Baking Soda

CurleeDST

Ok ladies, how do you use Baking Soda to clarify the hair? Do you mix it with shampoo or conditioner? If so what are the proportions? Do you simply mix it with water and apply to hair?

I need something to clarify my daughter's hair and don't want to use harsh shampoos on her delicate scalp.

Thanks

danysedai

yes, I just mix it with my shampoo and stir well. I wanted to buy a cheap clarifying shampoo this weekend and didn't find any so I used baking soda.

Isis

I like my baking soda method better than my clarifying shampoo (Nexxus Aloe Rid) although Aloe Rid does smell good. I mix about 1/2 teaspoon in a glob of shampoo. The shampoo will become very runny after mixing it. Then I apply it to my scalp and hair.

jenteel

i agree w/ isis
i mix it about a 1/2 tsp with shampoo
i also add a little water 2 my shampoos
it is very imp. not 2 use too much baking soda or the hair will become very dry

keluric

I only use shampoo after henna treatments so I usually mix baking soda with my conditioner, about a teaspoon. I also like ACV rinses to clarify but of course, don't mix baking soda and ACV or you'll have a 4th grade science experiment on your head.

DSP

keluric said:
I only use shampoo after henna treatments so I usually mix baking soda with my conditioner, about a teaspoon. I also like ACV rinses to clarify but of course, don't mix baking soda and ACV or you'll have a 4th grade science experiment on your head.
That? That would be awesome.:lachen::lachen::lachen:

JustKiya

I cowash only, so I mix the BS with my conditioner....about a teaspoon of BS, usually to about 1/2 cup or so of conditioner....

angellazette

I added baking soda to my CW a little while ago and it wasn't drying and did a really good job. I was surprised. For those that use BS, how often do you add it to your poos/conditioners?

Cleve_gryl

I added 1 teaspoon baking soda to my poo last weekend, and it was great!! I just put a squirt of poo, the soda and filled up an old water bottle with water shook it up and washed twice with this mix. I was squeeky clean! I did follow with a moisturizing poo afterwards.

jewel

I love my baking soda treatment. I first wet my hair then run a little ACV mixed with water to wash away extra product from the week. Then I will add a little baking soda to my shampoo and scrub my scalp. Then I put my conditioner mixed with honey on for 5 minutes and comb hair. Finally, I rinse out conditioner. The result is soft and defined curls.

RainbowCurls

I put 1-3 tsp bicarbonate of soda to a jug of warm water and pour it over wet hair. Shampoo, conditiion then ACV rinse.