Biblical Figures Related To Water

Enyo

Besides Jonah, are there any other figures in the Bible that have stories associated with water? I'm trying to name a few characters in my story and want to go with this theme.

Thanks.

*CherryPie*

Moses was told to strike the rock so water can come out of it and the people can drink.

Jesus walked on water.

The woman that washed Jesus' feet with her tears and dried them with her hair.

Moses parted the Red Sea.

The Samaritan woman with the clay jar at Jacob's well that Jesus asked for a drink of water.

There's many more.

Last edited:

Enyo

@Cherrypie I had Moses, but didn't mention him in my OP. I know Jesus walked on water, but I would never name a character after him. It just doesn't feel right. As far as the others mentioned, did they have names?

momi

This might be a stretch, but how about Naaman? @Enyo

So Naaman came with his horses and his chariots and stood at the doorway of the house of Elisha. 10Elisha sent a messenger to him, saying, "Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and your flesh will be restored to you and you will be clean."11But Naaman was furious and went away and said, "Behold, I thought, 'He will surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God, and wave his hand over the place and cure the leper.'…

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón

Last edited:

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón

Last edited:

Enyo

I gave the scriptural references so you could do your own research because I thought you needed the context of the imagery to develop the characters. The evidence is there if you search for it. Try a similar reference material on Google or other:

http://orthodoxengland.org.uk/define.htm

There are tons of apps and sites where you can put in a word and it will bring up all the verses with that word. So, it's easy to research, but my issue is that I don't want to read every passage that has to do with water because there are too many.

ETA: I posted the above before I clicked your link. I'm busy with school now and burrowed in serious research. I'll bookmark that and look during winter break. Thanks.

Sheriberi

Peter, Matthew 14
Miriam, Exodus - placed her brother Moses in the water
The woman at the well, John 4 - I don't think her actual named was given
Bathsheba - 2 Samuel

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Gideon

(excerpt from Judges 7)
4 But the Lord said to Gideon, “There are still too many men. Take them down to the water, and I will thin them out for you there. If I say, ‘This one shall go with you,’ he shall go; but if I say, ‘This one shall not go with you,’ he shall not go.”
5 So Gideon took the men down to the water. There the Lord told him, “Separate those who lap the water with their tongues as a dog laps from those who kneel down to drink.”
6 Three hundred of them drank from cupped hands, lapping like dogs. All the rest got down on their knees to drink.

Besides Jonah, are there any other figures in the Bible that have stories associated with water? I'm trying to name a few characters in my story and want to go with this theme.

Thanks.

Enyo

@Laela Oooh, Gideon! I had no idea he was related to water. That's a nice one! Thanks. I think I may add John in since he baptized Jesus.

Sheriberi

Isaiah (2 Kings 2) stuck the waters with his cloak and was able to cross on dry land
Ethiopian Eunuch (Acts 8) who was baptized by Philip
John the Baptist