BASK products

AgeinATL

I LOVE her Vanilla Whiskey Repairative Hair Soak. It is my HG light protein DC. It leaves my hair super soft and helps combat moisture overload and breakage. Great slip. Not crazy about the smell, but it performs well enough for me to overlook that and I think I have gotten used to it.

I also really like her Cacao Bark. It is a little hard to rinse clean, but it leaves the hair super soft. Definitely works best when used with heat. Provides decent slip.

I tried her Yam Nectar but didn't care for it because it was a bit too messy BUT it did leave my hair soft. Not a ton of slip, but it was definitely soft.

I will be getting her hair milk and the palm tapioca during her next sale.

Has anyone tried that limited edition hair syrup she sold during this past BF? Thoughts if you have? I SO wanted some but it was sold out.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
From what I've read & heard: It's best to apply YAM to Wet Hair and work into a Lathery-Creamy consistency.

The best way to apply is with plenty of water or on water soaked/drenched hair.

Emulsifying it into a Creamy Conditioner consistency.

Still haven't tried mine, but will pull it out soon.

Hibiscus30

IDareT'sHair

Yes! I used it sorta incorrectly with my first use with towel damp hair...not good. So the next time I mixed it with PBN chocolate smoothie and got better results.

Ok this past weekend I used it the correct way as the directions are clearly on the container with soaking wet hair!...emulsifying into a nice cream and my hair felt soft and hydrated after rinsed. What was unusual for me, I felt like I didn't need a leave in, etc...although I did.

caliscurls

First impressions of the Tonga Mousse...

How it Feels... Smooth like hair mousse but a bit thicker than most :) It's kinda tacky in your fingers as you apply it. The initial thought is that your hair will feel tacky as well but it doesn't.

How much do you need...Not a lot. As per the directions as little goes a long way and I have quite a bit of hair.

How it works...Really well. I've been using it as my primary moisturizer this past week. The questions I had were: 1. Is it actually a good moisturizer? and 2. If so, how long could I go without adding more?
  • In answer to question 1. Yes, it moisturized my hair well. I've used it with and without sealing. Although some products like QB CTDG can be used without sealing this is not one of them, at least not during 30-40 degree winter weather. It's better lightly sealed in and when done your hair feels and stays nice and soft to the touch, not greasy or weighed down.
  • In answer to question 2. Only one day, and that's okay, it's just good to know. Again, my caveat is the cold weather. It may provide longer lasting moisture during warmer months.
So far so good! If my impression changes after prolonged use I'll provide an update. For now I like it well enough to add to my moisture rotation with Bobeam conditioner....meaning it's a hit! :clap:

Edit: For inquiring minds I've been sealing it with Bekura Sevenfold

12/30/15 update: it's been 20 degrees warmer here since the very day I made this post and I haven't moisturized my hair since then because it was unnecessary. This leads me to believe that the cold weather did impact this cremes initial performance. As of now my hair still feels great but I will likely moisturize it later today for good measure.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Loved the Y.A.M.! It balanced out the very strong effect the SM 10-in-1 Masque had on my hair.

I'm finding that the Palm Tapioca might be living up to it's reputation! Moisturized, defined curls with a very light, yet feel-able hold. :yep:

The scent, though! Anyone else finding the scent of the Palm Tapioca to be strong? :/

Aggie

@DeerDance

I use and love the Tonga Mousse, Apple Sorghum hair Syrup, Honey Latte Leave-in, and the Vanilla Whiskey Restorative Mask for my hair. I also love the Body Sorbet/Custard especially the lemon beignet fragrance and the seasonal body lotions. These are the items I keep stocked.