Best Hot Oil treatments

LondonDiva

I've never used them until now so I have nothing to compare them to. I'm using the Queen Helene cholesterol Hot oil treatment and I am liking it so far, but as I'm slowly creeping to be a controlled (if there's such a word) product junkie, there are others I'd like to try. Any recommendations ladies?

pebbles

Hi Londondiva,

Someone else on the post suggested VO5 hot oil treatment. I think it was recommended by a hairdresser.
I've used the tcb hot oil treatment and I like it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daviine

Girl, if there is such thing as a controlled PJ, then I am it. I actually have a to-try list and wirte on my calendar, when I'm actually going to try it.

When I first started, I would literally,stop what I was doing and run to the store and but a product. It didn't matter when I used it, as long as I actually had in in my possession. What made it worse is that I would go to store after store until I found it, if the first store didn't have it. I wa chasing after product that I didnt even know if I liked yet.

Man, I had it bad. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

notsomebody

My favorite is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I know its not one of those marketed for hair, but it gives amazing results. Also, if I feel like the Evoo is too heavy, I will use Jojoba which feels much lighter.

free2bme

I use a medley of oils for my hotoil treatments. I mix castor, olive & jojoba ols in microwave for a few seconds and apply it to my dry hair and cover with a pastic cap for a few hours (when I have the time).

T

Tee

I also like to use a mixture of oils. I usually use extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, and shea butter. Sometimes I'll add in jojoba or almond oil. I put it all in a hair color applicator bottle, warm it in the microwave for 30 seconds, and apply it to damp hair.

TsAngel

I use quite a few different hot oil treatments but here's my favorite:
Pretreat: Oil Mixture(Olive, Mustard, Amla, Castor
ALLOW THE FOLLOWING TO Steep in oil for 14 days:
1/4TSP ROSEMARY POWDER
1 TBSP DRIED LAVENDER
1 TBSP DRIED PEPPERMINT
1 TSP NETTLE LEAVES
1TBSP CHAMOMILE
1 TSP ROSE BUDS
1 TBSP ROSEMARY LEAVES
10 DROPS PEPPERMINT OIL
10 DROPS EUCALYPTUS OIL)
Pour oil thru cheesecloth into storage bottle (Amber Glass)

HTH,
TsAngel

Lita

Pebbles! Your hair looks great and I can see that you take great care of it. Hot oil carrot. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Fashionista

I use extra virgin olive oil heated in the microwave on slightly damp hair. I then place a plastic cap over my head and use a heating cap for about 20-30 minutes.

Peachtree

Hey LondonDiva,
I also use Extra Virgin Olive Oil, heated in microwave then applied. I also use African Royale Hot Six Oil (I simply love this stuff!)...it contains a mixture of oils (olive, canola, wheat germ, sweet almond, safflower, castor, sesame) as well as Vitamins E, A & D. Here's a picture of the bottle.
Hot Six Oil

Dionne

I have been researching stuff on hot oil treatments for awhile and he is what I did recently.

Mist hair with rose water. Mix togther sweet almond oil and olive oil. Use enough to cover hair. Add 3 drops of the following: Lavender, Sandalwood. Ylang Ylang, and Frankincense. Apply to hair work down to scalp. Cover with plastic cap and sit for 1-4 hours. Rinse and wash. My hair was very soft and silky, even my brother noticed.

daviine

Thanks Dionne. I'll try that when I have all the ingredients. I'm not sure if I'm interested in buying Frankincense becasue I don't have many recipes that call for it. Perhaps it can eb substituted for soemthing else.