Best Detangling Comb

ravenmerlita

I cannot find a great detangling comb. I am looking for a seamless comb that I can use for wet or dry detangling. I want a large one with plenty of space between the teeth.

What detangling comb are you using and why do you like it?

Songbirdb

JILBERE Shower comb! PERIOD! There's none better so head down to Sally's and pick it up asap. You've been without it too long already. :grin:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I believe the Goody brand shower comb is the best. I bought both specifically to see which was better between the Jilbere and Goody. The Goody won hands down! The Goody shower comb glides through my hair effortlessly:yep: and it's easily found at Walgreen's

TaurusAngel

I bought a Goody's Super Detangling Comb today and i absolutely love it. Its great especially if you have thick hair.

FindingMe

I have the large jilbere showere comb (and it works great), but mine isn't seamless. Otherwise, it's a good buy for the money.

Butterfly08

I love my Mason Pearson rake comb (sold at Neimann Marcus), or my Madora bone comb when my hair is tangled - it's very heavy and sturdy. Both were over $20, but worth it IMO because I use them every day and they are SEAMLESS. :grin:

ravenmerlita

I love my Mason Pearson rake comb (sold at Neimann Marcus), or my Madora bone comb when my hair is tangled - it's very heavy and sturdy. Both were over $20, but worth it IMO because I use them every day and they are SEAMLESS. :grin:

I have the Mason Pearson detangler and it's a great comb. I want something with the spacing of the rake but with a handle. I find the handled ones easier to use when detangling in the shower.

I just went to Walgreen's but they didn't have either the Jilbere comb recommended. I bought the Goody Ouchless Condition Comb. It's not seamless but I'll see how it does.

beautifulreality

The Jilbere shower comb is the best ever! I hope you can find it. I have the Goody Ouchless detangling comb too and I never use it now because of my Jilbere comb.

Hair Iam

Jumbo Rake Comb:love2:

this is the comb of choice for me ...I got mine from Sally's

Attachments

• jumbo rake.jpg
    jumbo rake.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 20

discobiscuits

JILBERE Shower comb! PERIOD! There's none better so head down to Sally's and pick it up asap. You've been without it too long already. :grin:
I agree, or any other generic brand like it.
The Jilbere shower comb is the best ever! I hope you can find it. I have the Goody Ouchless detangling comb too and I never use it now because of my Jilbere comb.

ITA. I think mine is Jilbere but I'm not sure. I've also seen threads on various forums about a K cutter comb. I've never used it but I am going to buy one and try it. Also, your fingers are good detanglers too. *smile*

K Cutter:

Last edited:

ravenmerlita

ITA. I think mine is Jilbere but I'm not sure. I've also seen threads on various forums about a K cutter comb. I've never used it but I am going to buy one and try it. Also, your fingers are good detanglers too. *smile*

I've never really tried to use my fingers to detangle. I have to learn to be less rough/ipatient and get used to the feel of putting my fingers through my hair. I probably need a tutorial. :look:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
This may seem very retarded but how do tell what the seams are? All I see it that I need a comb with wide teeth.:perplexed

wheezy807

K Cutter:
This looks like a similiar detangling comb i saw on a youtube video. But this one had teeth that rolled, i wonder if it's the same one?

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
This may seem very retarded but how do tell what the seams are? All I see it that I need a comb with wide teeth.:perplexed

Seams are the plastic between the teeth at the base of the comb (connects the teeth). Seamless is when the teeth just go straight to the end no connection. Thats the best way I can explain it...

FindingMe

Seams are the plastic between the teeth at the base of the comb (connects the teeth). Seamless is when the teeth just go straight to the end no connection. Thats the best way I can explain it...

There's also the seam in between each tooth. So, if you part the teeth on a comb and there is a line running up the middle of each tooth on the side in between the teeth (like a raised line, sometimes they are sharper than other times, depending onthe comb)--that's a seam. :ohwell: It's how they are manufactured. Seamless combs don't have that line up the side in between the teeth. It's argued that the seams provide little stress points when you comb your hair and over time can damage the cuticle.

discobiscuits

Good question. I'd like to know as well.

Seams are the "lines" left in the comb from the manufacturing process. You can see them on most combs as they are raised and look like little lines. I've filed some off in my time too. Seams are seen by most as harmful because they pull or snag hair and cause tangles or breakage. Basically, if you can't see the seams, just feel with your finger the tips of the teeth and between the teeth since we are talking wide tooth combs. If you can't fit your finger, just look, honestly seams are quite visible. My opinion: if you can't see them = best; if you can see them but not feel them = good. My wide tooth comb also has little bulbs on the end which for me is gentler on my scalp.

I just looked, mine is not a Jilbere but it looks like one (mine is no-name). Here is what a Jilbere looks like. Also, mine has visible seams but you can't feel them.

Last edited: