Basic Hair Growing Tips

lovinglength

Hello my fellow hair growers! :hiya:

2009 is a new year and this year I plan to follow through and fulfill my resolutions! I googled "foods for hair growth" and wanted to share some basic hair growing tips that I picked up. I hope these basic tips remind us to provide our hair and bodies with the best possible start for health and longevity. Happy New Year and Happy Hair Growing to you all!

PS: Please add any basic tips you believe are vital for hair growth.

www.quickcare.org

What are the top foods that promote hair growth?
When choosing food for hair growth, remember that hair is made of protein; therefore protein-rich foods should make up a high percentage of your diet. The second most important hair nutrient is iron. Each key nutrient below lists the foods that promote hair growth:

• Protein: liver, brewer's yeast, fish, eggs, beans, cottage cheese, yogurt, tofu.
  • Iron: liver, whole grain cereals, dark green leafy vegetables, eggs, dates, raisins.
  • B Vitamins: eggs, meat, poultry.
  • Essential Fatty Acids: walnuts, canola oil, fish, soy.
  • Vitamin E: avocados, nuts, seeds, olive oil.
  • Sulfur: meats, fish, nuts, legumes, vegetables (especially onions).
As you plan ways to incorporate food for hair growth, also be aware that there are some culprits in our diets that are actually detrimental to our hair!
  • Caffeine
  • Sugar
  • Fat
  • Carbonated drinks
www.hairboutique.com

Hair Growing Tips
Here are some other hair growing tips:
1. Eliminate or cut back on smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas which weaken the body and block maximum hair growing potential.
2. Eat a healthy diet. Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat.
3. Treat your hair like a piece of fine old lace. Treat it carefully avoiding any unnecessary brushing, combing or handling.
4. Avoid use of hot water, hot blow dryers or other hair care tools that may stress the hair.
5. Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
6. Do a series of ongoing hot oil treatments to protect the hair's shaft.
7. Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
8.Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.

I wanted to add finding time to exercise and staying active which is good for our bodies, spirit and hair growth!

Peace Ya'll :drunk:

Last edited: