Beautiful Hair....

tthreat08

Hey Ladies!

This past weekend, I noticed I had some minor breakage at my nape. My buns are the culprit as I normally wear them low, braided and pinned with no ponytail holders. I've been doing this for years with no issues, but everything has it's limits. I've made the adjustments, and the problem will correct itself....no biggy. However, I thought to myself....."Self, my hair is already beautiful. It's already good enough".

I have a goal of reaching waistlength (which I will have until I reach it....I've got 4 more inches to go)....but, I realized that throughout my hair journey, I've had the wrong attitude. "When it gets this long, I'll be so pleased....when it gets THIS long, I'll be SOOOO excited...." and so on. Well, I'm happy and excited already now. My hair is already great! When I do reach waistlength, it'll simply be healthy, beautiful, and a bit longer.

Let's talk about what we LOVE about our hair RIGHT NOW!

I'll start:

1. It's shiny
2. It's a beautiful natural texture
3. So versatile, I can go from straight to curly and back again!
4. Shrinkage! It can look shorter one day and be brastrap the next!
5. Most of all, It's healthy and even. I keep my ends nice, and I LOVE that about my hair!

Nonie

Everything! :lol: I honestly can't think of what I don't like about it. Last year, I wasn't too crazy about it being TWA. Now that it's back to shoulder length and healthy, I love everything about it!

Fine 4s

I like:

the texture
the length
the thickness
the versatility
and I like the way it loves me :look:

Eisani

The color :drunk:
Texture
Length
Density
Versatility
The ability to still shock people
Softness
Health
Sheen

I wore a 4 braid braid-out today parted down the near middle (natural part) and my boss lady said I looked like an Indian princess. Aww, ain't she cute?

Sly

Good thread! ( 'cause Lord knows I need positive hair thoughts right about now)
:cupidarrow:

1) it is thick
2) it is healthy at current length
3) it is strong and resilient (even after a major set back)
4) it is all mine

we have come a long way together! :weird:

I am grateful :yep:

Finally Free

Op your hair is beautiful!

I'ts very strong
It's healthy
It's thick
It's curly
It's short
It's sexy
It's soft
It's easy to manage
It's beautiful
It's all mine

tthreat08

You all have some BEAUTIFUL hair! The best part about it is that it's beautiful TODAY! You don't even have to "wait until" it's beautiful. I've moved away from my signature low bun and have come up with some very nice variations. I just work with my natural texture (when it's in its curly state). I've been doing full high buns (like my avatar), messy buns with some twisted sections here and there, side french roll (soooo cute), braid-out pony...most of all I have been ENJOYING my hair. I think the more I enjoy it and love it just as it is....the faster it grows.

ENJOY Ladies!

Last edited:

Mrs.Pretty08

Great thread...
Qualities that I love about my hair:
Thickness
Color
Texture
Bouncy
Flowy,
and I got to meet some beautiful black women on LHCF trying to learn more about it, and I mention it is all mine.