Benny Hinn. False prophet.

AnnDriena_

What broke my heart was when I heard the story about an african man who packed his dead little baby in an ice cooler and walked for two days to get to a Benny Hinn service because Benny Hinn promised the africans that Jesus would APPEAR on stage with him (now I know the difference between saying the PRESENCE of Jesus would be there and saying He would APPEAR) and the african man wanted Jesus to raise his baby from the dead.:cry3:

And why are they ALWAYS asking for money? That annoys me. You have an $8 million mansion if you need money so very badly sell that darn house and get a smaller one. If you work hard I think you should have nice things but if you are continuously absolutely begging for money like they do on TBN somethings wrong.:perplexed

Sweet C

Anndriena, when u find that tape, post it quick cause I wanna hear it. When u are a preacher, u have to be extremely careful about what u say, b/c people can always miscontrue it. I too have a serious problem with people asking for money. Now I understand that to preach the gospel it takes money, and you have to operate on faith. I don't mind that u even ask for it in TV ministry, b/c it costs serious money for something to be broadcast for 30mins w/o commercial interruption. What I do have a problem with is the begging. Like for example, you go to church, bring your offering, and they have a collection. Then someone gets up and say "we kinda short this week, could u give a little more." I was kinda heated when I went to Mega Fest b/c during every session, they collected offering (sometimes more than once). I think that is very excessive being that u had to pay to go to the conference in the first place and if u were from out of town, then add lodgings, food, transportation, etc. I was talking to DH about this, and we both were saying that the reason why we as believers esp in this country aren't walking fully in what God has ordained, b/c we lack faith in certain areas. I understand if u have to take an extra offering for a guest minister, or a serious need for someone in the congregation, but other than that, its being excessive.

Last edited:

Sweet C

Poohbear said:
Anyone can get on tv and so-call "preach" or teach about Jesus and it shows all these people accepting Jesus. It might look nice on tv like he's doing a good work for God but it's deceiving. All those people are depending on Benny Hinn. One time, Benny Hinn said he himself was God. It's like they are worshipping him more than the Lord. That's why what he's doing is wrong.

U have a good point there. If u got the money, u can definitely get u a spot (esp on BET at night) on TV and preach the gospel. I have a problem with people worshipping him as do when I see people in the church worshipping the pastor, psalmist, etc. As for the God comment, Ima play devil's advocate here. In the Bible it mentions in John 10:33-35 "The Jews answered Him, saying, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God." 34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, "You are gods" '? 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),

Even Sarah called Abraham Lord, and in the scripture Jesus was referring to Psalms 82, so I think this could be an example of a minsunderstanding of words.

AnnDriena_

CatSuga said:
Come on now. A $500 prayer kit! That has scam written all over it.

My cousin bought TD Jakes book with a check and the next month they received a computer generated check with their bank account numbers asking for a donation and the check had preset amounts that they could check off for $100, $300 or $500 dollars or write in an amount. It was all ready to go with their bank routing numbers on it.

I would've been heated because I don't want someone reprinting my bank information without my permission. And I have yet to receive something in the mail from any ministry asking me if I need something or just wanting to pray for me because I need it. It's always give, give, give.:ohwell:

Although at my church they will always have a time of prayer and sometimes after the service they just have the praise and worship band stay there or the preachers will stay after the ceremony because the preacher feels the need for extra prayer, so that's nice. But I would be shocked to the point of cardiac arrest if someone just sent me a prayer request that didn't include a request for money.:ohwell:

Sweet_Ambrosia

pebbles said:
"Hinn has come under criticism for saying "anything that comes into his head" during his preaching. He has been known to claim that "God had intended babies to come from the sides of women's bodies, as the rib that created woman had come out of the side of Adam. But then, God changed his mind. And since God gave Adam dominion over the birds Adam could fly and was, in fact, a superman and the first man to reach the moon." - a quote from the article "Miracles."

Oh, my goodness, where did he get this??? :confused:

Now thats just ridiculous! I cant believe this guy is still on tv,but i guess those who dont know the real truth will fall for his crap & will continue to support him.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Sweet C said:
...But, at the same time, when you are a Christian, especially someone in authority, your words and deeds should reflect the life of Christ. So if he is doing something illegal or corrupt, it will truly come to light and he will have to answer to God for that one...

