Best Relaxer, Ladies PLEASE come in and reply...

pearlygurl

I have been using Motions Regular Strength Relaxer for a couple of years (I'm 21 and self-relax) now and I have been getting good results, but nothing spectacular. I've read about Phytorelaxer but I'm not sure that I want to switch to no-lye. Can anybody recommend and great relaxer that leaves body in the hair and gives silky results? Has anyone tried Hawaiian Silky? TIA

Well I Have Heard Good Reviews On Revlon(no Base). And You Should Stay Away From Any No Lye Relaxer!!!! They Are So Bad For Your Hair. But I Have Used Lady Velvet And It Was Good. I Remeber Using Hawiian Silk And I Loved The Results. Which Ever One You Decide Keep Us Updated!!!! Good Luck

I think that the ideal relaxer is so subjective.

I tried a few different relaxers, some of which are very popular with the ladies here, but I didn't get the results that I expected. I ended up going with an obscure product, but it works wonders on my hair.

With that said, I hope you find the product that you're looking for :)

I currently use Prefectiv no-lye and its fantastic, I have used no-lye since Ive been self-relaxing and it is what my hair likes, lye is SO harsh on my scalp.

I love Affirm, I especially love Affirm Fiberguard.

The whole system from Avalon is great!!

I will never use another relaxer. This is the relaxer that Cathy Howse uses.

I'm a Vitale girl, have been for years. I think they've changed the packing though- lately I've been seeing this Mo Body line, but I'm not sure if it's the same or not. Either way, it's a keeper :)

Lye vs. No-lye is all hype. It just depends on your hair.
Lye relaxers don't do jack for me.
I've used African Pride and Mizani Sensitive Scalp with no problems. I just ordered the Phyto so we'll see how that goes. If it is significantly better I will stay with it, otherwise back to Mizani I go.

I'm not sure what the best relaxer is but here are relaxers I have used that gave me good results:

ElastaQP
Motions
Hawaiian Silky

I would use Mild or Regular strength different times for each one of those relaxers.

Wow. I'm surprised that there aren't any Phyto people in here yet. I haven't gotten my order of it yet so I can't comment on it, but Affirm has worked well for me in the past. Just want to see if Phyto will be better. If not, I'm going to stretch the relaxer out for a good while and switch back to Affirm.

Back