Be careful with the protein!!!! This woman lost her waist/tailbone length hair to protein overload.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I’ve read that our hair in its natural state does not need much in the way of protein. It is the chemical processes which increase that need. If that’s true then it would be pretty easy to get overload on unprocessed hair especially since every product in the world has some kind of protein in it.

BonBon

When bad things happen to my hair I usually give up quickly and cut because its overwhelming.

I just saw someone detangle a 4a/b womans hair who hadn't washed or combed it for a year or two due to personal issues. Was very matted and full of fluff/dirt, but with 2 days of work, she saved her hair and it looked great.

If I ever have a freak hair mishap or neglect it ever again I will try to get a patient person who is experienced with this type of thing (taking down loc's and the like). I think the money is worth it to keep more of your hair.

Nunavelli

10 mins in and she still hasn't started talking about this fenugreek water:giveup:
Girllll :giggle: but I'm not gone hold you— I enjoyed her testimony at the beginning. I'm glad that this setback was truly a set-up for her.

@caribeandiva you were right! she states the same thing about using hot water and it germinating faster! so keep using that hot water, sis!

I may have to ditch my supplements and get on the seed gang. Nonetheless, she's found a company to partner w/ and sell Fenugreek seed traveling packets for your water on the go. :shopping:They come in two flavors: Lemon and Lemon Ginger.

Here is the ETSY shop link.

GGsKin

Girllll :giggle: but I'm not gone hold you— I enjoyed her testimony at the beginning. I'm glad that this setback was truly a set-up for her.

@caribeandiva you were right! she states the same thing about using hot water and it germinating faster! so keep using that hot water, sis!

I may have to ditch my supplements and get on the seed gang. Nonetheless, she's found a company to partner w/ and sell Fenugreek seed traveling packets for your water on the go. :shopping:They come in two flavors: Lemon and Lemon Ginger.

:lol:I tried. Bless you @Nunavelli for having the patience.

caribeandiva

Human being

I will! It’s cheaper too cuz I boil it plain tap water on the stove and don’t have to use bottled water. If you can get the seeds and ditch the powders. Much more potent that way.

Nunavelli

I will! It’s cheaper too cuz I boil it plain tap water on the stove and don’t have to use bottled water. If you can get the seeds and ditch the powders. Much more potent that way.
@caribeandiva I am ordering some as we speak! :giggle: Now, I'm not trying be extremely cheap but do you re-use your seeds? Meaning make a cup of tea and then re-use for another cup within same day?

@frizzy I LOVE Etsy when I can verify the seller and that it was made by the seller. But whatchu thinkin, sis? hehe Is it ETSY or her "product" that you aren't feelin too good about?

frizzy

@caribeandiva I am ordering some as we speak! :giggle: Now, I'm not trying be extremely cheap but do you re-use your seeds? Meaning make a cup of tea and then re-use for another cup within same day?

@frizzy I LOVE Etsy when I can verify the seller and that it was made by the seller. But whatchu thinkin, sis? hehe Is it ETSY or her "product" that you aren't feelin too good about?
:lol: @ the meme

I guess I feel like it was kinda a setup talking about fenugreek then pushing a product.

It could be her making lemonade out of lemons because there is no way she faked that protein overload, and one thing led to another.

I'll try the DIY drink for now.

Nunavelli

:lol: @ the meme

I guess I feel like it was kinda a setup talking about fenugreek then pushing a product.

It could be her making lemonade out of lemons because there is no way she faked that protein overload, and one thing led to another.

I'll try the DIY drink for now.
@frizzy I can see that. I thought you were going to say that we aren't sure what's exactly in the powder. I don't think she has any malice intentions but sometimes that happens when working with 3rd party companies.

I wish her well too!

caribeandiva

Human being

Yes I do reuse the beans twice before discarding. So I get a total of 3 uses out of them.

RUBY

Does this fenugreek cause hair growth all over the body? I'm only interested in hair growth on my head.

Nunavelli

I wonder if I would get similar results taking the liquid extract?
@VinDieselsWifey I checked on this too! It is the same, as the extract is extracted from the seed. The only maybe difference is what else is in the liquid extract. You also may have to take it multiple times vs the one cup of tea to get the "same amount" of Fenugreek, if that makes sense. Disclaimer: I am only certified on Web.md.

VinDieselsWifey

@VinDieselsWifey I checked on this too! It is the same, as the extract is extracted from the seed. The only maybe difference is what else is in the liquid extract. You also may have to take it multiple times vs the one cup of tea to get the "same amount" of Fenugreek, if that makes sense. Disclaimer: I am only certified on Web.md.

I ordered 4 bottles of Nature’s Answer 2,000 mg fenugreek extract and a 1 lb bag of seeds this morning :look:

caribeandiva

Human being
My recipe is pretty simple. I take this Rubbermaid bowl here. I think it’s the medium sized one:
4A960D4A-91FF-4AC1-B5EA-1BE7868D9F35.jpeg
I add enough seeds to cover the bottom. I really should start measuring. I heat up tap water on the stove then when it gets close to boiling I pour the water in the bowl. Once it cools some, I put it in the fridge overnight and keep it stored there. I repeat the same process twice before I discard the seeds. That’s it.