Amen!!!

Matthew 7 warns us of false prophets in sheep's clothing but also says we will know them by their fruits. They might be publicly exposed soon, but surely judged in the end:
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Matthew 7:21-23 NKJV)

In the meantime, we really have to pray and maintain a personal relationship with God so we won't be deluded by people (and not only the ones on tv). Although some are blatantly obvious, others are very cunning.

Being a sheep isn't easy...baaah-ah-ah-ah!

:grin:

pebbles

A_Christian said:
At least he preaches about Jesus so even if there is corruption going on at least lots of people in other countries are accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior through Hinn's ministries.

You know what? I don't believe that to be the case. It would appear that many people come to see Benny Hinn to witness a healing or experience healing, not neccessarily to be won to Christ. If anything, when people who thought they were healed find out that they are not and were just caught up in the excitement, this causes those people to turn away from the church and brings mass criticism on us. It causes people to think that divine healing is a hoax, yet I'm a witness that divine healing is still in operation today. Even worse, if you read some of things he says, it makes me wonder who he's really talking to during his prayer time. It can't be the God I serve. :look:

People who say whatever they want like this under the guise of spreading the gospel, are actually responsible for so many false things about Christianity and God to gain a foothold in too many believers. The next thing you know, the devil was Jesus's twin, Jesus had a heavenly brother named Thomas, one of His sisters is a goddess, and God has a wife and the angels are their offspring... Come on, now, stop the madness.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
pebbles said:
You know what? I don't believe that to be the case. It would appear that many people come to see Benny Hinn to witness a healing or experience healing, not neccessarily to be won to Christ. If anything, when people who thought they were healed find out that they are not and were just caught up in the excitement, this causes those people to turn away from the church and brings mass criticism on us. It causes people to think that divine healing is a hoax, yet I'm a witness that divine healing is still in operation today. Even worse, if you read some of things he says, it makes me wonder who he's really talking to during his prayer time. It can't be the God I serve. :look:

People who say whatever they want like this under the guise of spreading the gospel, are actually responsible for so many false things about Christianity and God to gain a foothold in too many believers. The next thing you know, the devil was Jesus's twin, Jesus had a heavenly brother named Thomas, one of His sisters is a goddess, and God has a wife and the angels are their offspring... Come on, now, stop the madness.

ITA! :up:

brownsugarflyygirl

I know this thread is old but I have to say what is on my heart.

Please be careful in the way that you speak about people who are ministers of God. I Chronicles 16:22 "Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm."

In the last days, it is true that there will be many false prophets but do not assume that just because someone is slandered that they are a false prophet. Remember that Jesus was called a false prophet during his time...many of the great men and women of God Smith Wigglesworth, Kathryn Kuhlman, and countless others have endured the same. Persecution and criticisum is part and parcel of being called by God but we have to be careful as believers to not get caught up in that spirit.

When it comes to the finances of ministers, you have NO IDEA what they are sowing into their own ministry...and what their HEARTS are about giving. In most instances, you dont have enough information to make a definitive judgement call so be careful what you say because God holds us accountable for every word.

I am not making a judgement call on Benny Hinn...He may have said somethings that didnt come to pass, etc. Its not my place to judge him, God will do that. However, He has done many mighty works in the name of God and many people have been legitimately healed and saved through his ministry. I have personally attended a couple of his conferences and the power and presence of God was real. If he gets to heaven and God says, "You have done many mighty acts in my name but I know you know you not." That is btw him and God.

We are to be diligent and watchful over what we recieve and who we recieve it from....but there is a line between protecting our Spirits...and putting ourselves in danger of speaking brashly of God's people...so take heed...and please be slow to speak. As my sisters in Christ, I dont want any of us to suffer the consequences of placing our lips negatively on God's annointed. This goes not only for Benny Hinn, but applies from other internationally recognized ministers to our local pastors and ministers. Just be careful what you say.

Love yall!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
brownsugarflyygirl said:

Please be careful in the way that you speak about people who are ministers of God. I Chronicles 16:22 "Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm."

