Been Around the World and I-I-I . . .

Glib Gurl

(Don't ask me why I named this thread after the Lisa Stansfield song. I guess it just typifies my mood about what I'm about to type.) Over the last several months I've tried lots of new products . . . some have been great (silicon mix!) others have been not-so-great (Carol's Daughter - smelled great, but left my hair feeling sticky; Ojon - not really for Type 4 hair; ORS replenishing pak - made me itch!). After months of experimentation, I think I've finally come up with a list of "staple" products. Even though I'm glad to have discovered them, I'm a little sad that it's not a more "exotic" mix of products. I thought for sure that I'd end up with a list of exclusive products that only the REAL hair divas knew about . . . but, in truth, it's really all stuff you can get at the drugstore. I guess I should be grateful that I don't have to spend and arm and a leg to keep my hair looking nice, but I dunno . . . the PJ in me is a little down. Anyways, here is my list of staple products

SHAMPOO - Nexxus Aloe Rid (to clarify) and Therappe (for weekly cleaning); Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo (also for weekly cleaning)

DEEP CONDITIONER - Queen Helene Cholesterol, Silicon Mix (need to replenish my supply - I ran out of what was sent to my by my big sis, NvyBeauty :))

REG. CONDITIONER - Nexxus Humectress, Motions After-Shampoo Moisture Plus Conditioner

LEAVE-IN - Matrix Biolage Daily Leave-in Tonic (this stuff is THE BOMB! I definitely consider this the best "find" of my PJ search)

WATER-BASED MOISTURE - ORS Olive Oil or BB Growth Lotion

SEALING OIL - Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil or BB Growth Oil

(I think I am going to blog this as well . . . .)

What about you? What products comprise your regimen? How long did it take you to come up with this regimen? Any surprises along the way?

:lachen:@the title...I love that song though

I am slowly returning to products that I used years ago with good results. I had many a good hair day with got2beso smooth conditioner followed mizani moisturefuse before they changed the formula. So far my staples are

ORS shampoo
Creme of Nature
ORS replenishing conditioner
Pantene mask
Aubrey organics conditioners- any moisture one will do
Sunsilk leave in creams
ors scalp oil
ors olive oil cream

I still have some fine tweaking to do with some things. I have found that some of my favorite things are easy to find and not expensive at all.

It's great finding staples, especially easy to find, inexpensive ones. Then you can always splurge every now and then too... Here's what I'm working with:

CON Detangling poo (green bottle)
Pantene Breakage Defense Mask
Kenra MC
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa poo & conditioner
Wonder 8 oil
Dabur Amla oil
Dulhan Henna
Africa's Best Liquid Mayo
ORS Hair Mayo
LeKair Cholesterol Plus
CHI Infusion
Joico K Pak Reconstruct
WRTC

Hey Glib, I tried the Nexxus Aloe Rid this weekend and I really liked it! I think that's going to be a keeper for me too for clarifying. :yep:

:lachen:@the title...I love that song though

I am slowly returning to products that I used years ago with good results. I had many a good hair day with got2beso smooth conditioner followed mizani moisturefuse before they changed the formula. So far my staples are

I really miss this product!! I have not seen it in a loooonnngg time.

I think it is discontinued.

I found 4 stores that still have a good supply. I might buy it all:yep:

I wish I could find it. Someone was on ebay selling it.

My mom found 4 tubs at a store at an army base. She bought one and after trying it she went and grabbed them all up.

It really is a great conditioner. I think there is another line that makes a similar product but it is not as good, I think.

I wish I could find it. Someone was on ebay selling it.

My mom found 4 tubs at a store at an army base. She bought one and after trying it she went and grabbed them all up.

It really is a great conditioner. I think there is another line that makes a similar product but it is not as good, I think.

The closest thing I found is the smooth and shine silk infusion conditioner. It is similar to me in how it feels and how it makes my hair feel after rinsing.

The closest thing I found is the smooth and shine silk infusion conditioner. It is similar to me in how it feels and how it makes my hair feel after rinsing.

:yep: Yep that's the one I was thinking of.

Well, I think it is the one min conditioner they have from that line. Or is that the same one?

I have a tub of that but it is not as good as the So Smooth. Boy, do I miss that stuff! LOL

My mom says she will give me one of hers, but I have yet to see that conditioner! LOL

:yep: Yep that's the one I was thinking of.

Well, I think it is the one min conditioner they have from that line. Or is that the same one?

I have a tub of that but it is not as good as the So Smooth. Boy, do I miss that stuff! LOL

My mom says she will give me one of hers, but I have yet to see that conditioner! LOL

Yeah, its not as good but it is close. The one I am talking about is a 1 minute treatment but its pretty new. This is what it looks like. http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?id=prod3460007&CATID=304637&skuid=sku3458850&V=G&ec=frgl_wic&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=sku3458850#

Its pretty hit or miss for people. I love. I can really feel the silk protein sinking into my hair. I found it first at a dollar store and later at a local walgreens. I am going to order a big jar of it went it gets in stock on amazon. Its good for a quickie protein treatment. I also miss the old mizani moisturfuse. My heart really broke with that one.

I really miss this product!! I have not seen it in a loooonnngg time.

I think it is discontinued.
HoneyDew and GYM -Check your local Family Dollar Stores for this conditioner.
I see it there all the time on the Clearance rack for 3 bucks or it on the top or bottom shelf hidden away from the rest of the products.
PM me if you can't find it.

Back