BEST Rollerset Product for Natural Hair

Tigerlily25

I love curly hair but sometimes I want straight hair without the heat. Who knew about rollersetting natural hair?!? I had no idea until discovering LHCF...Major news!

I read somewhere Lacio Lacio is a good one to try, but I can't find it anywhere, I checked four BSS yesterday! Besides, I don't even know what category it's in (setting lotion, moisturizer, hair cond, etc.). Let me know so I'll know what to ask for :perplexed.

What else is there? Is there something else or is Lacio Lacio IT? Fellow Maryland-ers (by way of Silver Spring), pls give me the scoop on the best place to shop for hair care.

dree

Hi Tigerlilly, I am a natural (3A MBL) and read about Lacio Lacio on the board. It is the TRUTH for roller sets!! It's a Dominican leave-in and I order mine from www.sickbay.biz.

HTH

AtlantaJJ

I love curly hair but sometimes I want straight hair without the heat. Who knew about rollersetting natural hair?!? I had no idea until discovering LHCF...Major news!

I read somewhere Lacio Lacio is a good one to try, but I can't find it anywhere, I checked four BSS yesterday! Besides, I don't even know what category it's in (setting lotion, moisturizer, hair cond, etc.). Let me know so I'll know what to ask for :perplexed.

What else is there? Is there something else or is Lacio Lacio IT? Fellow Maryland-ers (by way of Silver Spring), pls give me the scoop on the best place to shop for hair care.
:welcome:

Thank you for posting this question because I've been natural for 1 year and one of my goals for 2009 is to master the flat iron technique and to learn how to effectively roller set natural hair.

I think using the right products will make a huge difference.

TrustMeLove

I want to know a product that helps to defrizz 4a/b hair for rollersets. So I can make sure the hair is smooth on the roller.

clever

Lacio Lacio will def. make the hair shiny and soft(I don't use it anymore b/c I can't find the version with mink oil).I now use Redken velvet whip.

clever

:welcome:

Thank you for posting this question because I've been natural for 1 year and one of my goals for 2009 is to master the flat iron technique and to learn how to effectively roller set natural hair.

I think using the right products will make a huge difference.
That flat iron in your siggy is looking :lick:.

(Repeating I will not cheat on the chi over and over and backing away from thread)

Tigerlily25

Lacio Lacio will def. make the hair shiny and soft(I don't use it anymore b/c I can't find the version with mink oil).I now use Redken velvet whip.

Thanks for the welcome AtlantaJJ, and thank you for the website, dree. It's described as a Leave-in!

ElleDoll, are the pictures in your siggy "After" using the Redken Velvet Whip? Also, how does Redken VW smell, I can't stand the strong stuff. Just can't do it, I tell ya. By the way, as a wanna-be-BSL-on-the-way-to-MBL, boy do I hair envy YOU. I stopped cutting my hair 3 years ago and I'm still stuck at SL. But, I am claiming it in 2009, by golly.

As a recovering PJ, I thought I was tried out, but I got some left in me to keep going...One more 'gen ;). Note to self...work on a siggy.