Beyond the Zone Stiff Head

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
e$h said:
I would just like to say that I finally went out and bought this stuff since I'll be 16 weeks post tomorrow and all I can say is WOWWWWWWWW! Whomever started this thread :cheers: here's to you. My edges almost look like butta. I say almost only because I need a touch up.:lol: But this stuff right here is the ISH!!!!
Ain't it though!! Priestess made the first recomendation and man was she on point! My hair is natural and i'm looking like I have a fresh perm.

preciousjewel76

sunshinebeautiful said:
I'm going to give this product a try tomorrow. So I can just brush this stuff in to keep my edges smooth? Do you usually have to reapply everyday to keep your edges flat?

I rub the stick onto my edges, then use a fine-toothed seamless comb or boar-bristle brush to smooth them down. Then, I tie my satin scarf on for 10 minutes or so - this really helps to flatten those edges. I also found that, at least for me, the Stiff Head works better if my edges are slightly damp.

I don't reapply every day; I just dampen my edges, brush/comb them down, and tie the scarf on for a while. Depending upon how I'm wearing my hair or my exercise routine, I may reapply every couple of days. A little goes a long way!

e$h

Pokahontas, your hair is beautiful girl!!!!!

Thanks for the tip Preciousjewel. I think with the edges damp it'll look even better. Gotta try that in the next day or so.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
e$h said:

Thanks for the tip Preciousjewel. I think with the edges damp it'll look even better. Gotta try that in the next day or so.
Thanks sweetie!

preciousjewel76

e$h said:

I just wet my hands and pat them over my edges. Or if I'm in the shower, I'll lift up my shower cap & let a little water run over them. Then I apply the Stiff Head. It just seems like my hair stays "slicked down" better that way.

And what's this about you failing the Newbie Challenge??? BAD GIRL!:spank:

e$h

preciousjewel76 said:
I just wet my hands and pat them over my edges. Or if I'm in the shower, I'll lift up my shower cap & let a little water run over them. Then I apply the Stiff Head. It just seems like my hair stays "slicked down" better that way.

And what's this about you failing the Newbie Challenge??? BAD GIRL!:spank:

You know.........I don't know why I'm blaming Thanksgiving. The holiday has nothing to do with me being lazy. I have been drinking lotsa water and protecting my hair and stuff, but working 2 jobs and tryin to work out has been difficult. I haven't been really motivated either. I think I'll give it another shot. No guarantees, but it's worth a try. Please no more spanking!:lol:

preciousjewel76

e$h said:
You know.........I don't know why I'm blaming Thanksgiving. The holiday has nothing to do with me being lazy. I have been drinking lotsa water and protecting my hair and stuff, but working 2 jobs and tryin to work out has been difficult. I haven't been really motivated either. I think I'll give it another shot. No guarantees, but it's worth a try. Please no more spanking!:lol:

LOL, OK, I'll give you a pass. It *is* hard to maintain a workout schedule with 2 jobs - I know from experience! Plus, to be honest, I was super lazy Thanksgiving week myself. And because of it, I've gained a few pounds.:perplexed And I'm the one who started the Newbie Challenge!:eek:

Imma get it together, though!:lol:

crlsweetie912

My hair works better if I use it on dry hair? My hair is crazy like that. I do my regular moisture seal, add elasta qp, brush and tie down for the night. In the morning, I apply the stick, brush a little more and tie down again while I am in the tub. It works perfectly! I took pictures this morning and I will post tonight when I get home.

e$h

preciousjewel76 said:
LOL, OK, I'll give you a pass. It *is* hard to maintain a workout schedule with 2 jobs - I know from experience! Plus, to be honest, I was super lazy Thanksgiving week myself. And because of it, I've gained a few pounds.:perplexed And I'm the one who started the Newbie Challenge!:eek:

Imma get it together, though!:lol:

You off the chain!!!!!:lol:

sunshinebeautiful

preciousjewel76 said:
I rub the stick onto my edges, then use a fine-toothed seamless comb or boar-bristle brush to smooth them down. Then, I tie my satin scarf on for 10 minutes or so - this really helps to flatten those edges. I also found that, at least for me, the Stiff Head works better if my edges are slightly damp.

I don't reapply every day; I just dampen my edges, brush/comb them down, and tie the scarf on for a while. Depending upon how I'm wearing my hair or my exercise routine, I may reapply every couple of days. A little goes a long way!