In the last days, it is true that there will be many false prophets but do not assume that just because someone is slandered that they are a false prophet. Remember that Jesus was called a false prophet during his time...many of the great men and women of God Smith Wigglesworth, Kathryn Kuhlman, and countless others have endured the same. Persecution and criticisum is part and parcel of being called by God but we have to be careful as believers to not get caught up in that spirit.

When it comes to the finances of ministers, you have NO IDEA what they are sowing into their own ministry...and what their HEARTS are about giving. In most instances, you dont have enough information to make a definitive judgement call so be careful what you say because God holds us accountable for every word.

I am not making a judgement call on Benny Hinn...He may have said somethings that didnt come to pass, etc. Its not my place to judge him, God will do that. However, He has done many mighty works in the name of God and many people have been legitimately healed and saved through his ministry. I have personally attended a couple of his conferences and the power and presence of God was real. If he gets to heaven and God says, "You have done many mighty acts in my name but I know you know you not." That is btw him and God.

We are to be diligent and watchful over what we recieve and who we recieve it from....but there is a line between protecting our Spirits...and putting ourselves in danger of speaking brashly of God's people...so take heed...and please be slow to speak. As my sisters in Christ, I dont want any of us to suffer the consequences of placing our lips negatively on God's annointed. This goes not only for Benny Hinn, but applies from other internationally recognized ministers to our local pastors and ministers. Just be careful what you say.

Love yall!

I agree with this completely. For even King Saul who summoned a witch for counsel, was still considered God's annointed.

I 'm not taking up for Hinn, for I DO have my 'thoughts' and issues about things I've heard and read.

But I also know something else. I am a walking living breathing testimony of God's healing power as are many of my family members. I have a nephew alive and well, whom doctors wanted to abort because of a growth in my sister's uterus. Nevertheless, God intervened through the power of prayer. And my sister was a sceptic and my biggest opposer. Through my faith and prayer the growth disappeared and my nephew was not aborted and he (not knowing the prayers) has always had a special bond with me.

My point is that, when things like this occur, we have to see all that's going on as we speak about it, for it gives the enemy a foothold into the faith and lives of others to doubt ALL there is about God. It gives the enemy a foothold to justify their reasons for not believing in the purity of Jesus. AND many, many professed Christians become lax in their faith, by their own choice.

What's worse is that the 'world' of accusers against our faith comes into the realm and it tears down our profession of faith even more. For we begin to talk just like them and our words have been given too much power because of the heritage we have in Jesus by His shed blood.

Do I like what I see? No! I know a lot of mess that I wish to God that I did not know. Let's talk up the good ones for a change. I know it hurts about what we see and hear with others. But can anything good come out of Nazareth? Of course.

Where are the Joshua's and the Caleb's (for Caleb had a different spirit). Where are the Pauls' and Timothy's, what about Barnabus, the Father to the new converts. There's more than enough trash being talked about...expose the enemy YES...subject wise, not person. But let's also build up the good ones, for God wants to visit this place and do a mighty, mighty work.

What we don't want is the wrong 'fire' coming up in our camp and running down all of us for you know this is one sure topic that brings in the enemy to run us down with their own misconceptions. To be informed of this, yes...I do understand. But to allow the 'world' to come in and we end up agreeing with them in this topic...NO.

Show me a good preacher...I'll start..."My Pastors" ;)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
pebbles said:

People who say whatever they want like this under the guise of spreading the gospel, are actually responsible for so many false things about Christianity and God to gain a foothold in too many believers. The next thing you know, the devil was Jesus's twin, Jesus had a heavenly brother named Thomas, one of His sisters is a goddess, and God has a wife and the angels are their offspring... Come on, now, stop the madness.[/quote]

Don't get me started on the healing. God is still in the busines...so right you are...;)

Hey Pebs, I think 'Davinci' said this...:lol: You think?

firecracker

Wow this is a really old thread. How about believing in God and not man. The lady that thought she would receive a miracle by sending money:eek: . I could've sworn God works miracle daily free of charge.

BerrySweet

firecracker said:
Wow this is a really old thread. How about believing in God and not man. The lady that thought she would receive a miracle by sending money:eek: . I could've sworn God works miracle daily free of charge.
That's the God I know!

punchinella

brownsugarflyygirl said:

Love yall!

Wow I did not realize how old this thread was, but your response is timeless. Very well said.