i'll visit the site your recommended.

Back