Best Pre-Shampoo Treatments

blasianbeauty

What are the best ways to pre-treat hair before shampooing to help retain moisture? I have seen that some use olive oil or honey...are there any other methods? Thanks.

Bublin

I think Mr Kingsley should employ me as a sales rep. I love this stuff. My hair has improved 10 fold since using it. I don't think you'll find a bad review of this on the net. You can also buy the salon 500ml size that i purchased from QVC.

• This unique product brings moisture to the hair cuticle. Ideal for coloured hair.
For all hair types

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer should always form part of your routine to continuously improve or maintain the quality and behaviour of your hair. Extremely broken, damaged hair whether the result of chemical over processing, physical trauma or poor health, will also improve with concentrated use of Elasticizer. More frequent use of this intensive treatment formula will restore suppleness, elasticity, shine and bounce.

HOW TO USE

Before washing, wet hair thoroughly and apply Elasticizer to hair in sections, paying particular attention to the mid lengths and ends. Work-in thoroughly with fingertips for one minute. For maximum benefit cover hair and leave for 20 to 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse twice, before conditioning as usual.

For extreme damage, use Elasticizer twice a week. Once the best possible condition is achieved revert to the daily care routine recommended for your hair type.

Neith

I've tried a lot of conditioners/oils... but the best hands down is coconut milk.

After shampooing my hair is soft and much less tangled. I can tell a difference even after conditioning in the softness and ease to detangle. It's cheap and it works :yep:

DaRealist

For me it has been adding castor oil to a conditioner and applying to dry hair, then sitting under the dryer for 20-30 mins.

bravenewgirl87

For me it has been adding castor oil to a conditioner and applying to dry hair, then sitting under the dryer for 20-30 mins.

Ditto. Castor Oil makes everything great.

Hair Mayonnaise and Molasses.
Or Olive Oil, Scented Coconut Oil and Honey.
Shea butter, sweet almond oil and sweet almond butter.
Terax Conditioner
Komaza Deep Conditioner with Molasses.
Hamadi Deep Conditioner or Their oil.
QB Alma and Olive Oil
Gosh, I know so many.

Last edited:

25Nona

I think Mr Kingsley should employ me as a sales rep. I love this stuff. My hair has improved 10 fold since using it. I don't think you'll find a bad review of this on the net. You can also buy the salon 500ml size that i purchased from QVC.

• This unique product brings moisture to the hair cuticle. Ideal for coloured hair.
For all hair types

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer should always form part of your routine to continuously improve or maintain the quality and behaviour of your hair. Extremely broken, damaged hair whether the result of chemical over processing, physical trauma or poor health, will also improve with concentrated use of Elasticizer. More frequent use of this intensive treatment formula will restore suppleness, elasticity, shine and bounce.

HOW TO USE

Before washing, wet hair thoroughly and apply Elasticizer to hair in sections, paying particular attention to the mid lengths and ends. Work-in thoroughly with fingertips for one minute. For maximum benefit cover hair and leave for 20 to 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse twice, before conditioning as usual.

For extreme damage, use Elasticizer twice a week. Once the best possible condition is achieved revert to the daily care routine recommended for your hair type.

Hi there Bublin this product sounds very interesting, I did a search on QVC.com and it turns up and product not found. Can you post a link to it?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.

For all hair types

Oooh, this looks yum-o! How long have you been using this? What differences have you noticed in your hair?

blasianbeauty

For all hair types

HOW TO USE

Thanks Bublin! I will definitely look into this. I wonder what the ingredients are? Hmm...:scratchch

blasianbeauty

I've tried a lot of conditioners/oils... but the best hands down is coconut milk.

After shampooing my hair is soft and much less tangled. I can tell a difference even after conditioning in the softness and ease to detangle. It's cheap and it works :yep:
I've never tried coconut milk yet. If its not that expensive I'll be sure to buy a bulk from Whole Foods and add it to my conditioners from here on out. :yep:

InnerSoul

I am cheap with my pre-poo trtmt.

On wet hair I use,
-suave conditioner (milk n honey) mixed with Sweet almond oil (found in the grocery store).

and that is all.

blasianbeauty

Ilike this tip also. I bought the Sap Moss pre shampoo treatment yesterday and the directions said to leave it on for only 5 minutes. I like the idea of applying conditioner to dry hair first for 30 minutes...sounds like your hair is in good shape! :)

blasianbeauty

Ditto. Castor Oil makes everything great.

