Banding Natural Hair Tutorial (and pics)

Leeda.the.Paladin

I finally did a banding tutorial. Here are the results of my latest session (larger pictures are on the video):

th_DSCN1308.jpg

DSCN1307.jpg

DSCN1309.jpg

DSCN1312.jpg

It turned out nice. I did this in preparation for mini twists, but I am wearing it like this for a bit before I put them in.

Here's my vids. There are 2 parts. The first one is an explanation of banding and the materials you need. The second is the step by step process.
YouTube - Banded Hair Tutorial Part 1
YouTube - Banded Hair Tutorial Part 2

This was my first video where I actually spoke so I was pretty nervous. Therefore, excuse all of the "um" and "uh" :lachen:

Last edited:
Nice videos ... Very detailed. I might try this! Got to buy some bands though. What editing software you use?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Wow, what beautiful hair! I have a lot of techniques I can employ to make my hair hang longer when it gets some more length (APL). Currently, the front is kind of afro-ish (puffs out, but hangs a bit), but the back does have some "hang time." lol I will be looking at you for inspiration! Thanks!

ETA: P.S. I love your accent, I'm from the South too (SC)...your accent is adorable.

Last edited:
Nice videos ... Very detailed. I might try this! Got to buy some bands though. What editing software you use?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Thanks! I use iMovie.

Wow, what beautiful hair! I have a lot of techniques I can employ to make my hair hang longer when it gets some more length (APL). Currently, the front is kind of afro-ish (puffs out, but hangs a bit), but the back does have some "hang time." lol I will be looking at you for inspiration! Thanks!

ETA: P.S. I love your accent, I'm from the South too (SC)...your accent is adorable.

I called myself trying to tone my accent down LOL! But thanks!

Look how long your hair has gotten! It's absolutely gorgeous! Great job on your banding tutorial! And your twists are the bizness!!! :yep:

Back