Battle of the Hair Boards?!

lovelymissyoli

...so it's really late and I'm procrastinating doing work... :look:

But I was thinking to myself...imagine if there was a Real World vs. Road Rules type of challenge amongst the hair boards. What type of competitions would there be? Who would be the most knowledgeable?

Some challenges might include:

Styling Ability Challenge: In order to not be eliminated you must perform each of the following styles: a) cornrows, b) flat twists, c) a strawset, d) properly install a weave, e) rollerset, and f) bantu knots

...which team can do the best flat iron?

...You have 60 seconds to list every harmful ingredient found in haircare products in alphabetical order.

Naturals vs. Relaxed heads: Who can make the best 'juices & berries' spritz that provides soft and supple hair...

...Your mission should you choose to accept it: As a team, enter into "Galaxy Beauty Supply". This store carries every hair product and/or accessory/appliance known to man. This store also carries every Dominican product and independent products such as Oyin, Qhemet Biologics, Kinky Curly Custard, BBD Glass, etc. Each team member is given a VISA card with $500 on it. The team who can walk into the beauty supply store and back out without purchasing anything wins!

Which member can preserve their rollerset after an intense workout, being subjected to torrential rains, and spending at least 10 minutes in a sauna...

...anyone else got any more challenges?

Last edited:

Nita81

This is too cute! Hey ummm er how long does one have to be in Galaxy Beauty w/o purchasing anything? :look:

Last edited:

Iluvsmuhgrass

lol The first one that gets a vendor to give a major discount gets extra points.

To test willpower we can see who can go the longest without jumping on the next best bandwagon.

hahaha I love this thread. Hours later I'm still laughing. Bless you girl. I had a rough night and laughter is just what I need.

Transformer

The "real" test is the stylist that can maintain the curlformers ringlets to the next day! Also, who can "rollerset" with curlformers the fastest on a client with APL hair and NATURAL. Deductions will occur for each strand of hair pulled out in the process.

You know growing up these were called "shirley temple curls" and they were the Easter hair style that every little girl just had to have. I would get my hair pressed on Saturday with a "tub of grease', Marcel curling irons would do the ringlets and they would stay at least until the next day.

Besides, not using the "tub of grease" what am I doing wrong"

LynnieB

The "real" test is the stylist that can maintain the curlformers ringlets to the next day! Also, who can "rollerset" with curlformers the fastest on a client with APL hair and NATURAL. Deductions will occur for each strand of hair pulled out in the process.

You know growing up these were called "shirley temple curls" and they were the Easter hair style that every little girl just had to have. I would get my hair pressed on Saturday with a "tub of grease', Marcel curling irons would do the ringlets and they would stay at least until the next day.

Besides, not using the "tub of grease" what am I doing wrong"

fond memories right up there!!

my mom would poo me and my sister's hair and plait up to air dry then she'd grease with ultra sheen (the stuff in the yellow jar for pressing) then press our hair in sections. she'd then have a candle ready and immediately take that hair section (while it's still warm) and wrap it around the candle and hold it til cool.

believe it or not she made the most perfect ringlet curls like this. the wax from the candle held the curl and gave a small coating of wax to protect from moisture.

cheeks87

lol The first one that gets a vendor to give a major discount gets extra points.

To test willpower we can see who can go the longest without jumping on the next best bandwagon.

hahaha I love this thread. Hours later I'm still laughing. Bless you girl. I had a rough night and laughter is just what I need.

The 20 members of one team with the longest, thickest, and healthiest looking hair will be put into a locked room. One member of the opposing team with then be added to the room. The 20 members of the first team will then start talking non-stop about this "amazing new product" they have all tried and how it has transformed their hair, making sure to swish around their pretty hair as much as possible. Before entering the room, the opposing team member will be given exactly enough money to buy the product from the opposing team. HOW LONG WILL SHE BE ABLE TO LAST?

Extra points off if she ends up forgoing the smaller bottle and goes straight for the 3 liter one.:rolleyes:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
...so it's really late and I'm procrastinating doing work... :look:

But I was thinking to myself...imagine if there was a Real World vs. Road Rules type of challenge amongst the hair boards. What type of competitions would there be? Who would be the most knowledgeable?

