Best Blowdryer For Naturals

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I have a yellow bird. Which is better yellow or silver?
The silver one, by a slim margin. I like the comb attachment on the silver one. It feels more durable and bends a little. It also feels like it’s just a tad better heat quality, as in my ends just feel super smooth and soft after using it, even on high heat, high speed.

nyeredzi

I have a yellow bird. Which is better yellow or silver?
I have both and I prefer the yellow bird. I just bought the silver bird on recommendation from Reniece but I only used it a couple times. It's (yellow bird) easier for me to get the teeth through my hair, and I like the heat settings on it better as well.

My Revair also just be sitting there. I have to use it every now and then because it costs so much. But all it does is stretch my tangles out, it doesn't help detangle at all. All the shed hair just remains in there. I need a dryer with teeth to get it out.

freecurl

I'm eyeing that Dyson blow dryer with comb attachment. Hope it goes on sale again this year.

secretdiamond

I have both and I prefer the yellow bird. I just bought the silver bird on recommendation from Reniece but I only used it a couple times. It's (yellow bird) easier for me to get the teeth through my hair, and I like the heat settings on it better as well.

My Revair also just be sitting there. I have to use it every now and then because it costs so much. But all it does is stretch my tangles out, it doesn't help detangle at all. All the shed hair just remains in there. I need a dryer with teeth to get it out.

:lol: I LOVE my RevAir, but the bolded is also true. lol. When my hair was longer and relaxed (I big chopped), I had to make sure the section was fully detangled - especially my ends.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
The silver one, by a slim margin. I like the comb attachment on the silver one. It feels more durable and bends a little. It also feels like it’s just a tad better heat quality, as in my ends just feel super smooth and soft after using it, even on high heat, high speed.
Update: this dryer no longer has my hair feeling good. The ends are rough and it’s not due to the need for a trim (had one recently). I’m not sure what changed, but I’m going to have to upgrade to something better.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
The Babyliss Pro is good for a regular blow dryer on my kinky 4b hair. But for me I couldn't get a good blow dry without ripping out my hair and I got heat damage from the comb/brush blow dryers. My preference is the RevAir hands down. Super easy to use and I get a great blow out with hardly any effort.

AtlantaJJ

That Revair got me contemplating. Are there any high porosity fine hair ladies here that are using this dryer?

AtlantaJJ

Yes! I have high porosity hair (not color treated) and the other dryers sucks the moisture from my hair. The adjusted tension and the cool feature
ETA: not color treated, just natural high porosity. My hair dries out extremely fast when wet.
You may have sealed the deal for me. I have a theory that the Revair might help close the cuticles of our high porosity hair. My hair has been HP all of my life. It's not damaged, it's how it grows.