Benny Hinn. False prophet.

AnnDriena_

This man is always on TBN whenver I switch by it (my pastor used to be on it and I watched him and my friend Dex's band ALL TOGETHER SEPARATE played for the DAY 7 worship service)
My friend from fresno told me she might be coming down my way to see him speak and she was all excited saying she believes the miracles are real. I was very upset because this is the same man who prophesied that God was going to destroy all homosexuals by fire in 1995.:ohwell: And the audience in the TBN studios had the nerve to cheer:mad: . He was also busted by a news magazine program when they went backstage and found out that the "prayer warriors" helping to pray for people were just opening the envelopes and collecting the money and throwing the prayer requests on the floor:mad: . Here's some more on him:

The Christian Sentinel Report

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Benny Hinn -- False Prophet Extraodinaire[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Report By Jackie Alnor[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Posted June 2001[/font]

TV mega-preacher, Benny Hinn, used a false prophecy to extort millions of dollars from unsuspecting victims. He warned TBN's TV audience that 1999 was going to be a year of plenty and the year 2000 would bring disaster.

He threatened the viewers that those who didn't double their giving in 1999 would not survive the year 2000. Even the donors who had already called in their pledges were ordered to call back and increase their giving or face the consequences. This certifies Benny Hinn as a false prophet.

This isn't the first time Hinn has prophesied falsely. Back in 1989 he prophesied to his congregation at the Orlando Christian Center in Florida what he was seeing for the decade of the 1990s.

"The Lord also tells me to tell you in mid 90s -- about '94 or '95, no later than that -- God will destroy the homosexual community of America . . . He will destroy it with fire."

"The Spirit of God tells me -- an earthquake will hit the East Coast of America and destroy much in the 90s."

"The Spirit tells me -- Fidel Castro will die in the 90s. . . Holy Spirit just said to me, it'll be worse than any death you can imagine."

After 20 minutes of prophesying to his congregation that night, Hinn appeared to be "drunk in the spirit." When he came to his senses he said, "I'd like to know what I said. I was totally gone."

Yet no matter how many times Hinn's false prophecies have been exposed, he still performs to overflowing crowds in stadiums around the world.

Hinn shares his latest blunder with 700-Club founder, Pat Robertson, though Robertson could not be reached to verify his involvement.

It was the spring, 1999 Praise-a-Thon, Trinity Broadcasting Network's (TBN), biannual fund-raiser, seen around the world via satellite. From the discussion between Paul & Jan Crouch and their guests, pledges were down because people were apprehensive anticipating potential troubles arising from Y2K hysteria. 'Prophet' Hinn exhorted TBN's supporters to not let Y2K fears affect their donations.

Hinn started out by establishing his credentials as a prophet of God. He called upon TBN's fellow guests for help in interpreting a disturbing dream he had had. "I do not fully understand it," he lamented, "but I really believe it deals with what God is about to do in the world."

He gave a long narrative of his mystical dream that he said was "more of a vision of the night" than a dream. "In this dream, I did not see his face," Hinn began. "Everything in me knew it was the prophet Elijah . . . I walked up to him and he was turning water into blood." Hinn continued, "As I came to him, he said to me, 'Take this!' I took the rod from him.".

When he finished, fellow guest Mark Chirona, offered the interpretation. "The formless essence of Elijah is the spirit of Elijah that God promised to pour out on the last days' company of seasoned ministry that will literally fulfill everything that God promised under the old covenant that would come into the new covenant of a prophetic order that would change the course of history."

Hinn responded. "I feel the anointing here while he is talking!" " Chirona continued, "And when Elijah handed you the rod, God was putting in your hand a new level of apostolic authority for the nations. . . You are entering into a new age of the miraculous. There will be a sharpening, for the spirit of Elijah rests on you."

Hinn laid out his first prophetic message under Elijah's mantle. "Pat Robertson, in January, said 'I have just come out of two days of prayer and fasting. The Lord has said to me that this year, 1999, would be the greatest year for the body of Christ, economically and spiritually, but beginning the year 2000, disasters would hit in the world, economically and otherwise, and only those in the church who have been giving to God would be spared.'"

Turning his attention to the viewers, Hinn said, "So when I say to you here and in your home, increase your seed, God knows you can and you must because if you do not, you will be the one to suffer."

TBN supporters then jammed the phones in order to survive the coming year of disaster. Hinn gave dire warnings to those that pledge and then fail to follow through. "And one final thing, if you break your promise, hear this! Some of you make a pledge and along the way you decide to forget about it. The Bible says God will destroy the work of your hands if you do that . . . We can't play games with him!"