Some challenges might include:

Styling Ability Challenge: In order to not be eliminated you must perform each of the following styles: a) cornrows, b) flat twists, c) a strawset, d) properly install a weave, e) rollerset, and f) bantu knots

I suck at all of these except bantu knots, my team would hate me! :lol: :look:

...Your mission should you choose to accept it: As a team, enter into "Galaxy Beauty Supply". This store carries every hair product and/or accessory/appliance known to man. This store also carries every Dominican product and independent products such as Oyin, Qhemet Biologics, Kinky Curly Custard, BBD Glass, etc. Each team member is given a VISA card with $500 on it. The team who can walk into the beauty supply store and back out without purchasing anything wins!

Woooooow, I wouldn't last 2 minutes..... My team would REALLY hate me!!!!!! :rofl:

lovelymissyoli

This is too cute! Hey ummm er how long does one have to be in Galaxy Beauty w/o purchasing anything? :look:

...You have to walk down every aisle and resist the temptation of the products calling your name lol. :spinning:

I like this one....extra points if you can do it without a satin or silk scarf and pillowcase! I picture a lot of ladies would be walking around with stiff necks to preserve that hair!! :grin:

The 20 members of one team with the longest, thickest, and healthiest looking hair will be put into a locked room. One member of the opposing team with then be added to the room. The 20 members of the first team will then start talking non-stop about this "amazing new product" they have all tried and how it has transformed their hair, making sure to swish around their pretty hair as much as possible. Before entering the room, the opposing team member will be given exactly enough money to buy the product from the opposing team. HOW LONG WILL SHE BE ABLE TO LAST?

Extra points off if she ends up forgoing the smaller bottle and goes straight for the 3 liter one.:rolleyes:

I don't think I'd last! :nono:

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody

I would SO fail:look:

Now you got me looking for one in my area:yep:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Please don't put me on a team, there is no way I could walk out of Galaxy empty handed. That's like waving a $5.00 rock in front of a crackhead.

myco

Bad Hair care scavenger hunt:

Each team must return with a digital picture of the following:

One ratty blonde weave that has been in so long that at least 3 inches of said victims natural black hair is showing.

One overprocessed relaxer slicked back into a ponytail

One bottle of Pink oil moisturizer being used to moisturize anything (bonus points will be awarded if said bottle of Pink oil is set on fire as you leave)

One rattail comb being used to detangle hair that has been shampooed only

One salon client using the "burning scalp" method to determine relaxer processing time.

One set of cornrows that are pulled so tight that the victim looks permanently surprised

One child with with midback extension braids.

One lacefront wig that starts less than a 1/4 inch from the perpetrators eyebrows.

Last edited:

JustKiya

Bad Hair care scavenger hunt:

Each team must return with a digital picture of the following:

One ratty blonde weave that has been in so long that at least 3 inches of said victims natural black hair is showing.

One overprocessed relaxer slicked back into a ponytail

One bottle of Pink oil moisturizer being used to moisturize anything (bonus points will be awarded if said bottle of Pink oil is set on fire as you leave)

One rattail comb being used to detangle hair that has been shampooed only

One salon client using the "burning scalp" method to determine relaxer processing time.

One set of cornrows that are pulled so tight that the victim looks permanently surprised

One child with with midback extension braids.

One lacefront wig that starts less than a 1/4 inch from the perpetrators eyebrows.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Girl, that sounds JUST like West End.

:lol:

The Girl

ok you know I am going to google Galaxy Beauty Supply right? Is that a real store?:look: Don't play I will plan summer vacation around that....:blush:

Averoigne

This is a great thread. Thanks for making me smile!

I think another fun challenge would be a contest that would challenge the participants to create the best hairstyle with the least amount of resources.

For example:

One bottle of Creme of Nature Shampoo
Two Curlformers
One banana clip
One tablespoon of coconut oil
One hairdryer on "cool" setting only
One peacock feather...:lachen:

lovelymissyoli

This is a great thread. Thanks for making me smile!

I think another fun challenge would be a contest that would challenge the participants to create the best hairstyle with the least amount of resources.

For example:

One bottle of Creme of Nature Shampoo
Two Curlformers
One banana clip
One tablespoon of coconut oil
One hairdryer on "cool" setting only
One peacock feather...:lachen:

:grin: ... that's a good one!! I can imagine some styles with that peacock feather already!!