Hair Mayonnaise and Molasses.
Or Olive Oil, Scented Coconut Oil and Honey.
Shea butter, sweet almond oil and sweet almond butter.
Terax Conditioner
Komaza Deep Conditioner with Molasses.
Hamadi Deep Conditioner or Their oil.
QB Alma and Olive Oil
Gosh, I know so many.
Bravenew you gon make me go broke! :drunk: :lol: Have you seen good results from using all of this? It looks like coconut oil is definitely a winner, since you and others have mentioned this item consistently. :)

Bublin

Regarding the Elasticizer -

I cannot find a list of ingredients on the net - when i get home i'll have to type it all out.

Amazon also sell it as well as HairHQ - just do a google.
I bought it from QVC -UK but i know it always sells out. The man himself talks about all hair types including natural and relaxed afro hair.

I have used this for a while - when natural and now relaxed.

Whilst natural i learned that my hair was super dry and brittle. This is the only product that i could see and feel a difference with.

Now relaxed, my hair definitely is more moisturised - i am realising the more i use it the less my hair needs moisturising between washes and it breaks alot less.

You really don't need much - and this is coming from someone whose hair soaks up products.

When i use another conditioner for a pre-poo i realise how effective this treatment is.

I also think that my hair is smoother.
I also apply directly to the roots when i have a lot of regrowth.

I do sometimes wonder why this is a staple product on this forum.

NB - my hair does not like oils so this product is a real winner for me.

Last edited:

honeybadgirl

Ilike this tip also. I bought the Sap Moss pre shampoo treatment yesterday and the directions said to leave it on for only 5 minutes. I like the idea of applying conditioner to dry hair first for 30 minutes...sounds like your hair is in good shape! :)

yes exactly!! i was going to say i LOVE the results of sap moss mixed with a conditioner and then i sit under the dryer for about 20-30 min. my hair is always BEAUTIFUL!!!:yep::grin:

bravenewgirl87

Bravenew you gon make me go broke! :drunk: :lol: Have you seen good results from using all of this? It looks like coconut oil is definitely a winner, since you and others have mentioned this item consistently. :)

There are so many different combinations that you really need to figure out which works best for you. I used to AB's Hair Mayonnaise with Moalsses, bt they changed the formula. You can pretty much make anything work as a pre-poo, even conditioners that you aren't crazy about as a deep conditioner. The Terax was good, but it ran out too quickly. Queen Helene's chloesterol doesn't work as well anymore for me, even if I add ingredients to it. Just... blah!

But, Pantene Hydrating rinse in another good one, very similar to the Terax. You just have to find which one works for your hair's needs.

audacity.

My ABSOLUTE fave combo to pre-poo with is LeKair Cholesterol and Unrefined Virgin Coconut oil.

This (when left on over night or for about an hour with heat) leaves my hair feeling like butta-baby!

I :love: coconut oil!!!!!!!

(I may have to revisit the milk, I tried it at the beginning of my jouney w/ my DC treatment and I didn't really notice any difference...)

morehairplease

For all hair types

HOW TO USE

thanks for sharing this. I am going to give this a try b/c I have noticed that my hair does not like oils either.

MD_Lady

I got an AWESOME recipe for a pre-poo with coconut milk, honey, and various oils from this forum and it rocks my world. :love4: I would post it in here, but I'm having issues with the search function right now. :ohwell: Both Tressemme and V05 have some hot oil treatments that I also really like.

cecilie

I use to add honey ," crème fraiche "and oil ( coconut , castor or olive ) to my conditionner and it works good , my hair is verysoft after my poo I don't need to use hairdryer ...
Cecilie

LadyKaypnyc

A mixture of Molassas, coconut milk, and peppermint oil. It really softens the hair, but the molassas can be a little messy.:yawn:

MizaniLocs

I use a cholesterol conditioner and add Vatika oil or pure coconut oil.

A few weeks ago, I used coconut oil+Suave Vanilla Conditioner :)lick:). Man my hair was SOOO silky and soft! My goodness. I didn't know a cheapie conditioner can make a girl feel like that. :lol:

But my favorite is Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol Conditioner plus a little vatika oil. Lekair Cholesterol is also good though IMHO.

25Nona

Jehan Pre-Shampoo Oil from shescentit :grin: :lick: :grin: :lick: :grin:

Tiffers, I saw you talking about this on another thread so I ordered some of this. I took the notice out the mailbox today that I can pick it up from the post office. I can't wait to use it on my next wash day.