" Now, some of you will have to step out in faith tonight," Hinn said. "You may not even have the money right now. In fact, most times you make a pledge you don't even have it."

Then he followed up with a warning to the skeptics. "You know, you do not get under the kind of anointing I get under just because you sing hallelujah," Hinn said.. ''There's a heavy price and I would not want to be in the shoes of the one who touches the anointing. Don't touch the anointing!"

"I'm giving you a prophetic word. You know the scripture says they prospered because they obeyed his prophets. I'm telling you tonight, I'm speaking prophetically. Obey the Lord!"

Hinn had a solution for those who were short on cash, -- liquidate! ""You know if I was you and God spoke to me like this, I'd take it out of my investments to give it to God now cause it's already spring and the year 2000 is almost next door."

So now that the year 2000 has come and gone with no casualties to count, will TBN refund the extorted funds? Don't count on it!

P.S.
TBN pulls in hundreds of millions of dollars yet gets on the air during their regular prayer/giving marathons and tells the viewers that they need to send money to keep the lights on.

AnnDriena_

Girl you need to be runnin' for your wallet. Make sure it's still there:lachen:
I don't mean to make fun of the mission of TBN I just don't care for the "prophets" that run the thing. Here's a little of why I am very upset that Paul and Jan Crouch are out there as "ambassadors" of the Lord.
http://www.rickross.com/reference/setfree/setfree2.html

http://www.ministrywatch.com/mw2.1/pdf/MWDA_031204.pdf#search='Paul%20And%20Jan%20Crouch%20too%20much%20money'

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1841.cfm

There's just so much to go on about those two. But my biggest pet peeve is they are constantly asking for money and they have over 30 houses. 30! including 2 mansions in Long Beach. But yet they get on tv and say the lights are going to go out unless you give more.

Benny Hinn built and $8 million mansion in Dana Point Beach and he gets on television and lies about prophesy and ask people to send in money so this person or that person can be helped. That's all good to ask for help for someone but you are building an $8 million mansion, you mean to tell me you couldn't throw a couple chips their way.:lachen:

Now don't get me wrong I think it's great to be able to make a living and I don't expect Christian leaders to live in poverty but these people are raking in money hand over fist and not enough of it is going to what they preach about on television.

BlkHoneyLuv2U

Though I like TBN and do find some of the guest to be informative, uplifting and encouraging. I dont thing that a lot of the people including Paul and Jan are all they are professing to be. I felt this same way back in the eighties about Jim Baker and Tammy Faye. I hope this feeling that I have about the TBN crew is wrong. Binny Hinn, I never watch. Sadly, he really works my nerves the wrong way.

lonesomedove

Girl thanks for sharing the articles. I had never heard this. While I was deployed to Saudi a few years back, the only channel I watched was TBN, I saw many Benny Hinn shows, I appreciate the information.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
natalied said:
I watch TBN. When's he comes on, I run for the remote control!

:lachen: There are a couple of them on tv. I once fell asleep and woke up to one of those "prophets" howling. :eek: I rushed to turn off the tv.

Discernment is very important.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (1 John 4:1)

MomofThreeBoys

Amen to that. Not all false prophets will be so "obvious". Sometimes error is oh so slightly different from the truth. Thats what Satan did with Eve with the fruit. He mixed the truth with error for some validity. This is why praying from discernment in ALL things is important.

victorious said:
:lachen: There are a couple of them on tv. I once fell asleep and woke up to one of those "prophets" howling. :eek: I rushed to turn off the tv.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (1 John 4:1)

pebbles

victorious said:

OK! You better believe the spirit of discernment needs to be in operation at all times! :up:

webby

Think Slim
How timely!

I just had a long discussion with my mother about Benny Hinn. I always feel like he's a charlotten (sp) and that he really uses his personal charisma, not the bible to do his work. My mother disagreed. Y'all KNOW I'm going to be emailing her, right ;)

AnnDriena_

Wait a minute, howling? Did I read that right? What in the world?

And yeah Jans' been workin' my nerves for a minute. They did an article in the paper about the people that give to TBN, sadly it's a lifeline for many. They profiled one lady that gave $70 a month from her $210 disability check. She is dying from AIDS and TBN is her lifeline. I think about their 30 mansions and Hundreds of millions of dollars and then I see a picture of this woman in her tiny little apartment dying of AIDS and then a TBN employee is quoted in the same article as saying that if Paul and Jan Crouch were'nt so rich she would be asking where God's hand is in their life and that their wealth shows his hand in their life. Well Hugh Heffner is rich too:perplexed . Jan was also on one show detailing some of the things that they were spending the money on and one girl needed an operation on her face and they "raised" $5,000 for her operation. Raised? The Crouches spend more than that on alchohol and treating their cohorts out to expensive "business" dinners. Why couldn't they have just given it to the girl. No they had to raise it. And I'm sure they raised more than $5000 and pocketed the rest.:mad:

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
AnnDriena_ said:
Wait a minute, howling? Did I read that right? What in the world?...

