Beautiful natural hair! How did I miss this fotki?!

It says on one of her photos that she shaved her head bald 2.5 years ago? That's alot of growth! Her daughter's hair is just as beautiful. Don't think I'll ever touch a relaxer again!

CurleeDST

yup she went literally from bald to that in 2.5 years. i love her hair.

It says on one of her photos that she shaved her head bald 2.5 years ago? That's alot of growth! Her daughter's hair is just as beautiful. Don't think I'll ever touch a relaxer again!

Blackoutzangel05

I had her saved as a friend. Her hair is gorgeous and truly inspired me when I first BC'ed....she responded to me on fotki when I hit her up, she seems very nice

dillard

yeah, i saw her hair a few days ago, it is so thick and beautiful. and yes her daughters hair is like :shocked::love: too!!

CurleeDST

Here it is:

Hello friend, and thank you for the kind words. My regimen is very simple, I shampoo my hair once a month, I co wash once a week, I rinse every other day or as needed. I use a mix of s-curl and crisco vegetable shortening then I cornrow my hair into 4 to 6 rows while doing protective styles. PROTECTIVE STYLES is what grew my hair out. I kept my hair in protective styles at least 95% of the time. While its in cornrows I wear instant weaves in all shades, textures, and lengths so that I dont get bored .I hope this helps

Hello again friend, my avatar pic was 2 months before my 2.5 years and yes that was grown from being completely bald, I mean shiney head bald. So actually that pic was at 2yrs and 3 months. I shaved it off out of frustration. All my hair was just falling out in clumps due to a bad perm so I shaved it. Best thing Ive ever done for my hair. I must admit I had the average amount of hair growth but because of constant protective styling I didnt have to trim much at all. Actually ive only trimed once and that was about 2 months ago and that was just a light dusting. When I pull it the back its almost brastrap so im hoping to get there in the next couple of months so wish me luck. Hope this helps.

Enjoy - she used patience and protective styles to get here.

Here it is:

Hello friend, and thank you for the kind words. My regimen is very simple, I shampoo my hair once a month, I co wash once a week, I rinse every other day or as needed. I use a mix of s-curl and crisco vegetable shortening then I cornrow my hair into 4 to 6 rows while doing protective styles. PROTECTIVE STYLES is what grew my hair out. I kept my hair in protective styles at least 95% of the time. While its in cornrows I wear instant weaves in all shades, textures, and lengths so that I dont get bored .I hope this helps

Hello again friend, my avatar pic was 2 months before my 2.5 years and yes that was grown from being completely bald, I mean shiney head bald. So actually that pic was at 2yrs and 3 months. I shaved it off out of frustration. All my hair was just falling out in clumps due to a bad perm so I shaved it. Best thing Ive ever done for my hair. I must admit I had the average amount of hair growth but because of constant protective styling I didnt have to trim much at all. Actually ive only trimed once and that was about 2 months ago and that was just a light dusting. When I pull it the back its almost brastrap so im hoping to get there in the next couple of months so wish me luck. Hope this helps.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've definitely taken notes on the red parts. I would have never considered Crisco, but why not? And I'm looking to do the protective thing as well.

Once again, thanks for posting this!

baby42

Here it is:

i have a family member who use crisco and she said it works it was a lot of good things in it.:yep:

CurleeDST

i can't get with crisco shortening that stuff is pure trans fat. LOL but hey if it works for you then get your shine on.