Best Curl Defining Serum/Gel/Cream goes too...

deontaer

...ladies, fill in the blank for me. I'm trying to find a product that will give great curl definition for my wash and go styles. I purchased the Joico Curl defining gel yesterday but I'm scared to use it because I don't know how well it works - and at the price I paid for it, if it doesn't, I'm taking it back! So ladies, tell me what works for your wash and go curls.

MommaMayhann

I am also searching for the best curl definer for my TWA. Right now I am using Fantasia IC gel. It seems to give some of the best results for the a great price. I usually get a 16oz tub for 3-4 bucks. There are a few other naturals on the board that use it also.

nikipovi

Great question!!! I am doing the BC on tomorrow and I will be looking for products to define my curls.

MommaMayhann

nikipovi said:
Great question!!! I am doing the BC on tomorrow and I will be looking for products to define my curls.

:bouncy: CONGRATS!

Sorry for the thread jack. Now back to our regularly scheduled posting.

PatTodd

I am interested in this too. I haven't tried a full wash n' go yet (I need enough time at home to see how my hair reacts before I can appear in public :p ).

I know that Pokahontas loves Beyond the Zone Noodlehead (available at Sally's). I have used it for an airdried ponytail with good results. I have also heard good things on the board about the Fantasia IC gel, although I have not tried it yet.

deontaer

I have the IC gel, but the veridict is out on that. I know babygurl uses it with scurl, but it was too much for my fine hair, so I'm still searching. The consistency of the Joico curl definer is very nice - like a cream/gel mix. I'm going to wash my hair tonight and try it. I see Sally's has a sale on Beyound the Zone - I'll pick some of that up too!

sareca

Curl keeper. Ignore all the stuff about moisture. They're nuts. This stuff does NOT moisturize, but it doesn't strip the hair of moisture either. What it does is define curls.

sistawithsumthin

Fantasia IC was great while I grew out my TWA

I love the Curling Custard I just got. My hair is just past my shoulders stretched and I literally grin from ear to ear everytime I do my hair.:grin:

Just remember to follow the instructions just like she says.

Ms_Twana

nikipovi said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: WHAT!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Congrats!!! And you will be at the bowling party on Saturday to show it off RIGHT?!?! How's Scorpio??

Oh sorry...curl defining product. LOL!!! BTZ is good, the cream. And using a regular conditioner as a leave-in works good for me too. Just partially rinse it out. I love the way my curls looked when I did that with Paul Mitchell's Moisture conditioner.

Last edited:

bLackButtaFly

Right now I'm bouncing between Miss jessie's curly pudding and Fantasis IC gel w/ sparkelites when I want to save some cash. I want to try the miss jessie's curly meringue, especially now that that have different sizes, but i'm waiting untilt the end of the hide your hair challenge. I also want to try oyin shine and define, and whipped puddin got see that gives me a softer hold.

balisi

I have yet to find ONE product that delivers the non-frizzy definition I desire. I get very nice results from using a creamy leave-in, Curl Keeper and Fantasia IC gel, in that order.

so1913

Combo of Mizani Silk Defining Mousse and Fantasia IC Gel (over a leave in i.e. Knot Today)

OnceUponAtime

Toss up for me...

Marc Anthony Curl Defining Lotion. Detangles a little and softens hair a bit. Or Garnier Fructis Style Soft Curl Cream. I'm leaning a little more toward Garnier. My shrinkage is a bit more with this one, but I don't mind. The curls are nice.

I combine with a little gel (sometimes mixed with oil) to help combat frizz. Usually Fructis Hard Curl or IC Sparkalites gel. Again, I find that I'm happier with Fructis.

Nothing curls the non-curly top of my head.

Leshia

sistawithsumthin said:
Fantasia IC was great while I grew out my TWA

I love the Curling Custard I just got. My hair is just past my shoulders stretched and I literally grin from ear to ear everytime I do my hair.:grin:

Just remember to follow the instructions just like she says.

*laughing* this post was fun to read! That sounds awesome.

To the original poster, have you tried just using some light moisturizer while your hair is wet? I've only recently been chopped, and I don't have much hair but that seems to work for me, even better than smoothing through all the gel, for some reason...

Leshia

Oh and Samy has a good curling product -- very defining but not moisturizing at all like it says. It's in a yellow tube and says Curls down the bottle...

awhyley

BUMPING THIS THREAD AS I BC'd LAST THURSDAY!!! :bouncy:

(I know the thread is old, but I opted to bump due to the title, rather than starting a new one).

CALLING ALL PJ's, I'm looking for the best curl-defining products on the market. I've been suggested Cantu Coconut Curling Cream, but I'm sure that there are tons of others out there that can be recommended. Based on my curl pattern, I have 4b/4c hair and mid-porosity I guess (because when I placed a strand in water, it didn't float but it didn't sink either). :ohwell:

I'd love to hear what everyone's using to keep their coily strands curly. Thanks in advance. :love5:

awhyley

Hi @VictoriousBrownFlower :wave:

Thanks for the info. Is this the "new" Wetline as I believe I read on here that the formula had changed. Also, I started looking at for gels this afternoon, and didn't know what Eco Style had an entire line! Looking at all the different types of product had me like :spinning:

VictoriousBrownFlower

Hi @VictoriousBrownFlower :wave:

Thanks for the info. Is this the "new" Wetline as I believe I read on here that the formula had changed. Also, I started looking at for gels this afternoon, and didn't know what Eco Style had an entire line! Looking at all the different types of product had me like :spinning:
yeah its the new wetline. Yeah eco does have 100 million types but i find the best is krystal, olive oil, and argan oil.... The only new one i tried was the black castor oil and the wash and go didnt last long.....

awhyley

yeah its the new wetline. Yeah eco does have 100 million types but i find the best is krystal, olive oil, and argan oil.... The only new one i tried was the black castor oil and the wash and go didnt last long.....

Great. I went to my fav pharmacy not expecting to see any Eco products, but they have the entire line! The search for Wetline continues.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Mielle coiling custard, under Camille Rose Gel, works great together, if you want a cast that will last for a few days.
Curls Blueberry Bliss is great if you want softer curls. You will may have to reapply next day.

HealthyHair2020

Yes-aloe and apple definer and also the curl defining cream she has two that performs the exact same. I’ve layered with TGIN rose water gel followed by the Aloe& Apple :eyebrows2: good stuff
Hmmm I am intrigued to try it. *Puts it on the list* I like that it's not as thick as the curling cream.

Do you like the gelle from the aloe and apple line?

Last edited:

awhyley

Mielle coiling custard, under Camille Rose Gel, works great together, if you want a cast that will last for a few days.
Curls Blueberry Bliss is great if you want softer curls. You will may have to reapply next day.

Yesterday, I found a vendor here that carries the Mielle brand! :yay:

Taliah Waajid
Aloe, curling cream all have soft extremely defined hold

Thanks. I'm putting a list together of all the items I can't find locally, so that I can get one big shipment together for the new year.