Best at-Home Relaxer?

wyldcurlz

I'm looking for a good relaxer that my sister can apply herself. She's got type 4a/B hair that's very short - cheek length. She wants to grow it out. I told her to join LHCF. Until then - what is the best relaxer for someone with her hair type that she can do at home? And she shouldn't do it til bone straight, right? About how long?

Thanks - I read over some of DSD's self relaxing tips on the newcomer's guide and passed some ideas along to my sister, but she needs product recommendations.

As for me, I'm staying natural. My hair just doesn't do well with relaxers - at least it hasn't in the past - how I wish it did, though. :)

TCB Bone Straight regular, used it for yrs, but now I'm waiting to reach my relaxer date so I can try Organics by Africa's best, has alot of goodies in it, If 10/17 is not too :look: late I'll get back to ya'.

my favorite was the Parnevu that came with tea tree oil...my hair would be straight but still have body and incredible shine and smell (presumably because of the oil) ... second place, was Profectiv... if i ever went back to relaxing, those are the two i would try again...

I use Organics Olive Oil. I love the texture of my hair afterwards because I have thin hair, it makes it look and feel healthier.

Has anyone ever tried Miss Key Katiuska Hair Relaxer with Almond Oil? I am also in search of a good relaxer and was looking at the sickbay website and saw this relaxer. I hear alot of talk about the conditions etc. Just wondering about the relaxer.

I use the Affirm at home and when I go to the shop....I love it.

If she is looking for a box relaxer, I also like Precise.

Organic Root Stimulator had the green OLIVE OIL box perm kit! I LOOOOVE it!
The conditioning replenishing pak is YUMMY!!!! :lick:

It is the best! IMO

Profectiv and Silk Elements :love2:

The best no lye relaxers ever!

I use Hawaiian Silky! Love it love it! Gets you straight but not bone straight. I also think it is a good candidate for texlaxing if someone is interested in that.

Back