Yep. He probably though that was speaking in tongues, but I surely wasn't edified by that. That other "prophet" was truly sounding brass! :yep:

Last edited:

**Tasha*Love**

AnnDriena_ said:
Wait a minute, howling? Did I read that right? What in the world?

And yeah Jans' been workin' my nerves for a minute. They did an article in the paper about the people that give to TBN, sadly it's a lifeline for many. They profiled one lady that gave $70 a month from her $210 disability check. She is dying from AIDS and TBN is her lifeline. I think about their 30 mansions and Hundreds of millions of dollars and then I see a picture of this woman in her tiny little apartment dying of AIDS and then a TBN employee is quoted in the same article as saying that if Paul and Jan Crouch were'nt so rich she would be asking where God's hand is in their life and that their wealth shows his hand in their life. Well Hugh Heffner is rich too:perplexed . Jan was also on one show detailing some of the things that they were spending the money on and one girl needed an operation on her face and they "raised" $5,000 for her operation. Raised? The Crouches spend more than that on alchohol and treating their cohorts out to expensive "business" dinners. Why couldn't they have just given it to the girl. No they had to raise it. And I'm sure they raised more than $5000 and pocketed the rest.:mad:
That's awful out of $210/mo she sends $70 hoping for a miracle probably. You can only imagine her situation since she is dying from AIDS and in her heart she wants to be free from her ailment and like AnnDriena said TBN is her lifeline. I really cannot stand to watch Paul and Jan because their message seems to be so fake and rehearsed. My spirit was telling me that it was something about those two that I could not place my finger on. I do not watch every Christian show nor do I listen to everyone's message. There are many false prophets in this world and they will try to find their way into our lives whether it be thru the physical church or thru christian television. :sad:

TrustMeLove

See, I wanted to say something about those fake TBN prophets too, but there so many other post praising them same prophets, I didn't really want to say anything.

Im a shamed, but I didn't want to cause any drama. But, thanks for making this post girl, the Lord is surely going to bless you for your obedience.

-TrustTheWord

sithembile

I don't like Benny Hinn either. Even if those miracles and healings are for real, they may not be from God. Sometimes we forget that people can do things out of the flesh and not the spirit and God is not even being glorified. There are also counterfeit spirits. So you all are right, we need to eagerly desire the gift of discernment.

Blossssom

sithembile said:
I don't like Benny Hinn either. Even if those miracles and healings are for real, they may not be from God. Sometimes we forget that people can do things out of the flesh and not the spirit and God is not even being glorified. There are also counterfeit spirits. So you all are right, we need to eagerly desire the gift of discernment.

There is nothing about Benny Hinn that is real (including his hair), but his quest for the almighty DOLLAR! That's REAL! :)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
The ministers at my church despise Benny Hinn. They go as far as to say he is evil. It kills me when they have people go up to Benny Hinn to get healed and they fall to the ground... so fake. You have watch out for all those TV ministries and churches.

A_Christian

Oh my. I used to run for the remote too when his show would come on.:laugh: I just felt like something was not right with all of the asking viewers for money all of the time, even though I hate to judge people.

It's so funny that I just saw this thread. Despite my feeling something was not right, I decided to give his show a chance today anyway. He was preaching to millions of people in India - I think. I really hope for their own sake that Benny Hinn and his co-workers are not just taking people's money and throwing their prayer requests away, but if they are the'll have to answer to God for it. At least he preaches about Jesus so even if there is corruption going on at least lots of people in other countries are accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior through Hinn's ministries.

pebbles

"Hinn has come under criticism for saying "anything that comes into his head" during his preaching. He has been known to claim that "God had intended babies to come from the sides of women's bodies, as the rib that created woman had come out of the side of Adam. But then, God changed his mind. And since God gave Adam dominion over the birds Adam could fly and was, in fact, a superman and the first man to reach the moon." - a quote from the article "Miracles."

Oh, my goodness, where did he get this??? :confused:

Poohbear

pebbles said:
"Hinn has come under criticism for saying "anything that comes into his head" during his preaching. He has been known to claim that "God had intended babies to come from the sides of women's bodies, as the rib that created woman had come out of the side of Adam. But then, God changed his mind. And since God gave Adam dominion over the birds Adam could fly and was, in fact, a superman and the first man to reach the moon." - a quote from the article "Miracles."

