Before you buy Curly Pudding...

PhonyBaloney500

I got the (1)Fantasia gel as well as the (2) Citre Shine and Loreal Making Waves Whipped gel that someone else recommended. I haven't used the latter yet though.
The one ingredient that both products don't seem to have that Curly Pudding does is the milk protein. Could that be the key ingredient that lengthens curls, especially since milk is said to make hair straighter and thus longer? Hmm....

L

LaNecia

I've tried(1)Fantasia gel as well as the (2) Citre Shine and I like the Citre Shine MUCH better than the Fantasia Gel on my hair. Only thing is that the Citre Shine leaves the hair hard if you apply too much.

I can't find the Loreal Making Waves Whipped gel YET.

I've used the Citre Shine w/the Curling Pudding (Kinky-Curly), that's a good combo for my texturized hair! :up: I'll wear my wash and go more as my hair gets longer, right now it's too short for me to feel comfortable wearing it although I did get compliments when I wore it to work last week.

FeelinIt

Technique is correct. I tried the "shingling" method curve-salon has on their website. I used Fantasia's straigtening gel. I just bought it because it looked like a light gel I could use to lay my hairline down. So anyway, I'm about 4a texturized. I washed and conditioned and then just started applying the product section by section combing it in and applying generously. After I was done, I sat under the dryer for a little under an hour, and came out and had a curly look. Drawbacks: My hair had that crunchy feel but if I maybe cut my gel with some moisturizing agents, I can probably get that curly but uncrunchy feel. It didn't take long at all either. It stayed for about 2 days. I'm sure it would stayed longer had I wrapped it but I was lazy and just experimenting. Also my texturizer was self done and I kind of had some straight hairs so that messed up my look but overall it was fine. I just need to get that shine in because it was kind of dull. Any product recs? Thanks!

blue_flower said:
[ QUOTE ]
I believe that it is technique more than the product. If you slather a product on your hair as much as the directions specify, you will probably get those results. I've seen a natural get curls that last all day using the method in the instructions with FOTE aloe vera gel.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one of the main ingredients in both gels is the Aloe Vera Gel. I've heard a lot of good things about it. That would be my second option.

Mizani_Mrs

@BlueFlower: Work it gurl.....Okay when you find out how to make a cheaper version of the Phyto Relaxer that costs $60, then you let a sista know.... :grin:

Country gal

The ingredients in the Curly Pudding seem to be more natural/organic whereas the Fantasia has more sythetic chemicals.

I did a conditioner wash today and added in Scurl wave pomade to my hair and my hair retained the curls when dry. First time in a while that I didn't sport a scarve. The curls were too beautiful to cover up.

BLESSED1

sbaker said:
....I did a conditioner wash today and added in Scurl wave pomade to my hair and my hair retained the curls when dry. First time in a while that I didn't sport a scarve. The curls were too beautiful to cover up.

Umm hmm I feel you, I use my scurl moisturizer and gel when I do a wash & go (using the technique described here) and everyone compliments me and my curls :yep:

L

LaNecia

angellazette said:
I may try the shingling method with FOTE aloe vera gel this weekend...

If I were weak, I'd be looking for this but I just repurchased a 16 oz SERVING of my beloved Fantasia IC Styling Gel w/Crystalites!! :love:

See....I can be satisified with ONE product!!! :look:

L

LaNecia

Hmmm. After you use them, holla back and let us know which you like better. I like them both but for totally different effects!

mohair

I wish you would have posted this $38 bucks ago. I tried the curly pudding and was not pleased with the results. It made my hair really hard and crunchy. Someone told me about Noodle Head and I tried it. I am soo in love with this stuff. It gives my hair great curly definition. No shingling needed. All I do is apply a leave in and the noodle head daily and v

L

LaNecia

I am so unsubscribing to this thread before I go racing out :driver: of the house ...again... :lol:

angellazette

LaNecia said:
Hmmm. After you use them, holla back and let us know which you like better. I like them both but for totally different effects!

Verdict:

Both products (Citre Making Waves & FOTE aloe vera gel) give me curl definition, but they give different holds. The citre gives me a firm hold and I can see this product making my hair a little crunchy. The aloe vera gel gives me a softer hold, with more frizz. I'm thinking of mixing the two when I try again and see how that works. I did not post pics because it DID look a hot mess! Shingling and relaxed ends/natural roots does NOT mix! :lol: I'll try again when I have a bit more natural texture on my head!

L

LaNecia

Thanks for the update! Ooops, I forgot to unsubscribe huh? :look:

BLESSED1

sbaker said:
Blessed1-

I think S Curl is the best kept secret.

Right! I'm telling ya, I've been using it since high school (mid-'90's) and have got like all my girlfriends hooked on this stuff. That's my "greasy crack", y'all relaxed heads got y'all creamy crack lol ;)

balisi

sbaker said:
Blessed1-

I think S Curl is the best kept secret.
I tried this recently and all it did was loosen my waves, while frizzing up my curls. I wonder if I used too much or not enough. How do you use it for optimal results?

Country gal

balisi said:
I tried this recently and all it did was loosen my waves, while frizzing up my curls. I wonder if I used too much or not enough. How do you use it for optimal results?

It works extremely well on my wet hair. When I was relaxed, I had horrible results from the spray that Adrienne uses. Forget the name but I used it because Adrienne uses it. I bought the wave and short hair pomade after reading on hair that another natural head uses it for slick pony tails. I would put in on my hair to slick back my hair for headbands noticed how it waved up the front. So I used it on my hair when wet and noticed it held my curls. Last week I wore a fro with the s-curl all in it and got some many compliments. I went to an expo and was talking to the lady that did my twists before. She was trying to get new customers. This one lady said I want my hair like hers (me) and the stylist was like that is her natural hair. Her hair curls up like that. The s curl helps keeps the shape of the curl versus making it frizz when dry. It also helps to do a conditioner wash first and than add the S-curl to wet hair. I just shake and go.

balisi

sbaker said:
It works extremely well on my wet hair. When I was relaxed, I had horrible results from the spray that Adrienne uses. Forget the name but I used it because Adrienne uses it. I bought the wave and short hair pomade after reading on hair that another natural head uses it for slick pony tails. I would put in on my hair to slick back my hair for headbands noticed how it waved up the front. So I used it on my hair when wet and noticed it held my curls. Last week I wore a fro with the s-curl all in it and got some many compliments. I went to an expo and was talking to the lady that did my twists before. She was trying to get new customers. This one lady said I want my hair like hers (me) and the stylist was like that is her natural hair. Her hair curls up like that. The s curl helps keeps the shape of the curl versus making it frizz when dry. It also helps to do a conditioner wash first and than add the S-curl to wet hair. I just shake and go.
Thanks for the tips! I will try this after a co-wash.

balisi

sbaker said:
Your welcome. Keep me posted.
I tried it this morning, but since I was coming to work, I played it safe and applied some Fantasia IC Gel along with it. I applied the S-Curl no-drip formula as soon as I got out of the shower after leaving in some VO5 conditioner. This is working great so far and my hair is about 50% dry right now. I think I would have more shrinkage and less definition from the S-Curl alone. But I will continue to experiment!

discobiscuits

anything new? i got a lot of ideas reading this. still wanna try the CP though.