being tested

southerncharm

i mean how much should you take, i know were all tested everyday whether it's on here,at work, etc.

okay my soon to be ex's sister called last monday she's a sixty something yr old preacher's wife, i had just got off my treadmill fixing to get in the tub, the phone rung i didn't have batteries in the caller ID thing so i made a mad dash to the office/den i answered the phone & kept saying hello i said it in a very nice tone like i usually do i knew it was her cause i saw the name & number, SHE HUNG UP IN MY FACE.

i didn't call her back to ask what her problem was cause i already knew what it was, she's found out about me & my ex's situation so i guess it's a normal thing to take sides, hey, she has that right but DON'T call MY house & hang up in my face.

she was calling to tell him one of his sisters had to go to the emergency room for heart related issues, she was so mean she couldn't tell me she just hung up, but the next day she told my ex that's why she called.

i told him he'd better put her in check & for her to stay outta our business this was between me & him, & if she can't call & be respectful then don't call again, after so many yrs i finally told one of my sisters what was going on, no one else except for my counselor, i asked her not to mention it to no one else, so i guess before i hung up the phone it was all in the streets.

his 40 something yr old niece called last wk also wanting to borrow money, she was just as nice & sweet, she talked like somebody that had some sense, she thanked me for listening. (maybe cause she needed money)

i'm tempted to call her back, but the lord is really blessing me in when it comes to dealing with a lot of things, i learn to ignore things even though the devil is always trying to tempt you, don't get me wrong i will speak up when i need to but when it comes to a lot of junk & drama it's not that important to get to me, i use to toss & turn in bed at night a lot but now, i sleep like a log.

you know some folks think some blessings has to be materialistic, maybe in some cases but some of the biggest blessings to me are the one's others think nothing of, with me i'm learning to walk away no matter what others think(they may think your afraid), but i'm learning not to let others raise my stress level & blood pressure,(lol) & just be patient.

for some reason i was reading about patience & i came across something in Ecclesiastes 7:9, be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
i mean how much should you take, i know were all tested everyday whether it's on here,at work, etc.

okay my soon to be ex's sister called last monday she's a sixty something yr old preacher's wife, i had just got off my treadmill fixing to get in the tub, the phone rung i didn't have batteries in the caller ID thing so i made a mad dash to the office/den i answered the phone & kept saying hello i said it in a very nice tone like i usually do i knew it was her cause i saw the name & number, SHE HUNG UP IN MY FACE.

i didn't call her back to ask what her problem was cause i already knew what it was, she's found out about me & my ex's situation so i guess it's a normal thing to take sides, hey, she has that right but DON'T call MY house & hang up in my face.

she was calling to tell him one of his sisters had to go to the emergency room for heart related issues, she was so mean she couldn't tell me she just hung up, but the next day she told my ex that's why she called.

i told him he'd better put her in check & for her to stay outta our business this was between me & him, & if she can't call & be respectful then don't call again, after so many yrs i finally told one of my sisters what was going on, no one else except for my counselor, i asked her not to mention it to no one else, so i guess before i hung up the phone it was all in the streets.

his 40 something yr old niece called last wk also wanting to borrow money, she was just as nice & sweet, she talked like somebody that had some sense, she thanked me for listening. (maybe cause she needed money)

i'm tempted to call her back, but the lord is really blessing me in when it comes to dealing with a lot of things, i learn to ignore things even though the devil is always trying to tempt you, don't get me wrong i will speak up when i need to but when it comes to a lot of junk & drama it's not that important to get to me, i use to toss & turn in bed at night a lot but now, i sleep like a log.

you know some folks think some blessings has to be materialistic, maybe in some cases but some of the biggest blessings to me are the one's others think nothing of, with me i'm learning to walk away no matter what others think(they may think your afraid), but i'm learning not to let others raise my stress level & blood pressure,(lol) & just be patient.

for some reason i was reading about patience & i came across something in Ecclesiastes 7:9, be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.

southerncharm....

Just wanted to encourage you and to wish you continued peace in God. For it seems as you have shared that this is what God is blessing you with....His Peace and above all His love.

I am very sorry about your marriage, I wish that it were not so. However, I still pray and wish you well.

In Jesus' Name Amen

BTW: You are correct, blessings are not always material. ... True Blessings are things that money can't buy.

God bless you.

Love,
Shimmie

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
southerncharm, sorry to hear about your marriage. The bolded caught my eye as well, because The Blessing is a root.
:yep:

That Scripture is so on point...

I hope you continue to listen to songs that encourage your Heart and comfort your soul, especially during the Holiday season. Stay encouraged.

you know some folks think some blessings has to be materialistic ....
for some reason i was reading about patience & i came across something in Ecclesiastes 7:9, be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools[/B].

Iwanthealthyhair67

Amen and Amen!!!

Last edited: