Benefits of wrapping? Who does it?

Penspringz

I havejust had a virgin relaxer and have been advised to wrap with a silk scarf, which I have been doing. Other than keeping my hair straight, I am not too clear what the other benefits are. Can someone please enlighten me? How has wrapping benefit your hair?

If you're talking about wrapping the hair around the head, then I don't really think that there are other benefits other than keeping the hair smooth/straight. Sometimes wrapping can thin your edges and/or make them sore. Some ladies have luck with it, some don't. Just be careful and take care of those edges. HTH.

TSUprincess04 said:
If you're talking about wrapping the hair around the head, then I don't really think that there are other benefits other than keeping the hair smooth/straight. Sometimes wrapping can thin your edges and/or make them sore. Some ladies have luck with it, some don't. Just be careful and take care of those edges. HTH.

I agree. Also, if you're going to do it, periodically switch the direction that you're wrapping in, this will help prevent breakage and one side being noticeably thinner than the other.

I LOVE wrapping. My hair stays more moisturized and no tangles. It's easier to comb and I get less breakage. Also, I can style my hair much better and not have to worry about having a "bad hair day".

i used to wrap, but i didn't do it right, so one side would be bumped under, while the other would be flat as a board. not cool.

some ladies got thinning and breakage from wrapping in the same direction every night... i wrapped for YEARS and didn't get thinning... but the only tool i use in my hair is a wide-toothed comb like this:

paynesbeautysupply-salon_1981_105582462

different strokes for different folks, i guess :grin:

I love wrapping. I like to do the roller wrapping though. It just helps me maintain a cute style week after week and keep my hair straight lookign without much heat. I agree with the ladies though, switch up which side you wrap

I love wrapping. I like to do the roller wrapping though. It just helps me maintain a cute style week after week and keep my hair straight lookign without much heat. I agree with the ladies though, switch up which side you wrap

Maybe I am just being slow, but can someone explain to me what on earth a roller wrap is?

You can also use the cross wrapping method. It is easier on your edges.

I was wondering if someone had a tutorial on how to do this also. I am a visual learner, so it really helps me to see how things are done.

I find that wrapping my hair helps to keep the ends moisturized. The only thing is that when I wrap my hair in the beehive, the next morning my scalp is always sore on the side that was combed forward. I think it's because I am going against the direction of growth.

I would greatly appreciate a new method of wrapping.

Back