Oh, my goodness, where did he get this??? :confused:

that's crazy. why would he want to tell millions of people all these false things?

L

LaNecia

A_Christian said:
At least he preaches about Jesus so even if there is corruption going on at least lots of people in other countries are accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior through Hinn's ministries.

I agree. THAT is the bottom line.

Sweet C

Hmmm...I am kinda on the fence with this one. I have never personally been to one of his crusades or have heard of these "prophecies" that have been reported that he said, so that isn't something I can speak on. But I have watched him on TV and what I have seen has been sound doctrine. He has never claimed to be a prophet of any kind and most of what they show on tv is worship, miracles, and a little preaching. I saw the people over in India and how he was taking criticism for spreading the gospel there, and how it lead more people to Christ. This I can't refute, b/c he is preaching the gospel.

But, at the same time, when you are a Christian, especially someone in authority, your words and deeds should reflect the life of Christ. So if he is doing something illegal or corrupt, it will truly come to light and he will have to answer to God for that one.

I have seen messages on other boards denouncing Benny Hinn, b/c some relative of theirs watched him faithfully, believed they would be healed, went to his service, didn't got healed, and was crushed. I guess my thought there would be if u believe in God, why are u waiting for man. Were u looking for Benny Hinn to heal you or for God? Everytime I have seen him, after the "miracle" was performed he praised God, not himself. So if I ever get a chance to go, I will and see for myself.

AnnDriena_

Sweet C said:
Hmmm...I am kinda on the fence with this one. I have never personally been to one of his crusades or have heard of these "prophecies" that have been reported that he said, so that isn't something I can speak on. But I have watched him on TV and what I have seen has been sound doctrine. He has never claimed to be a prophet of any kind and most of what they show on tv is worship, miracles, and a little preaching. I saw the people over in India and how he was taking criticism for spreading the gospel there, and how it lead more people to Christ. This I can't refute, b/c he is preaching the gospel.

But, at the same time, when you are a Christian, especially someone in authority, your words and deeds should reflect the life of Christ. So if he is doing something illegal or corrupt, it will truly come to light and he will have to answer to God for that one.

I have seen messages on other boards denouncing Benny Hinn, b/c some relative of theirs watched him faithfully, believed they would be healed, went to his service, didn't got healed, and was crushed. I guess my thought there would be if u believe in God, why are u waiting for man. Were u looking for Benny Hinn to heal you or for God? Everytime I have seen him, after the "miracle" was performed he praised God, not himself. So if I ever get a chance to go, I will and see for myself.

I understand. I'll try and search for some video tape from TBN when he stood on television and with his own mouth proclaimed that God would destroy all homosexuals by fire in the coming year, but I think TBN has that good and buried. You're right Benny Hinn has never claimed to be a prophet but the bible says that when a man says he has a proclaimation from God and it doesn't come true then he is to be stoned because he is a false prophet and he is not of God. That's why I labeled the topic False Prophet. He says he has all these messages from God and then he has said things that are not scripturally sound and that do not come true when he says God told him they would.

I don't think people should go to ministers looking for healings and then be upset. Jesus died so we could go straight to him and not have to go through other men. I still don't get why some people still want to put things and other people between them and God. I know if I did that it would be because I wasn't walking in the way God wanted me to walk and I would be afraid God wouldn't give me favor so if some preacher claimed he was so in touch with the Lord I'd want him to sort of curry some kind of favor or think that some material object held a little power that would help get me in better with the Lord. Thats where I personally think some of these people are coming from:ohwell:

Poohbear

A_Christian said:
Oh my. I used to run for the remote too when his show would come on.:laugh: I just felt like something was not right with all of the asking viewers for money all of the time, even though I hate to judge people.

It's so funny that I just saw this thread. Despite my feeling something was not right, I decided to give his show a chance today anyway. He was preaching to millions of people in India - I think. I really hope for their own sake that Benny Hinn and his co-workers are not just taking people's money and throwing their prayer requests away, but if they are the'll have to answer to God for it. At least he preaches about Jesus so even if there is corruption going on at least lots of people in other countries are accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior through Hinn's ministries.

Anyone can get on tv and so-call "preach" or teach about Jesus and it shows all these people accepting Jesus. It might look nice on tv like he's doing a good work for God but it's deceiving. All those people are depending on Benny Hinn. One time, Benny Hinn said he himself was God. It's like they are worshipping him more than the Lord. That's why what he's doing is wrong.