Baking Soda for Clarifying

princessdi

For those of you who use baking soda for clarifying, how often do you use it? Is it safe to use weekly? I used it mixed with conditioner last night and it saved my hair big time. My hair is so nice and soft, but I don't want to overdo it. Thanks.

brownsugarflyygirl

I do it about once a month or after I wear my hair straight. I mix mine with Suave Humectant and let it sit on my hair. If I am really trying to get my naps back, I will mix it with my shampoo. I love it...works well. I think how often you do it depends on your hair but I wouldn't do it everyweek and definitely ALWAYS follow it with a moisturizing conditioner preferably a DC.

JustKiya

I use it only when needed - and my hair doesn't get enough gunk on it to need clarifying on a weekly basis - heck, I barely use it on a monthly basis.
I second following it with a moisturizing conditioner/DC.

rosalindb

I only use natural products so do not suffer alot of build up & normally clarify once a month or less. Last week I clarified for the first time in 3 months.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Are you guys using this on wet or dry hair? I want to try this mixed with cond. and place on dry hair then co-wash.

TIA