OK, I'm going to give this another try with slightly damp hair. I used it this morning on completely dry hair, brushed it into my hairline, tied it down with a scarf for a little bit, and wasn't seeing the results that I expected. It just kinda sat there. :ohwell: And I ended up using a dab of Let's Jam, like I normally use, to get those puppies smooth. I'll report back again after trying it on damp hair.

SandySea

It's a miracle!!! Thanks so much for this post. I would have never known that this product existed. I am almost 3 months post-relaxer and this product has slicked down my 4a edges into little wavelets and given my hair shine out of this world (even my mother was impressed). I was becoming a slave to that black gel, but I don't need it any more because this does the trick. I only apply it every other day, mostly at night with a morning touch-up if needed. Then I place the rest of my hair under one of those dome hairpieces. My hair stays under a cap all day in the operating room, so I don't bother to comb it out until the weekend when I wash. I love this product!! (End of my infomercial)

sunshinebeautiful

OK, so now I see what ya'll are talking about. :lol: I tried Stiff Head again this morning after slightly dampening my edges and tied it down with a scarf. And my edges are smooth, smooth, smooth. :D

preciousjewel76

sunshinebeautiful said:
OK, so now I see what ya'll are talking about. :lol: I tried Stiff Head again this morning after slightly dampening my edges and tied it down with a scarf. And my edges are smooth, smooth, smooth. :D

Welcome to the cult!;)

This is an amazing product. I used it on my hair line - Now I feel like I can stretch for months. Ladies who are beginning to stretch, this product is for you!

Right now, I am 8 weeks post, and using this product completely hides all the newgroth woes at my hairline.

Thanks for recommending this one. I also used it on my daughter's hairline who is natural, it defined the wave pattern in her hair AND when she came home from school after having her hair pulled in one, it was STILL neat.

Amazing, just Amazing!

aw man, i think im turning in to a pj cause i gotta get some of this stuff!!! i'm going to try the noodlehead as well!! thanks y'all :D

locabouthair

does this only work for people who have wavy hair? my hair has no curl/wave definition at all and i would like to try it.

juicy555

Wow this has got to be the best free advertising BTZ ever got!:eek: I think I'll use it for my next stretch! Thanks for turning me on to it!

crlsweetie912

locabouthair said:
does this only work for people who have wavy hair? my hair has no curl/wave definition at all and i would like to try it.

Not at all loca! It just takes my naps :)D ) and straightens them out to lie flat and smooth. It should work even better if your hair has little to no curl pattern! If you don't like it, you can return it. There are pictures in my fotki.

asubeauty

I'm just bumping this thread because after I read it, I went to Sally's and bought some BTZ... and I'm so happy about this product!! :yay: Thank you for the thread!!

I just wet my edges, rubbed the stick on them, and brushed them with a baby brush (it's my new favorite thing for my edges :) ) reapplied and brushed again, and OMG... I'm 9 weeks post and my edges are laying flat! I even tried it on my nape, and my nape is laying flat too!!

I showed it to my mom, and now she wants some too! :lol:

klb120475

Bump...

I love BTZ stiff head. I was wondering should I be concerned about the lil hairs on the stick? It may be natural shedding, but I'm not sure...:confused:

STLCoverGirl

I bought it when Sally's had the buy two Beyond the Zone Products and Get One Free....I am not overly impressed with it. It causes a lot of buildup and is too sticky for me. It does lay my hair down nicely, but I prefer Lets Jam gel.

preciousjewel76

STLCoverGirl said:
It causes a lot of buildup and is too sticky for me. It does lay my hair down nicely, but I prefer Lets Jam gel.

I was using it faithfully for awhile, but the buildup started bothering me, too. I still have it on hand for hair emergencies:) , but I use aloe vera gel for my edges nowadays.

wheezy807

klb120475 said:
Bump...

I love BTZ stiff head. I was wondering should I be concerned about the lil hairs on the stick? It may be natural shedding, but I'm not sure...:confused:

That's a good question, and no it's not shedding because i experienced the same thing when i first used this product. But now reading this thread makes me wanna give it a second try. I'm only 4wks post, so maybe in a couple of wks i'll try it again.

klb120475

wheezy807 said:
That's a good question, and no it's not shedding because i experienced the same thing when i first used this product. But now reading this thread makes me wanna give it a second try. I'm only 4wks post, so maybe in a couple of wks i'll try it again.

Keep me posted when you try it again.