Biden is coming to Queens, the town I grew up in.... on Tuesday...

yamilee21

Most of the dead in Queens were in illegal cellar apartments. Most in New Jersey died in or escaping their cars when they were caught in flash flooding. There’s not really a cohesive group of victims… I wonder where he will actually go.

(It would be great if a word against cementing private yards could be snuck into the messaging around these visits - newer homeowners in Queens in particular don’t seem to realize that yards actually serve to absorb the rainwater runoff. Also, single family homes torn down to create multi-family units that use almost the entire property for the building remove the natural rain absorbency as well.)

vevster

(It would be great if a word against cementing private yards could be snuck into the messaging around these visits - newer homeowners in Queens in particular don’t seem to realize that yards actually serve to absorb the rainwater runoff.
Excellent point!!! I never made that connection.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day

Most of the dead in Queens were in illegal cellar apartments. Most in New Jersey died in or escaping their cars when they were caught in flash flooding. There’s not really a cohesive group of victims… I wonder where he will actually go.

(It would be great if a word against cementing private yards could be snuck into the messaging around these visits - newer homeowners in Queens in particular don’t seem to realize that yards actually serve to absorb the rainwater runoff. Also, single family homes torn down to create multi-family units that use almost the entire property for the building remove the natural rain absorbency as well.)
Near me, a man drowned in his car. :sad:

Keen

Some cities have rules against cementing more than 50% of the lot (I live in the south).